Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other cool CFB Traditions you've experienced?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Other cool CFB Traditions you've experienced?

Jul 13, 2017, 10:37 AM

I would love to see the ND band march into the stadium on a cool grey Autumn day in South Bend (here's hoping our game up there in 2020 will be later in the year). Also would love to be in the stadium to see the Ohio State band dot the "i".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

My favorite new CFB Tradition

Jul 13, 2017, 10:48 AM

Start a new tradition this Fall at Clemson’s newest boutique lodging option, where Southern charm meets modern luxury. Whether you’re here for business or to cheer for the Tigers, expect a warm welcome. Make your reservation today.

The Inn at Patrick Square, where Southern hospitality meets modern luxury... Clemson-style.

Visit us today at www.innatpatricksquare.com

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My favorite new CFB Tradition- wow

Jul 13, 2017, 11:14 AM

way to curry favor

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other cool CFB Traditions you've experienced?

Jul 13, 2017, 11:19 AM

I'm hoping to experience all that Texas A&M has to offer in 2018. The midnight yell, the 12th man, etc.

Jul 13, 2017, 11:38 AM

I lived in Texas for a while and had a lot of buddies who went to A&M so I experienced a lot of the A&M traditions. They are great and a lot of fun. Clemson and A&M are very similar (except, of course, A&M has about 60,000 students!). Definitely go and try to see it all.

The University of Texas is fun also when their humongous band enters the stadium and circles the entire playing field. If Bevo is co-operating they bring him out (assume they still have him) and Big Bertha (the drum) is rolled out. Very loud and brings the stadium to a roar.

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 11:20 AM

I really hope to see a lot of the cooler college football traditions when they are not playing Clemson, however.

I think I would be a lot more subjective watching an Alabama game against Mississippi State than if Clemson were in town.

I didn't get the full effect of the Auburn game and their whole pregame deal, just because I was like "this is crap compared to Clemson, we're gonna whip their tail."

Jul 13, 2017, 11:28 AM

we went to Bryant Denny Stadium when CU played them in the 70"s. Then all "Big" games were at Legion Field. BD was a dump. It is hard to imagine it is the same place now though greatly refurbished

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 11:42 AM

The eagle flying around Auburn was a ok experience

Jul 13, 2017, 11:43 AM

yes it was

Jul 13, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Other cool CFB Traditions you've experienced? ]

I was honestly a little underwhelmed. It was cool, but there isn't enough build up. By the time you realize they realized the bird he's 80% around the stadium and flying back to the handler. Also their "rah rah" cheerleader that leads the stadium in the high school pep rally chant before kickoff was pretty lame.

Grew up in Bama

Jul 13, 2017, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Other cool CFB Traditions you've experienced? ]

Went to BD and Jordan Hare (Auburn) many times.

War Eagle flying around the stadium is really cool, provided they do it right. Sometimes its as you say, you dont get enough warning its happening and you dont realize he's flying around the field. Other times, they do it right and let the suspense build. Other times, the eagle gets distracted and lands on a fan's head or flies into a window. Either way, Auburn's pregame is always entertaining. Auburn's stadium stays pretty full and noisy, and can get decently loud. About average for fan participation.

Alabama has no traditions. Literally none. Band comes out and plays the fight song, team runs out, kickoff. Nothing special. Bryant Denny, even though it holds over 100,000 fans, is rarely ever full. During big games it *might* stay above 70% capacity, but that would only be against LSU and Auburn if those teams are highly ranked coming in. Besides that, it is the most boring stadium experience I've seen next to Wake Forest. The stadium also remains pretty quiet most of the game, even with a full crowd. If a big play happens, you get a few seconds of loud, but you'll never hear the constant, stadium shaking roar accompanied by hyped up, riotous crowds you see at Clemson. They have extremely poor fan participation.

12th man. Easily one of the best traditions in sports.

Jul 13, 2017, 12:39 PM

I've also seen Toomer's Corner rolled, Osceola and Renegade pregame, Enter Sandman at VT, Tennessee running through the T and the Vol Navy. Oklahoma had a great campus and was a cool place to watch a game. Oregon was also a lot of fun to watch a game. It got pretty loud, but it was mid-September and their students weren't in session yet, but they still showed up and got loud. I went there back when Mariota was the QB.

I think I've been to 22 or 23 stadiums around the country. I'm biased toward Clemson, but I'd put Texas A&M up there at the top if we exclude Clemson.

Also, singing Country Roads at West Virginia

Jul 13, 2017, 12:53 PM

I was at the 2014 game against Baylor and I believe the Bears were ranked #4 in the country and undefeated. WVU beat them 41-27 and the entire stadium (60,000 fans) stayed and sang Country Roads. It was actually really, really cool.

I saw a couple gamecoots getting it on behind a truck at a

Jul 13, 2017, 12:40 PM

tailgate once. That's was pretty cool...except for the smell.

Why isn't anyone mentioning the best tradition in CFB??....

Jul 13, 2017, 12:50 PM

"Spraying fire extinguishers" entrance like so many high schools across the country....

and the extremely original playing of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" by Strauss while the football team inhales carbon dioxide from those fire extinguishers as they run through through the cloud and out onto the field to be thoroughly trounced by their opponents......its visually moving beyond description.....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why isn't anyone mentioning the best tradition in CFB??....

Jul 13, 2017, 12:54 PM

And dont forget the great skirted chicken that magically appears in a box as they run through the fire extinguishers. Its just not a gameday without that.

Jul 13, 2017, 1:30 PM

I started a couple of years ago going to one new stadium each year to see other traditions. The first place I went to was Wisconsin, in November and it was actually a rare night game so it was clearly below freezing.

The Jump Around, which was the motivation for the trip, was awesome and worth the trip. I went to Florida last year, on the day they happened to play the Gamecocks. I was not nearly as impressed with Florida as Wisconsin.

Went to a game at UMD a few years back

Jul 13, 2017, 1:36 PM

They walk out of a tunnel and rub a stone turtle. Very original. The dozen or so fans there were enthralled.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic