Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Cotton Bowl be home game for ND?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Will Cotton Bowl be home game for ND?

Dec 12, 2018, 11:04 AM

This isn't meant to be a knock on Clemson fans at all. I get it, traveling to these playoff games aren't cheap, and I'm single. Couldn't imagine the cost for a family.

But this is by far the least amount of people i personally know traveling. Is it just my group or do ya'll feel the same way?

I was expecting tickets to get pretty reasonable from the lack of people i know going, but they have held pretty steady, makes me think ND fans are buying them up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Cotton Bowl be home game for ND?

Dec 12, 2018, 11:11 AM

Nope - I'm going, I personally know several other people going and Tnet is full of people going. It's in Jerryworld, which is flashy and new for Clemson fans - we'll be out in force.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 11:19 AM

Good to hear! I traveled with a group of probably 16-20 to both games in 2015, and each year the number has dwindled to now just a couple of us. And the few that are going, aren't coming from upstate SC. They all got priced out with flights/tickets and decided to wait for CA.

Dec 12, 2018, 11:16 AM

It depends on who the IPTAY donors that bought 16 tickets sell their extra tickets to.

Where’s this coming from?

We have 14 season tickets and only ordered two for the Cotton Bowl. Was someone boasting of ordering way more bowl tickets than they have season tickets just to resell them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

IIRC, the highest point levels were limited to 8 tickets initially.

Dec 12, 2018, 11:21 AM

Maybe that was the ACC champ game?

Re: Where’s this coming from?

Dec 12, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Where’s this coming from? ]

Obviously you didn’t, however there are a few that did. Doesn’t add up to a lot, but gives the dumpers something to talk about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where’s this coming from?

Dec 12, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Where’s this coming from? ]

16 was an exaggeration, but take a look at the ticket board and look at the number of seats on there that were bought through IPTAY. It is clear that lots of people bought tickets they did not need with the intent to flip them for a profit.

Dec 12, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Will Cotton Bowl be home game for ND? ]

Most will sell to their Irish friends or anyone else to make a few bucks. You know how IPTAY is! It’s all about the money. I’m sure Clemson would be better off if they relied solely on the so called fan to keep the athletic dept going.

Just a tad of sarcasm here,

Dec 12, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Cotton Bowl be home game for ND? ]

i bought 16. flipped 14 and paid for my entire trip

:)

Dec 12, 2018, 11:16 AM

ND has fans all over the country. Much of it based on their long history of being winners. People love a winner ... and ND has produced for years. I’m sure many of the Catholic faith are ND fans too. Maybe I’m overly optimistic but our teams could join the ranks of teams like the Irish sooner than later. Go Tigers

Dec 12, 2018, 11:22 AM

That was my concern. I know ND has one of biggest fan bases in country. This is their first time in playoffs... i remember 2015, everyone I know was in Miami and Phoenix, just doesn't seem that way with this one to Dallas

i wonder if the 2 nuns from California would have come

Dec 12, 2018, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Cotton Bowl be home game for ND? ]

Had they not gotten busted for conduct unbecoming of the nunhood and all

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i wonder if the 2 nuns from California would have come

Dec 12, 2018, 1:33 PM

I was at the Fiesta Bowl and, yes, the place was easily 3/4 Ohio State fans. I don't think we'll be AS outnumbered in Dallas, but I do expect Tiger fans to be the minority. Could be 2/3 vs. 1/3. We shall see. Obviously this wouldn't be the case if we didn't go to the playoff every year...but we do...First world problems.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago was about 3/4 O31O state fans.

Didn’t make any difference in the outcome.

Dec 12, 2018, 11:26 AM

It will be a home game for ND. My friends and I were excited to go until we saw the flights/ticket prices. This will likely be the biggest bowl game ND will go to for a long while; it's their super bowl. Casual ND fans will come crawling out of the woodworks much like Miami fans did in Charlotte in last year's ACCCG.

We were way outnumbered by Ohio State in 31-0 Fiesta

Dec 12, 2018, 12:39 PM

Ohio State had a TON more fans at the 31-0 Fiesta Bowl, but you couldn't tell based on crowd noise. They only cheered for big plays and their band. Clemson fans were consistently loud when on defense. The difference was shocking.

And this was in the first quarter. Imagine the noise difference in the 4th quarter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 1:15 PM

Our sustained success over the past few years has began to wear on people. "Once in a lifetime" expense and experience has turned into an annual thing which makes it harder and harder to justify the costs.

From my experiences when we made the first playoff, all of Clemson went down to Orange Bowl since it was new. We won and not many people can afford to go to both semi final and national championship. We got our ticket in Phoenix for less than face value.

The following year, I feel like a lot of people made up their minds on going to Tampa due to location which drove ticket prices through the roof. I for one was walking around the day of in Tampa with $1,000 cash looking for a ticket and I wasn't even close to getting a standing room ticket.

This year I bet a lot of people are saving up for San Fran instead of Dallas due to traveling costs. I assume tickets in San Fran stay around face value and don't see the drastic drop we saw in Phoenix or the inflation we saw in Tampa.

Dec 12, 2018, 1:24 PM

Tickets for Phoenix were so cheap because the flights were ridiculous. Both fan bases could drive to Tampa and that drove up the game tickets. It's really just that simple.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't the higher-ranked team usually the home team?***

Dec 12, 2018, 1:16 PM

LOL!***

Dec 12, 2018, 1:48 PM

Something is wrong imho IF Domers are home team since TiGS #2 vs

Dec 12, 2018, 2:50 PM

NDame being #3.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irish fans better buy these tickets up

Dec 12, 2018, 2:51 PM

It's going to be their only chance to see their team in this year's postseason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic