Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't Coach Ven or Dabo got out say it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,061

Why can't Coach Ven or Dabo got out say it?

Sep 23, 2012, 7:06 AM

1/2 of our defense doesn't know who to make a proper tackle. How they went thru JV and Varsity etc getting away it and getting a full scholarship to play DI, I don't know. I would like to see 5 new starters next week. Give someone else a shot. I will tell you the ones that can make tackles properly are Breland, Meeks, Williams, and Goodman. I am not so sure about the rest of them, but definitely not Brewer and Hall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think BV did say it.....

Sep 23, 2012, 7:11 AM

He said that things didn't work (schemes, personel, techniques, coaching, etc.). He also said that personel will be re-evaluated this week....which is a good thing for the BC game. Don't jump ship....we lost to a team that very well may be playing in the BCS championship game!!!

Looks to Me like some of our D players weren't making

Sep 23, 2012, 7:13 AM

much of an effort. Just watching FS players run by them

Exactly....this is why BV said:

Sep 23, 2012, 7:17 AM

there will be some personel re-evaluations this week....if they can't get it or do the job expected.....I'm pretty sure the coaching staff will make the necessary changes.

That sounds good. That kind of play shouldn't be tolerated***

Sep 23, 2012, 7:32 AM

The defense got tired in the 2nd half...already being thin

Sep 23, 2012, 7:17 AM

at many positions: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120827/PC20/120829322/clemson-s-brent-venables-has-deja-vu-when-examing-defensive-depth&source=RSS

And then, having the offense in and out in three short downs, and having to go right back in did not help.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: The defense got tired in the 2nd half...already being thin

Sep 23, 2012, 7:53 AM

I am pretty sure Christian and Anthony played every snap. I seriously doubt there is much of a difference b/t them and their backup. I saw Anthony just jogging down the field one time late in the 3rd Q worn slap out. The player needs to take himself out or the coaches in the press box need to pick up on this.

I bet if the coaches logged how many times Christian and Anthony were chopped blocked to the ground it would blow your mind. close to 50%.

Re: Why can't Coach Ven or Dabo got out say it?

Sep 23, 2012, 7:19 AM

Meeks cant play pass coverage though

Sep 23, 2012, 7:47 AM

It is like our D doesn't understand zone coverage. They are too busy watching the QB instead of picking up a man that goes into their zone. Its like they go cover him after the ball is thrown which of course is way too late.

Sep 23, 2012, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Why can't Coach Ven or Dabo got out say it? ]

Meeks also missed the angle on tackling the RB to at least turn him inside on an option sweep and the RB scored. He was blocked (more like allowed himself to be blocked) and angled inside instead of outside. This is JV stuff. LBs still frequently missing on the runs to the outside.

Sep 23, 2012, 8:10 AM

Would love to see 44, 7, and 20 start at LB. If they stink it up, then put 12, 46, etc back in there. It can't hurt.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,061
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic