Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Brownell and Bowden similarities cannot be overlooked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The Brownell and Bowden similarities cannot be overlooked

Feb 14, 2019, 7:29 AM

I know it has been said many times before, but you simply cannot overlook the comparison any longer. The last 2 games are the perfect example but it has been happening for many years now.

This team gets hyped at home to play top 15 team in VT and looks energetic, excited, and capable. 3 nights later we play a pitiful Miami team and we look sluggish, inept, and lazy.

Bowden's football teams were notorious for playing to the level of their competition. We would beat a great team one week and look miserable against a terrible team the next. This is where the original meaning of c******ing was derived.

In the end, I like Brownell and think he is a good guy and a decent coach. I also admit that I felt the same about Bowden. It would be much easier to fire the guy if he was finishing last in the conference and was finishing with a below .500 record. Instead he does enough (just like Bowden) to make you think he might turn it around next season and give us the results we have felt he is capable of delivering for many years now.

I feel bad for the guy with 2 losses at the buzzer that were not his fault, but I cannot excuse the miserable effort put forth last night after watching the same team put together a fantastic effort a few days earlier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Brownell and Bowden similarities cannot be overlooked

Feb 14, 2019, 7:46 AM

I couldn’t have said it better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 7:49 AM

Bowden had a program with much more tradition than Brad. I think this gave him acess to generally better talent that Brad. Results with both can be termed disappointing and inconsistent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both their last names do start with a B and both have an o, w, n, and e in them too***

Feb 14, 2019, 8:19 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both their last names do start with a B and both have an o, w, n, and e in them too***

Feb 14, 2019, 9:28 AM

Does Brownell have a crazy b!tch momma?

Chances are yes, but I coodn’t swear buy it***

Feb 14, 2019, 11:27 AM

You’d be surprised how much I can overlook.***

Feb 14, 2019, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You’d be surprised how much I can overlook.***

Feb 14, 2019, 9:34 AM

I'm assuming Bob is the first think on your list that is easy to overlook.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ever hear of dickiedoo?***

Feb 14, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to You’d be surprised how much I can overlook.*** ]

Tommy beat most of the good teams on the schedule

Feb 14, 2019, 11:22 AM

but we choked on some teams that were less talented. Brownell has beaten VT but that's about the only good team he's beaten this year.

Feb 14, 2019, 11:36 AM

When Tommy was the coach fans here were saying they care more about Clemson than a coach and that's the way I feel as well. I lose sympathy for multi millionaires I just want to see a winner. I like Brad too but he's doing a tad better financially than I am he'll be just fine one day in life after Clemson

Al Davis .. JUST WIN!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2019, 11:54 AM

Brad dropped two ROAD games at the buzzer. If it was happening in LJ, then I would fault Brownell.

Tommy was able to bring inc top 25 talent in a top 15 "dedicated to football" program... and lose to WAKE!

Brownell is keeping us mid-table with a 16 appearance in a program that likely ranks behind Football (3X NC), Baseball, Golf (1 NC), Soccer (2 NC), and maybe track (lots) for the University's "% success" priorities.

Really, the basketball season is almost something to have on-hand crowd for when they announce football achievements.

Tommy had way too much

Feb 14, 2019, 2:09 PM

UGA-itis in him...less with more...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic