Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading Names Of Military Family/Loved Ones On Show: Reply
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Reading Names Of Military Family/Loved Ones On Show: Reply

Nov 1, 2019, 6:15 PM

For the past 3 years, we have read on air the names, military branch, and area of duty of military members (past and present) live on the air during The Tiger Pregame Show during Military Appreciation Day.

These veterans and active enlisted men and women do not have to be Clemson fans, just a family member or loved one of a Clemson fan.

Of course, we will also read the names of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

This information can be tweeted to us on our Twitter feeds or posted on The Tiger Pregame Show facebook page.

But, this year, I am opening this up to Tigernet as well.

So, if you would like to have a family member or loved one's name to be read out and recognized during the show live on air, simply reply to this thread with the applicable information noted above. We'll read it out during the broadcast (10:00-1:00 tomorrow).

Thanks to all that have served and are currently serving our country!

I have copy and pasted below our broadcast information so you can have that handy as well.

Broadcast Information And Show Location For Saturday's 223rd Tiger Pregame Show!
Military Appreciation Day 2019

“The Road To A Repeat Begins With The Tiger Pregame Show!”

The Tiger Pregame Show, a game day tradition for Clemson football fans on Saturdays since 2003, will broadcast Live from the Swann Pavilion at Littlejohn Coliseum this Saturday from 10:00-1:00 as the Tigers recognize Military Appreciation Day vs. Wofford College!

The Tiger Pregame Show is broadcast exclusively by The Roar, the Flagship Station for Clemson Athletics. The Tiger Tailgate Show will air beginning at 1:00 pm this week vs. Wofford.

Fans can listen at 105.5 FM, in Clemson and Greenville, 1560 in Spartanburg, on theroar.radio, or The Roar Mobile App!

This week we wear purple to recognize Military Appreciation Day in Clemson and thank the thousands of Clemson alumni and fans that have served or who are currently serving in our military.

The Tiger Pregame Show on Facebook
@tigerpregame on Twitter and
@tigerpregameshow on Instagram
@kellygramlich on Twitter
@1055TheRoar on Twitter

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three names for you

Nov 1, 2019, 11:14 PM

Vic Aliffi (spelling maybe wrong) was a tackle on the football team, had his problems but was killed in Vietnam.

Lt. Carl Lumberton, was my Executive Officer died in Vietnam.

Ltc (Ret) Richard Robbins former Clemson ROTC instructor and original Academic Advisor at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know how to edit

Nov 1, 2019, 11:16 PM

That should be LT. Carl Lamberson auto correct got me

Right next to the reply button on the right is a little x

Nov 2, 2019, 5:50 AM

and a comment icon with a pencil in it. Hit the x to delete and the other icon to edit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Nov 2, 2019, 10:34 AM

Appreciate it. Us old folks need help sometimes.

Captain Harry L. Tinsley, US Army Artillery,

Nov 2, 2019, 5:10 AM

Battery Commander in the invasion of Okinawa during World War II.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corporal Wes Brandeis from SC National Guard

Nov 2, 2019, 5:26 AM

on tour right now in the Middle East

Lt. Col Samuel John Azzarelli

Nov 2, 2019, 5:46 AM

Korea, Vietnam. Began in Artillery with Big Red One. Retired 1978. Passed away 1996

My pops. My hero.

Thank You

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My uncle Dean Spearman died on D-Day and my father

Nov 2, 2019, 7:59 AM

William Spearman served at end on WWII (lost him 5 years ago) - I was in jungles of Viet Nam & you can just refer to clover65 from TigerNet and Clover, SC

PFC J.C "Billy" Foggie...

Nov 2, 2019, 8:36 AM

Served in the Korean War..
Passed in 1994...

Re: PFC J.C "Billy" Foggie...

Nov 2, 2019, 9:49 AM

Cpl. William H. Sawyer. Marines in WWII. He was on Saipan and Iwo Jima. Passed in 1990.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On this dsy please remember the 493 Clemson heroes who made the ultimate sacrificee

Nov 2, 2019, 10:10 AM

Including:
Lt Commander John E Muldrow, Class of 1937, Bishopville, SC flying a PB4Y-2 Privateer was shot down Aug 1945 at Marcos Island, Pacific. Officially listed as MIA.

He was my mother's first husband.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My dad and two uncles served

Nov 2, 2019, 10:27 AM

William Clelle (pronounced Klel) Buchanan of Marietta SC was Stationed at Ft Jackson during Korean Conflict. Dad died in April 2011. He attended Clemson for a couple of years before going into the Army

Younger brother, Richard C Buchanan served in the USAF. He was stationed overseas and a Hugh Clemson fan attending many home and away games. He passed away around 2014.

Youngest brother Keith C Buchanan also served in the USAF stationed for a period of time in Korea. He passed away around 2003.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic