Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zerrick Cooper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Zerrick Cooper

Dec 1, 2016, 4:01 PM

As the season comes to a close and reality sets in that there is a very god chance DW4 will not be back next year. I begin to think about next year and who will be taking over the reigns to this offense. Many people believe Kelly Bryant will be the man but I don't believe this is the case. Z-Coop is a guy that came out of a Spread offense like Watson did in HS and is use to throwing the football unlike Bryant who came out of a triple option offense in HS. I believe Z-Coop will beat out Bryant and he will be our best option as he mirrors DW4. From what we've seen when Bryant has went into games so far is that he cant read a defense very well and it shows in his passing, but is a great runner. I firmly believe Z-Coop will be our future. I would like other peoples opinions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zerrick Cooper

Dec 1, 2016, 4:18 PM

So which defenses are you specifically referring to him(KB) not being able to read? Coach Dabo has already said KB is THE guy next year. I have great hopes for Zerrick and Hunter pushing KB but I doubt either will beat him this spring. cant wait to see the competition and read about it on TNET!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, I believe you but I don't remember reading or

Dec 1, 2016, 4:21 PM

hearing where Dabo said that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link

Dec 1, 2016, 4:25 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Championship-Season-Tigers-aim-ACC-Championship-15398

about two-thirds of the way down the article.

Got, it thanks. and a +1 to you. If Dabo says it, then I

Dec 1, 2016, 4:27 PM

for one trust his opinion. 6-10+ win seasons in a row with 2 ACC Champ games in a row (hopefully two trophies) and hopefully a second CFP appearance in a row. I give him some credibility.

in Dabo we trust....

Dec 1, 2016, 4:29 PM

:)

"Going into the Spring" means nothing.

Dec 1, 2016, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Got, it thanks. and a +1 to you. If Dabo says it, then I ]

That equivalent of a preseason ranking. Fall Camp is when the job is truly one.

you think Stoudt really beat DW4 two springs ago?

Dec 1, 2016, 4:41 PM

I dont. I just think Dabo has a process of breaking in Freshman QB's if they are better than the upperclassmen ahead of them

Re: you think Stoudt really beat DW4 two springs ago?

Dec 1, 2016, 6:49 PM

Stoudt had the most playing experience....and was a senior on his last year. Not the same case for Bryant. Dabo said they will go into the spring that way...he didn't say they'd come out of the fall the same way.

Dec 1, 2016, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Zerrick Cooper ]

No Dabo only said he is the guy going into spring not that he will be the starter next year

Dec 1, 2016, 4:19 PM

What kind work does he get in live practices and how has he looked. Anyone seen or heard?

Dec 1, 2016, 4:37 PM

He's a redshirt so he doesn't get the in game experience but he gets practice reps and I have seen him in person throwing before games and he looks very crisp. I just worry about Bryant because he hasn't shown me any good throws yet where it gives me confidence in next year. He has great wheels. DW4 came in for the first time ever and threw a dime over a defenders head for a TD.

I'll give you my opinion FWIW, and that's not much.

Dec 1, 2016, 4:19 PM

Haven't seen Cooper play outside of HS highlight reels. Outstanding highlight reel. First of all, I'd like to say that I think Dabo and Co. know what they are doing and will ultimately put in whoever has the best chance of winning that day. We are not building or rebounding. We otherwise are consistently at a possible Championship level team with the defense we have coming back, a maturing Oline, more wrs and rbs than you can shake a stick at. So, I don't think they can afford to put in the guy that is going to be the best in a year or two, but will play who is the best that day. Love all our guys. But Bryant has not thrown much in games. I'm afraid this means that our coaches don't trust him to which is not a good sign. Outstanding runner. I don't think Bryant is the guy that leads us to an ACCCG and Playoff next year. But, I don't know enough about Cooper to say he's that guy either. DW4 came in and made a splash as a Freshman obviously. Hoping that between Cooper and our incomings that we have someone that wows them at practice and earns the spot outright.

Re: I'll give you my opinion FWIW, and that's not much.

Dec 1, 2016, 4:42 PM

I definitley agree, Bryant has made some very bonehead plays when he had a chance to pass. Bryant is a great runner but he doesn't have that next gear or level like Watson had. He came in and first play ever threw a TD and never slowed down, the coaching staff redshirted Z-coop for a reason. They see something in him.

Dec 1, 2016, 4:26 PM

If K B is in the running, they sure never let him throw it, they makes me wonder about his passing game

Dec 1, 2016, 4:35 PM

Zerrick Cooper looks a lot like Deshaun throwing the ball, but running it, he looks even more elusive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 4:44 PM

Haha I promise you cooper is not as elusive as DW4. The kid is pretty flat footed. He can sling it though

Dec 1, 2016, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Zerrick Cooper ]

Haha I promise you cooper is not as elusive as DW4. The kid is pretty flat footed. He can sling it though

Dec 1, 2016, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Zerrick Cooper ]

Yes, I see the same thing. I've watched him throw. He has a great arm and he is a great runner. He's faster than DW4 too. Cooper's ability will be just as good as Watson's if not better and he was redshirted this year for a reason. He is our future. My question will be Does he have the poise and brains like DW4?

Dec 1, 2016, 4:55 PM

I hope Bryant improves tremendously and will give us the best chance to win but if not then I see him being our version of Braxton Miller if he decides to convert into a WR

Link to Cooper's senior highlights

Dec 1, 2016, 5:00 PM

Seems to have great pocket awareness and escapability. Very nice touch on his passes.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3330714/zerrick-cooper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 1, 2016, 5:03 PM

Obviously KB is going to be the No 1 QB going into the spring. He's currently a key backup and has taken snaps during games unlike none of the other potential contenders. That's not to say that KB will be No 1 after spring or fall practice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

KB played in a spread offense his Sr yr

Dec 1, 2016, 5:05 PM

But yes, I think he still just has trouble reading defenses & going thru his progressions. Almost like he locks onto one guy & either forces it or takes off if it's not there....kinda like Lamar last yr. ;)

spring game showed me this year.....

Dec 1, 2016, 5:17 PM

Kelly Bryant needs to move to WR ....for the exact reasons u mention

In the Spring it'll be Kelly Bryant's position to lose, but

Dec 1, 2016, 5:42 PM

... the fact that Bryant could not displace Nick Schuessler in two seasons of trying make it seem as though the competition for starting QB will be wide open by Fall practice and that Cooper, Brice, Johnson, and even Israel will have a good chance to pass Bryant.

Wouldn't be surprising to see a position change for Bryant and a transfer for Israel sooner than later.

Re: In the Spring it'll be Kelly Bryant's position to lose, but

Dec 1, 2016, 6:01 PM

If he does switch to WR I think he'll benefit tremendously redshirting to get an extra year getting used to the position

Hoping...

Dec 1, 2016, 6:08 PM

Hunter Johnson is a factor too

NO! Do Some Research

Dec 1, 2016, 6:13 PM

Zerrick Cooper had 1,132 yards passing, 14 TDs passing, 3 INTs and 105 for 175 (60%) his senior year in high school.

Kelly Bryant had 3,570 yards passing, 41 TDs passing, 10 INTs and 231 for 368 (63&) his senior year in high school.

Kelly Bryant's stats and offense were much closer to DW4 his senior season.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: NO! Do Some Research

Dec 1, 2016, 6:24 PM

Cooper was coming off an injury to his knee. That's what made him stay under the radar

Dec 1, 2016, 6:35 PM

Read the original post.

He played in all his games his senior year. They ran an offense based off the Winged T.

null

Dec 1, 2016, 6:51 PM

Yeah I meant it happened during his junior year. I trust whoever the coaches put out there

love the stats... Check out this guy...

Dec 1, 2016, 6:28 PM [ in reply to NO! Do Some Research ]

Second-team All-American by MaxPreps.com and honorable mention Parade All-American as a senior ... set six state passing records ... broke Tim Tebow’s state record for passing touchdowns in a season (56), 10 more than Tebow ... set the state record for career passing touchdowns (162) ... passed for 15,034 yards in his career; averaged 5.1 passing touchdowns and 349 yards per game in his career ... had 1,314 yards and 18 touchdowns on 222 carries in his career ... only player in state history with 600 passing yards in consecutive games ... No. 12 dual-threat quarterback in the nation by ESPN ... had 4,446 passing yards and 56 touchdowns as a senior ... had 3,979 passing yards and 40 touchdowns as a junior ... had 3,685 passing yards and 36 touchdowns as a sophomore ... coached by Anthony Paradiso ... recruited by Chad Morris.

who is it????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: love the stats... Check out this guy...

Dec 1, 2016, 6:36 PM

Tucker Israel.

My post was in regards to the original post.

null

I think many of us are absolutely spoiled

Dec 1, 2016, 6:18 PM

with Watson. I have high hopes for Bryant but the degree he would have to improve in his passing game is pretty big. I think we'll move more towards a run based (much more option) offense that dinks and dunks the ball down the field with very few deep passes. That is until Bryant or another QB develops a serviceable deep ball.

Dec 1, 2016, 6:25 PM

Whoever gives us the best chance to win.
If it's a true freshman so be it, I hope Dabo makes that the decision on sure Talent.
Not on who has been here the longest the one who earns it should be the best player period.

Dec 1, 2016, 6:32 PM

I agree with you. The most telling thing to me the past two seasons have been then fact that they call plays for NS to throw the ball yet KB only runs plays where he either hands it off or runs himself. The plays where he had a chance to throw he either couldn't find a receiver and got sacked or he made a bad throw. Sometimes he competed passes to wide open receivers. I really believe that our next QB will be either ZC or HJ.

this won't even be a competition... only one Bryant will

Dec 1, 2016, 7:05 PM

start for us and that will be at DE.

Coop will be the man, if Hunter Johnson doesn't beat him out.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic