Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Recruiting ?

Nov 28, 2016, 9:53 PM

Why does Muschamp so hell bent on making close relationships with coaches in state? First SouthCarolina is not a traditionally great recruiting state. Second if you are nice to a coach is he going to cause a recruit to go to your school and also if a player is good enough won't everyone know about the kid?

A buddy of mine was telling me this was Muschamps big master plan to win recruiting in the state. Too me it only seems useful to get under the radar 2 and 3 star guys.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's what works with the fanbase

Nov 28, 2016, 9:57 PM

NC State Dave claims locking down NC until Clemson wants the 4 & 5 stars.USuC can't recruit out of state stars ,so they pimp the In State thing.

Re: It's what works with the fanbase

Nov 28, 2016, 9:58 PM

Yeah and 2 and 3 stars aren't going to win championships

they got liquored up on Clowney and Lattimore.

Nov 28, 2016, 9:59 PM [ in reply to It's what works with the fanbase ]

They were exceptional (and life-long coots), not the rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Recruiting ?

Nov 28, 2016, 9:58 PM

It's def a flawed plan but building relationships with coaches helps him get players that are not as highly ranked but may be diamonds in the rough per say. I'm sure with big time recruits it helps some. I mean coaches can be very close to the players and try to lead them a certain way. Uscjr really needs the state to produce really solid talent like it did during the lattimore and clowny years. 2018 is a huge year for the state. But I agree it def is a flawed plan bc SC is inconsistent with talent

In his defense, he does need to repair the damage

Nov 28, 2016, 10:03 PM

The Ole Ball Sack has done.

It is key for these coaches to befriend the HS coaches as they do have some influence over the kids.

I have heard, and it may be heresay, that Spurrier was very aloof with many of the coaches in this state. While we don't have a big population we do produce quality talent and if you recruit your own state, then you can't recruit anywhere.

With all that said Dabo and staff have done a good job of cherry picking top talent in SC, NC and Ga. You got to win your state and surrounding states in recruiting to build what we have right now.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:04 PM

Honestly the star ranking doesnt mean as much because a 5 star may not fit into the system the way needed or he may just not pan out anywhere also the difference between a 3 and 4 star is who is recruiting them so basically if a person was being recruited by us they could be a 4 star and if another recruits the same person sayyy hmm the coots her be a 3 star

Nov 28, 2016, 10:21 PM

Well, you WANT good relationships with S.C. coaches. Regardless of the fact that S.C. is not a big state with gobs of great football players, this is our base. Clemson needs to stay competitive here. The fact that we can recruit nationally now is gravy. FYI: If you go back you will find that Spurrier built his teams around top S.C. talent.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2016, 10:53 PM

Our recruiting machine is strong. I am confident Dabo will compete in state.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:55 PM

Every high school coach in SC saw what happened Sat. night. They can see where each program currently is.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:55 PM

It is ALWAYS a great idea to cater-to, be-friend, rub elbows, whatever you want to call it with ANY high school coaches, but most CERTAINLY those in your own state. These coaches take their players to these camps, they hang the little inspirational mail out signs up in the locker room (plastered with that teams logos and names), they establish networks to alert the coaches of hidden gems and a heads up on an 8th grade phenom.

In all honestly, Muschamp IS indeed working SC high school coaches like a politician, because Spurrier was NEVER available, visiting or hanging with the HS coaches in our state. Do you not think that is a blatant reason for their severe drop-off in talent these last few years?

And before you go wise-cracking him (about this effort), let me inform you that one of the main reasons Coach Swinney is nearly universally adored by the HS football coaches in our state, is because he'said been treating us like an extension of the Clemson coaching staff and family for YEARS! Even as an assistant, he would work a room of coaches like he was running for Governor - usually calling people by their first AND last name. He never ceases to amaze me. I truly don't think folks have a grasp of just how great Coach Swinney is for our program. It ain't just X's and O's, or rah-rah speeches, or hiring great coordinators. It's those things and SO much more.

Muschamp is a lot of things, but stupid doesn't seem to be one. He'said researched what Swinney and Clemson has done to get on great terms with SC HS coaches, he'said heard about the damage Spurrier caused, and he's working like a madman to fix it. Problem is, Coach Swinney has been here a while, and has the best product BY-FAR in this state.

He won't be at USC long enough for it to pay off.

Nov 28, 2016, 10:58 PM

Forgive my tech-challenged brain. I have no clue why my phone posts "he'said" each time I type "he's".

Sorry.

Where is he going?***

Nov 28, 2016, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting ? ]

Re: Where is he going?***

Nov 28, 2016, 11:16 PM

Fired.

Folks at USC are so delusional now, that the 6-8 wins a year he will earn them won't be enough. They will go after another "big name" hire.

History had a tendency to repeat itself.

in just looking at Coach Boom via the TV

Nov 28, 2016, 11:49 PM

I see a man who looks between wild-eyed & partially maniac-like due to his concentration which isn't to be disrespectful.

Saying, he does focus in a peculiar way on the sideline and is fiery in the locker room at times.. So i imagine he will give Carolina his best shot.

But, I too feel he won't fit in at SC for the long term..for some strange reason.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic