Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When does ACC issue a statement on the officiating Sat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

When does ACC issue a statement on the officiating Sat?

Mar 5, 2018, 11:20 AM

Something needs to be said.

That 4th foul on Thomas and the late foul on Sims were criminal and cost us the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When does ACC issue a statement on the officiating Sat?

Mar 5, 2018, 11:22 AM

11:30am today. Stand by your computer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 11:57 AM

Did we lodge a formal complaint? Will there really be a statement, where and when? NC State lodged one for their game with Tech last week. And we all know what happened to the crew after that Miami-Duke football game in Durham.

Mar 5, 2018, 1:40 PM

Well, I was reporting false news like TCI often does and was just hoping I was correct so I could sound like I knew something. Which obviously I don’t so darn. Maybe next time.

I have said it before and I will say it again...

Mar 5, 2018, 11:24 AM

ACC officiating is abysmal.

The ACC is arguably the premier league in college basketball and if that is to continue, something absolutely must be done about the officiating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It's making the game dang near unwatchable...***

Mar 5, 2018, 11:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing that is most annoying, at least to me...

Mar 5, 2018, 11:34 AM

is how they routinely change the way the call a game from one half to the next.

Only 98 officials are invited to the NCAA tournament every year. After every round, half are eliminated based on performance. That number continues to be narrowed until just 9 officials are invited to work the Final Four.

Hopefully, very few if any will be from the ACC because as far as I'm concerned, they all suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad thing is, they are far worse than a lot of people

Mar 5, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to I have said it before and I will say it again... ]

even realize. They have gradually gotten worse and worse, so that people who weren't alive 20 or 30 or 40 years ago have no idea how Gawd-awful it is now. It has been death by a thousand drips. The rules regarding palming (carrying), traveling, hanging on the rim, and over the back, just to name a few, have been gradually enforced less and less, to the point they are completely ignored now. I'd be willing to bet that there is a whole generation of fans that don't know a carry when they see it, because they see it every time a player puts the ball on the floor, but it is never called. Then, the total randomness and arbitrary nature of many calls is baffling and inexcusable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Sad thing is, they are far worse than a lot of people

Mar 5, 2018, 11:41 PM

True, True and very true!

When they get an HVAC repairman in He!!***

Mar 5, 2018, 11:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: When they get an HVAC repairman in He!!***

Mar 5, 2018, 6:29 PM

Thank you for a sensible answer.

Mar 5, 2018, 11:57 AM

little of Vegas, thats what needs to be investigated. that puke that called that foul when Syracuse guy was over the top of Clemson player for rebound and called foul on Clemson should be thrown out of ACC.

There were two times Thomas got hooked from behind and

Mar 5, 2018, 12:39 PM

literally pulled to the ground. Both times he got called for fouls. Then there was the inexplicable out of bounds call that the ref reversed after that 4-eyed Cuse player whined about it.

Maybe I need a tin foil hat, but it kinda felt like "Clemson has its double bye locked up and they're in the NCAA Tourney for sure, let's see if we can't sneak Cuse in as well..."

Message was edited by: GWPTiger® who apparently doesn't understand the difference between its and it's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: There were two times Thomas got hooked from behind and

Mar 5, 2018, 1:18 PM

That's exactly how it works. The ACC wasn't satisfied with all the money we brought in winning football games. Now we're losing basketball games to fatten the coffers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently the league will be getting a $15 million refund..

Mar 5, 2018, 1:34 PM

from Louisville

Mar 5, 2018, 6:30 PM

I have not seen one thing in the liberal media about this, typical.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic