Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why it might be an option to start cole...Hear me out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,164

Why it might be an option to start cole...Hear me out...

Nov 28, 2014, 11:26 AM

If Watson is ready, it might be worth it to start cole for first two possessions for the following reasons:
1. Team defenses are most intense in first two possessions especially in rivalry game. Let Cole weather that storm. Let DW see what is going on. After those first two possessions, teams return to who they are. And there would be a lift for Clemson when he comes in and likely the opposite for Scar.

2. If DW comes in and does take a shot to the knee and can not return, Cole is already tuned into the game and had significant snaps. The last thing we need is for DW to start, go down, and just like GT, all the air comes out of the team. If Cole has played, is dialed in and maybe even had a little success, the confidence of the team may be in better condition were DW to go down.

Am I overthinking this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why it might be an option to start cole...Hear me out...

Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 AM

I gave you a point to get rid of those 3 6s

I think so. Based on what I have been told, as well as David

Nov 28, 2014, 11:34 AM

Hood's post below, I'm almost positive Watson starts. Either way, I think whichever QB gives us the best chance to win will play - no "games" or strategies. That means that if Watson is anywhere near 100%, he will start and play every snap until he is unable to play any more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 28, 2014, 11:51 AM

I agree. I have long moved passed Cole as being a good option for us, but, I like the idea of bringing DW in after 2 or 3 series assuming he is playing normal Cole ball. This will electrify the crowd and the players. My fear is DW goes out there first, and if something bad happens, the energy will be lost as we know our only option then is Cole. I want our best option out there, I get that, but not totally sold on DW's knee being all that great. We can hope that DW doesn't have to scramble and risk his knee, but remember, his knee didn't even get hit on the play where he hurt it. He was just being DW and DW is going to need to play like DW which means he is going to run...that is part of his game and what makes him a threat. Unless our OL rises to the occasion and keeps the Gamecock D out of the backfield, I don't see DW not running. So, IF we can hold off on DW initially, I think we can use the excitement of him entering the game a little later to give everyone a shot of adrenaline. GO TIGERS.

Because everyone loves a good comeback story?***

Nov 28, 2014, 11:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Nov 28, 2014, 11:56 AM

No need for Cole's cleats to hit the field if DW is ready to go. None whatsoever. I hope the coaches agree with me. It would be a shame to get cute and end up losing because we weren't playing our best player the whole game again.

Not at all

Nov 28, 2014, 11:59 AM

I think it's a good plan. Let's call it in to the staff :)

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,164
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic