Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wish we had another Murray Jarman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,298

Wish we had another Murray Jarman

Feb 21, 2013, 4:29 AM

Anyone remember this great Clemson athlete. Had a good field goal shooting percentage while at Clemson. We could use someone with a good percentage these days.

I was too young to really remember all that well but I was watching a replay of the Clemson UNC game from 1983 the other night. Jarman played a dad gum good game against Perkins and Dougherty and some 19 year old named Jordan.

Didn't realize Jarman was drafted in the NBA and the NFL. Broncos selected him without him having played any college ball.

And is it true his pick up games were legendary in Fike which is what got him noticed to walk on to the basketball team? Did any of you all play against him?

Heck and to top it off his father won an Oscar for the movie the Yearling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I finished in '84, Murray was a great athlete who could jump

Feb 21, 2013, 6:18 AM

to the rafters in Littlejohn! He always wore his socks up to his knees.

He could jump up and touch his head on the rim.....

Feb 21, 2013, 7:08 AM

....true story.

Another true story: our starting point guard in those days (David Shaefer) was taller than our starting center (Jarman)..... Shaefer 6'7" and Jarman 6'6".

Re: Wish we had another Murray Jarman

Feb 21, 2013, 7:13 AM

Murray was a fraternity brother. He would work out relentlessly, as he was deciding between fb or BB. I believe he ultimately walked on and got scholly. He games at Fike were physical, but he was a joy to watch on the same court.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2013, 8:00 AM

McDaniels reminds me of Jarmin--both can jump out of the gym.

Feb 21, 2013, 9:08 AM

Little know fact about Murray - His father was a child movie star, best known for his role as Jody in The Yearling, with Gregory Peck and Jane Wyman.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finding guys like Jarman is what CU hoops is all about ...

Feb 21, 2013, 8:41 AM

... practically every great Clemson basketball player in history was someone who was well below the radar of other ACC schools.

In Jarman's case, he was like the stealth bomber ... he didn't show up on the radar at all.

A great basketball player? Like so many Clemson guys over the years, not really ... but, what an outstanding athlete!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean, you wish we had another

Feb 21, 2013, 8:48 AM

white guy on the team ;) Sorry, couldn't resist after reading baseball fan's comment the other night haha.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 21, 2013, 8:53 AM

87 grad. Never forget the night he blocked a shot and stuck his arm straight out and used the backboard to regain his balance. now that was some real hops.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic