Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worst Offensive Coaching Effort and Gameplanning since
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Worst Offensive Coaching Effort and Gameplanning since

Sep 30, 2019, 3:42 PM

I can remember this past weekend against UNC. Did you get the rhythm? Run, pass, pass. Run, pass, pass. Run, pass, pass. UNC did and it almost cost us the win. Have seen this coming for the past several weeks. You start with the running game and you establish it at all cost. We have the best offensive line and running backs. You go with it and establish it every game. So that they cannot focus on your run, pass, pass pattern and keeping them honest in not just defending the pass on second and third downs, but the run also. Very simple! Then the pass becomes even more effective in the end!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll wait for you to explain what UNC was doing coverage

Sep 30, 2019, 3:45 PM

wise and in the box so I can better understand your take on this. Might be helpful to throw in the various looks they gave us up front, and how that affected the back end. It would make your rant a little more bearable...

I'll wait.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll wait for you to explain what UNC was doing coverage

Sep 30, 2019, 4:06 PM

that does not mean you have to pass to left and right four times in 1st half on 2nd and 3rd down, so call screen. has not worked in last 2 years, no more than 2 or 3 yards. run the dang ball two times in a row on slants and not up middle all the game.

Oct 1, 2019, 12:35 PM

Did you catch Amari's 87 yd touchdown in Syracuse ? That's a fine example of what can happen when the swings and screens work out .
We gain a ton of yardage on that play in every game .
Give UNCheat credit in their loss .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

If we were letting UNC dictate what we did on offense,

Sep 30, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I'll wait for you to explain what UNC was doing coverage ]

I think we found our problem

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to I'll wait for you to explain what UNC was doing coverage ]

Does not matter. UNC was so depleted manpower wise going into the game especially among their front seven all we had to do was pound it on them and wear them down. Let our depth rule man!!!!

Re: Worst Offensive Coaching Effort and Gameplanning since

Sep 30, 2019, 3:57 PM

What concerns me is it seems like we just keep the Chad Morris playbook intact and don't seem interested in putting in a few wrinkles and surprises to keep other DC's honest. We need a bit of a refresh because it feels like we are becoming too predictable and making it easier to gameplan against us. And what happened to our "hurry up" offense. Our fast tempo seems more like medium tempo and we've gotten out of the rhythm we used to count on.

If Dabo and Mack are so close I really hope Dabo picks up the phone and calls Mack to find out what he was seeing and how he planned for it. We're like a poker player with a bad tell that needs to be addressed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2016, 2:23 PM

I saw very little of the game and. as interested as I am in comments as to the specifics, I am disappointed we have dropped the hurry up element of our offense. I really enjoyed watching defenses wear down due to the number of plays we ran.

if course, we have to make yards every play in order for that to work.

Sep 30, 2019, 3:59 PM

The coaching philosophy at Clemson is to TRY and take advantage of to what the defense is vulnerable to. UNC was aligned to stop the run and playing man to man coverage. We felt our receivers could beat them one on one. We were not perfect(some throws off target) but we made enough to win the game. In other words, they dared us o throw. That was risky on their part but they obviously felt that gave them the best chance. They played good overall defense(as we did) and we made one more play when it mattered. The best team won-barely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 4:07 PM

In the first drive already down by seven on North Carolina’s approximately 30 yard line , 3rd and 2 , when we have two chances to run for a first down, what do we do , throw a pass to the corner and lose two yards . Doesn’t show much confidence in our offensive line and our running backs.

exactly...3rd and 2 and we threw behind the sticks to a TE***

Sep 30, 2019, 4:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 4:01 PM

Is that you coach Dabo? If not, maybe ST FU and let the experts run the offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 30, 2019, 4:05 PM

Maybe we need to find some new "experts"...

yea, the current ones will never takes us to a natty

Sep 30, 2019, 4:07 PM

fans like you are what will have good coaches leave at some point.

Re: yea, the current ones will never takes us to a natty

Sep 30, 2019, 4:11 PM

And Homers like you will continue to defend mediocrity and make excuses for it. Do you really think Dabo and his coaches are sitting on their thumbs not having the same discussions about the challenges and how we overcome them?

One subpar game does not equal mediocrity.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:51 PM

It reflects the Normal flow of a college football season - it is a season. And a season is not just one game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

LOL, "mediocrity".

Sep 30, 2019, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: yea, the current ones will never takes us to a natty ]

If 4 conference championships in a row, 4 playoff appearances in a row, and 2 out of the last 3 national championships is "mediocrity", give me "mediocrity" all day long.

No, the definition of "mediocrity" is UofSuC football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: LOL, "mediocrity".

Sep 30, 2019, 5:22 PM

If we want to live on our laurels then we can talk about our past successes all we want. If we want to win another title THIS YEAR it appears we have some things we need to address because the way we are playing now most likely won't hold up against some of the better teams. Or, I guess all you want to hear is "everything's great, we don't need to change anything, 15-0 is in the bag, Go Tigers!

Happy?

Sep 30, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: yea, the current ones will never takes us to a natty ]

Homers like me have decided that 20-0 is #### good enough at this point, yes.

Sep 30, 2019, 5:47 PM

And Homers like me want to see that streak reach 30 games in January and holding another National Championship trophy which is why I'm looking forward to the staff making some adjustments to help us get there.

Sep 30, 2019, 7:54 PM

maybe just email your thoughts to Dabo and crew. Sounds like you're a football expert and I am sure your perspective will be valuable to Dabo as he only gets advice from Gene Stallings and the like.

:S

Sep 30, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to yea, the current ones will never takes us to a natty ]

That is a definate TU post. I hope the coach knows that “some” on t net aren’t Tiger fans and DO NOT support the university in ANY way.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:23 PM

You know what years ago, I use to let this stuff bother me too. A game like that Saturday would
have nawled at me for 6 months. But I FINALLY learn to trust Dabo and the staff and enjoy the
journey. Makes the games alot more funner.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:58 PM

Well said!

Sep 30, 2019, 4:54 PM

You do not establish the run at all costs. You take what the defense gives you.
I don't think the game was called bad. I think our O kine got manhandled and our receivers were pretty lazy on their routes.

Sep 30, 2019, 6:05 PM

Their front seven was depleted coming into the game - We go 3-4 deep at each position - no brainer there, you run the ball baby til they wear out!

Sep 30, 2019, 7:03 PM

Maybe we are baiting F$U to use the UNC game plan (they have more talent) and then we use the real playbook.

Sep 30, 2019, 7:38 PM

I realize we like to vent on these boards but that does not address the perceived problem. As far as I know, no one on this board has the power to address our concerns. The only ones who can address our problems are the coaches and it's easy to contact them. In no way am I trying to be a smart a$$ but I've written my concerns to the coaching staff over the years and have always received a response. Our coaches are human and, just like us, they may not always be perfect. I would suggest if you do voice your concerns to the coaching staff avoid showing anger and state your comments in an "asking" tone rather than a "telling them" tone. A "I know more about coaching than you do" tone will get you nowhere.

Somewhere in my mounting pile of "stuff" is a letter addressed to Danny Ford a short time before we played Pa. State in Orlando. In my letter I asked if he thought more passes in our offensive scheme would surprise our opponents. Some of you may remember our surprise passing success in that game. I doubt my question resulted in that change. After the game, I wrote to him again and praised his game plan. His response did not say my initial letter was a factor but he did say he appreciated getting letters from the fans.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2019, 11:11 PM

Why did you all reply to this post?

Oct 1, 2019, 3:32 AM

Same reason you did-

Oct 1, 2019, 12:41 PM

Got eem !

DB23

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic