Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the Senior Bowl help Renfrow?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Will the Senior Bowl help Renfrow?

Dec 6, 2018, 10:04 AM

First let me say that I think Hunter Renfrow is an NFL WR. We have seen what Humphries has done and I think Renfrow is a better and more polished version of what Humphries was leaving Clemson.

However, one of the things that makes Hunter great are his "telepathy" plays. He makes so many plays where he and the QB are on the same page and the QB just knows where he will be. This factor typically gets eliminated in a Senior Bowl type of game.

Yes he will show great hands and great quickness. He will most likely show better than expected speed. Losing those plays where he shows how well he can be on page with a QB he has worked endlessly with will be a huge part of his game missing.

I hope I am wrong or that NFL scouts and coaches don't look too much into this aspect of the Senior Bowl.

I wish him the best and hope he lands with the right team at the next level.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't worry too much if i were you....***

Dec 6, 2018, 10:07 AM

Re: I wouldn't worry too much if i were you....***

Dec 6, 2018, 10:09 AM

I'm not worried one bit. I simply posed a question in hopes of speeding up a slow morning.

Re: Will the Senior Bowl help Renfrow?

Dec 6, 2018, 10:19 AM

Remember what Dabo said about Renfrow and O'Daniel last year—O'Daniel was the only guy on the entire team that could cover Renfrow one on one. I think that bodes pretty well for Renfrow to still be able to excel even without a familiar QB. I read an article a few months ago talking about Hunter's uncanny ability to accelerate out of his breaks at an elite level. Even his old baseball coach commented on how Renfrow could run the bases without taking the huge turns around first and third that most players require.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 10:24 AM

Dude catches EVERYTHING that hits his hands...He also doesn't take unnecessary hits after the catch...He may not go the first 4-5 rounds but whoever drafts him I guarantee he will stick..He is probably one of the most reliable receivers we have ever seen...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 6, 2018, 10:52 AM

I don't doubt his NFL possibilities, but will the senior bowl help him?

Dec 6, 2018, 10:26 AM

Renfrow will be fine! He is an elite route runner that senior bowl corner backs won't be able to handle. Sure the timing won't be great with some random QB but he catches everything and runs great routes. I would be shocked if every team down there doesn't say, wow this guy is much better in person than on film even.

Also on top of that, if you read that article about Trevor running faster than we thought, it also said Renfrow and Rodgers were the top speed guys for the entire night at the ACCCG. You know what kind of talent we have and for Renfrow to be anywhere near the top bodes really well for him.

The highest compliment I can give someone is I would absolutely love for my Chicago Bears to pick up Renfrow to be our slot guy. Trubisky could really use him. I just hope he is still around in the 3rd or 4th round for my Bears to get him. Don't think anyone will use a higher pick than that on him since he won't be a "number 1" receiver but whoever gets him just had a great draft.

Dec 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

They have seen plenty of tape.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 2:26 PM

You would hope that is true but we see every year the NFL scouts and GMs become infatuated with how guys look in shorts.

I wouldn't count on the majority of NFL teams using common sense when selecting players.

I think we all know that Renfrow is best in pads during games.

Hunter accepted, so evidently he thinks it will help.***

Dec 6, 2018, 2:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 4:53 PM

It will take the NFL scouts or any member of a NFL staff 10 minutes or less to realize what kind of person Renfrow is. They have already seen tapes and watched him in person and know he can run routes and catch anything near him. I seriously doubt anyone there will beat his character. NFL personnel getting to know him face-to-face is only going to be positive for his NFL future.

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic