Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m starting to like Trevor Lawrence’s Heisman chances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I’m starting to like Trevor Lawrence’s Heisman chances

Dec 24, 2020, 8:01 PM

Out of the four finalists two are from Bama and three are from the SEC. That Bama vote and SEC vote is going to get divided! This gives Trevor a real chance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m starting to like Trevor Lawrence’s Heisman chances

Dec 24, 2020, 8:23 PM

That is what the goal of ESecPn and The laughable Heisman Committee is, give it to the person ESecPn has been prostituting since Game 1. Usually an SEC player. Lawrence should get it but he won't. Just as Dabo said Saturday night, it would be a shame if the Heisman does not attach its name to Trevor Lawrence. Too much politics in sports now. I wrote a letter to the Heisman Committee when DW lost the Heisman. I advised them to resign because they are qualified for their position. I also said that John Heisman wants his trophy back because of the way the winner is selected now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 9:09 PM

Lawrence should win then based on what you just said. He was the favorite from ESPN before the season and for the first handful of games or so.

Dec 24, 2020, 10:00 PM

yes, excellent reply!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 8:24 PM

Hopefully Trevor is enjoying his Christmas and excited about playing his best college game ever vs. Ohio State. The Heisman is a long shot -- that said, both Kornheiser and Wilbon said they would vote for TL16 -- unsure if they have a vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 8:58 PM

I was watching a number of preview shows from the last few days. EVERY pundit seemed to go out of their way to say that TL was the best player in all of college football. It really jumped out at me. I don't know how many of them are voters but . . .

Dec 24, 2020, 8:30 PM

I just don’t see how it’s even a choice. The whole college football world has been saying this kids the best football player in the country for three straight years, locked in first pick in draft, has only lost one game his entire career which includes three straight conference championships 3 straight semifinal games and probably 3 national championship games. But your telling me he might not get the award for the best player in the game?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 8:43 PM

Updated odds have TLaw at 3rd. Just don’t get it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/heisman-trophy-finalists-updated-odds-top-candidates-to-win-2020-award/cnrb3vmiyl5h1fmxu4ouhuxg1

I think most of us know Mac Jones will win

Dec 24, 2020, 8:49 PM

Devonta Smith has an outside chance, I suppose.

Usually the votes aren't for the best player. It's who has the best season statistically (wins and losses also count, which rules out Kyle Trask).

Re: I think most of us know Mac Jones will win

Dec 24, 2020, 8:51 PM

I get it. It just blows my mind. Saban would trade either of those dudes for TL any day of the week for the last 3 years. Heck, Smith wasn’t even the best receiver for Bama until Waddle got hurt.

Dec 24, 2020, 8:56 PM

With three Bama players finishing in the top 5, doesn’t that likely water down the votes for Smith and Jones? Wouldn’t it likely be between Lawrence and Trask?

Will Mac even get drafted? Incredible O line and frisbee

Dec 24, 2020, 8:58 PM [ in reply to I think most of us know Mac Jones will win ]

catching receivers. He has had a great season by the numbers but there are quite a few QBs who could do what he is doing there IMO.

Re: Will Mac even get drafted? Incredible O line and frisbee

Dec 24, 2020, 9:15 PM

I’ve seen mock drafts with him going in the top 10.

Re: Will Mac even get drafted? Incredible O line and frisbee

Dec 24, 2020, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Will Mac even get drafted? Incredible O line and frisbee ]

See Greg McElroy , Jalen Hurts , Tua Tagavaloa etc etc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 24, 2020, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I think most of us know Mac Jones will win ]

Without Smith is anyone even talking about Jones?

Smith should be a solid second to Trevor.

Dec 24, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to I think most of us know Mac Jones will win ]

I don't get it. You've got a generational player at QB - the position that has won more Heismans than any other

And THIS is the year you're gonna give it to a WR. ###???

Dec 24, 2020, 9:36 PM

Sad thing is all 3 of the other finalist played to the end of every game this year... In trask case because he had too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2020, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I think most of us know Mac Jones will win ]

Crabtree and Fitz both had better years but were not on the best team so I guess that does matter. Neither won the Heisman tho. I think Jones wins. They are ranked 1 and his stats are crazy. If Florida would have won it would be Trasks for sure. TL does fall under the description of the Heisman the most imo tho. His stats just are not close to Jones or Trask.

Dec 25, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to I think most of us know Mac Jones will win ]

Funny how wins & losses didn't count against Lamar Jackson. Didn't he lose 4 that year?

Dec 24, 2020, 9:28 PM

CFP semifinal games will factor into the decision. I feel like Trevor wins it.

Dec 24, 2020, 9:31 PM

Aren’t the votes already in?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 9:34 PM

Yes

Dec 24, 2020, 10:07 PM

The reality is they need to change the voting. Until very recently we had the regular season and a bowl game. So it made sense that it was a regular season award. But now that we have conference championship games and the playoff it’s ridiculous that the Heisman is not voted on until after the playoffs. They should not even send out the ballots until the day after the playoffs to prevent people from voting early which happens a lot! let’s be honest, a bunch of people decided Lamar Jackson was going to win after one game. If it was voted on after the playoffs Deshaun Watson would’ve won in 15 and 16!

Dec 24, 2020, 10:52 PM

TL-16 does not stand a chance. It's gonna be Mac Jones.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2020, 8:50 AM

Yea Vegas ain't stupid lol.

I was gonna thinking the same thing, however

Dec 25, 2020, 3:41 AM

Jones’ video game stats on the #1 ranked team are just too gaudy for some voters to ignore. TL should win it for in and off field contribution to the sport, but will not. I think he grew up as a Peyton Manning fan. Might get the same treatment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2020, 10:04 AM

I would love to see Trevor win the Heisman because, like DW4, he deserves it because he is the best player in college football. I have a feeling though that the voters will push that "Alabama trifecta" narrative like the media has been doing.

If they deny Lawrence like they did Watson, it's going to be downright criminal. DJU will be the first Tiger to bring it to Tigertown if they snub Lawrence.

Dec 25, 2020, 10:14 AM

Watched quite a few Bama games and it was basically Jones having all day to throw in the general zip code of a receiver running wide open ..... very few contested catches. It is neither Jones nor Smith’s fault that the SEC pathetic defenses couldn’t cover Smith or rush Jones, but that does not make them the best player in the country ....... especially Jones.

Dec 25, 2020, 10:22 AM

Lmao yes we have played much better Ds. You people kill me. It's okay to dislike Bama or to think TL should win. It is not okay to dismiss what Jones and Smith have done. They dont play the Citidal every week. They have played some bad Ds but dont act like Cuse, Miami, VT, etc. have great Ds because they certainly do not. Some of yall are so disrespectful and biased it is disgusting.

Dec 25, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m starting to like Trevor Lawrence’s Heisman chances ]

We can always wish BUT

Just like the Primarys the Academy Awards, the Grammys, Emmys, Miss America, etc,etc
The Best candidate is rarely selected-there are to many other extraneous factors that intrude.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic