Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Xavier Kelly Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Xavier Kelly Thoughts

Jan 12, 2019, 9:58 PM

Went back and looked at his recruit profile and high school film.. I’ve kind of forgot about him. I think he is one of the many studs on D that we will see dominate next year!

He was a high 4 Star on every site, #84 on 247
Changed from DE to DT and hopefully will be around 295-300lbs next season.. His HS film (Includes some basketball film) was very impressive and he definitely looks to have the measurables.

S T A T S
Kelly got several schools attention when he measured in at 6'5" and 230 pounds and ran a SPARQ verified 4.55 at the Nike Dallas Regional "The Opening." Some other verified measurables included a 4.47 shuttle, 30.9 inch vertical jump and a 36' power ball throw.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/recruit/Xavier-Kelly-2343#ixzz5cS2sLYPZ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Kelly Thoughts

Jan 12, 2019, 10:11 PM

lots of guy haven't blossomed until late in their careers ie. dodd, beasley, gdoodson and odaniel and others

Jan 12, 2019, 10:17 PM

Think we will be adding X Kelly to that “late developers” list!

Late Bloomer!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:29 PM

The late bloomers and guys who stick around and end up "NFL players" are my favorite! I like to see the development of these guys.
5 star so called can't miss prospects fall short way more than people think! Do some meet or exceed expectations, sure! But, many more fail!
I love the way guys are developed at Clemson; from the inside out. Day one they talk to them about taking care of their body and mind!

X. Kelly and Logan Rudolph will be added to this list I strongly believe! Both have just had to play behind some really talented players! They will take advantage of it next season!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Late Bloomer!

Jan 12, 2019, 11:37 PM

He’s a bit undersized but like Q Williams could rely on speed and quickness at 285-290 and be effective. Just think he will need more time to learn the position and be undersized. Good news NP, DJ, JW, and maybe a freshman will be dominant. Just a step below legendary like what we had but more than enough for a natty.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:41 PM

I'm hoping he seizes the opportunity that he will have with all the DT's that are leaving. It would be great to have him challenge for the starting position or play meaningful snaps in the fall. I'm pulling for him.

Super stars come and go at Clemson.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:47 PM

Every year we listen to ESPiN talking about all we lost and how Bama reloads. Over the last half decade we've replaced every defensive player we thought were one of a kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Super stars come and go at Clemson.

Jan 12, 2019, 11:17 PM

Clemson has not "reloaded" in several years, it's just next man up. Go Tigers!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic