Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life..

Jan 15, 2018, 9:25 PM

They've been wannabees forever. And it's totally understandable.

They've had to sit and watch Clemson evolve as an incredible university with REAL traditions ( esp. contributing to agriculture advancement in SC) and, of course, the strong military traditions that define a lot of our heritage/ personna ( Clemson sent the third most officers into WW II, after West Point and Texas A&M).

They've had to deal with the outright beautiful setting of our university, on a lake, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts; as opposed to an inner city, sh*thole of a city and a campus with very few redeeming qualities, if any.

The cluckers are stuck with a stadium (aka the Cockroach) at a local fairgrounds. And Clemson with a magnificent stadium right on campus, interspersed with academic and dormitory buildings, easily accessible and a delight on Game Day. The setting is beyond wonderful.

And the best college FB entrance on the planet. Ain't no fire-extinguishers here...

Then there's the issue of our academics, which has been an especially sore subject for dirt peckers. Clemson always with higher SATs and more academic recognition ( ie. Top 20s, etc), coupled with many awards for such things as 'best game day experience', 'happiest students', one of the best Town and Gown relationships In America, higher entry level job salaries.

And there is always the 'legend' of The Clemson Man........who never needs an introduction.

And, of course, the Clemson Family..more real than legend.

There is something in these hills. We sense it, we feel it, people know it and the Cluckers fear it.

BTW, how many USuC women have been named Miss Universe or runner up at Miss America ( and clearly should have won it)?

And we have driven the cluckers to rage, hyperbole and hysteria over our success, the essence of which they can NOT comprehend. We must be cheating. New Springs gives players $$$. We're really NOT that good. The essence of comedic beauty...

National Championships: CU-TWO FB, one Golf, two Soccer. And from a little school in the foothills !

And our bowl history vis-à-vis USuC....really pretty embarrassing if you're a dirt ######>

USuC: total of 20 bowls played in; NEVER in a major bowl! Didn't win a bowl until ~ 1995!
Scary bad! One, yes just one conference championship ever !! YCMTSU

Clemson: Bowl history speaks for itself....USuC would be fortunate to duplicate it over
the next 200 years...

Clemson is like nowhere else.

I could go on and on. It's now wonder they hate us, feel inferior to us and have nothing better to do than to make up stories about Clemson to make themselves feel better or the least bit relevant in college sports, or the big scheme of things...

One more thing:

The average UsUC fan cannot begin to comprehend why a star athlete who could go pro and make a ton of money might want to stay at Clemson for a fourth year. We know why, they know why and the cluckers are clueless: it speaks to the wholesome environment that exists in Clemson athletics and especially the culture that Dabo has created. It's special, it's unique and we all can see why a young man might want to savor it for just one more time! USuC has never and will never be able to experience anything like what we're talking about here. It's a Clemson thing......Go Tigers

Rant over....................

Message was edited by: MiuraTiger®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life..

Jan 15, 2018, 9:33 PM

You my friend hit the nail on the head! You should have kept on and on and on! Really a great post! THANKS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 9:43 PM

Well, there is just not enough room in one post to enumerate all of the superlatives re Clemson. And, as Dizzy Dean used to say, "if it's the truth, you ain't bragging".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This........ Is.........truly..............POTD!!!!!!

Jan 15, 2018, 9:34 PM

Well said sir!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking entirely for myself....

Jan 15, 2018, 9:40 PM

I don't feel one dang bit sorry for them.

As far as I am concerned, those mouthy deluded inbreds deserve every manner of misfortune, torment, suffering, calamity, and hardship that can possibly befall them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 15, 2018, 10:12 PM

While I agree with the majority of your post, I take umbrage with the denigration of the city of Columbia and surrounding suburbs due to the association with chicken u. I have lived here by choice since 1995. I have found it to be a great place to live, work, and raise children. My oldest is transferring in to Clemson in the fall and youngest has Clemson at the top of his list. Yes there are areas, like near the cockroach, where you don't want to go. There are also sketchy mobile home parks less than 2 miles from Clemson. So feel free to kick the chickens. But please don't kick my home because they also are here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

I agree with you about Cola, but to your point...

Jan 16, 2018, 6:33 AM

... I lived in a trailer park my senior year at Clemson... with two roomates as I was working my way through school...

js

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jan 16, 2018, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life.. ]

The OP highlights the unhealthy nature of taking the rivalry too seriously.

It always cracks me up people are willing to hate the state capital just because USC is located there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jan 16, 2018, 12:23 PM

USC is in California.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Davis I don't think the OP meant to cause

Jan 16, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life.. ]

Hurt feelings among any Tiger brethren but I can see how it could and did. I worked in downtown Columbia a couple of years and always felt safe but I stayed alert. It just isn't as safe and comfortable to me as Clemson by any means but crime can and does happen any and everywhere. I love Columbia and there are many Tiger fans who reside and work there everyday! But their stadium and the surrounding area is nowhere near as picturesque as our own Death Valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Davis I don't think the OP meant to cause

Jan 16, 2018, 12:34 PM

That part of cootlumbia close to their stadium and the surrounding areas of that part of cootlumbia is one of the worst, also the Belt line Two Notch area is a dangerous area at night when all the Hookers, drug dealers and Goblins are out. In other words, at Dusk, get the h&ll out of those areas. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life.. ]

Exactly, I live out side of Gaston in a quiet little area of what I call country living. I'm never bothered by no one, and I haven't had any reasons to say anything bad about the people I see out in my area. But at my age, I'm not big on associating with anyone that lives close bc, that is what causes bad neighbors, when you get to know to much about each other, is when you find a lot that you don't like about people. I'll nod or speak when ever I see them, and they do the same. That is a good neighbor, and it's the way it should be with each other. I would help them out in an emergency, and I'm sure they would do the same, and it's bc we will never have a reason to be pissed with each other. So I really can't complain about my life living out side of the cootlumbia area!!! I don't have a clue if my neighbors on either side of me have a college preference, I really don't. But there isn't any doubt that the entire neighbor hood knows that I am a Clemson fan, there is no way they can miss that part about me, and still, no problems!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Columbia sucks.

Jan 16, 2018, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: You gotta feel for the clucker mentality/ take on life.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Did you get the description of the city from Trump

Jan 16, 2018, 7:11 AM

It's true, but sometimes you don't say it out loud. Maybe everyone should say "bless their hearts" first.

Re: Did you get the description of the city from Trump

Jan 16, 2018, 9:55 AM

Ah, good ole political correctness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you called?

Jan 16, 2018, 12:50 PM

There's something in these hills.

Have beak will cluck!***

Jan 16, 2018, 7:41 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 9:06 AM

Could not have written this any better myself. Go Tigers!!!

don't feel sorry for them, just laugh at them***

Jan 16, 2018, 9:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't feel sorry for them, just laugh at them***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:22 PM

Yep, just laugh at them, and follow that up by flashing a pair of Thumbs at them, warning them how bad it's going to get before they see ole Boom coach packing up and moving on to his strike 3 failed Head Coaching job before he goes back to coaching defenses for the rest of his coaching career!!!

Jan 16, 2018, 10:03 AM

Nice rant.

Jan 16, 2018, 11:01 AM

Taking everything you say in consideration I can not feel an inkling of sorrow for the coots bc everything mentioned they have brought on their selves, it has been their choice!!!

They just can't comprehend how students aren't fleeing

Jan 16, 2018, 11:34 AM

from school at the first chance like they do in Columbia.You mean the kids actually have the brain power to make informed decisions unlike those at other schools. that maybe their degree and college like is important and its not just a formality that you have to attend a college to get to the NFL. That at Clemson playing for championship actually aids in your decision to come back.

Man... i'm glad i didn't grow up gamecock.

Jan 16, 2018, 9:44 PM

I couldn't resist giving you a TU with my favorite Number!!!! :) ummmmm

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic