Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well i went carp fishing today at a creek and had no
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Well i went carp fishing today at a creek and had no

May 4, 2020, 2:57 PM

Idea what was in there. I sat for 20 min and got a run. Caught a 30+ pound carp on a 10 dollar rod. Some guy actually stopped cause i looked like i had a big one and he had a little net. We got him in finally and broke the guys net. Tons of fun. Good think i actually put new line on before i went lol.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what were you using for bait, corn or dough?***

May 4, 2020, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what were you using for bait, corn or dough?***

May 4, 2020, 3:15 PM

CORNDOG?

May 4, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to what were you using for bait, corn or dough?*** ]

Well i carp fish alot at the paylakes with packbait. And ive used dough. But today i put on an orange boilie i made and put it on a hair rig. It doesnt break down hardly with current and in a moving water i thought it might be ideal. I didnt take any of my carp rods but juat a cheat rod to see it id get a run at all before i toted everything down there. And sure enough i did. Was super fun. Ill go back for sure with better rods.

May 4, 2020, 4:59 PM

Some people eat those things. I tried one time and it tasted like the way mud smells.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 5:48 PM

you've got to slab scale them (meaning you have to cut off the scales and about an 1/8" of meat just under the skin - the dark meat where much of the bad taste resides), salt them in a brine that will float a potato for a few hours, and then smoke them in a smoker. I'm not sure i'd invite company over to eat them, but they're passable if you're hungry. But whatever you do, don't prepare a small bass or bunch of bluegills and eat them at the same sitting as the carp. They make the carp taste, well, pretty carpy. Hope that helps.

Best method ever for cooking carp!

May 4, 2020, 6:29 PM

Handed down from a late relative.

Take a freshly caught & gutted carp, carefully pack damp, fresh mud in a one inch layer over the entire carp. Then wrap the mudded carp in several large banana leaves (keeps the moisture in). Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes per pound. Remove and let cool. Carefully remove the leaves and mud. Now this is the important part, throw out the carp and eat the leaves & mud! ??

May 5, 2020, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: what were you using for bait, corn or dough?*** ]

I lived in Hungary for a little while on a work assignment. Carp is literally on the menu in many restaurants. And I’m not talking a dive; these are 5 star popular restaurants. I ate the soup a couple of times because when in Rome,..... It was surprisingly good. Farm raised is far better than wild with no mud taste. It’s often found in meals where we Americans use talapia or trout. They also served rooster ######## soup, but that’s a different story.

May 5, 2020, 6:48 AM

T e s t I c l e. There you go!

May 5, 2020, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: what were you using for bait, corn or dough?*** ]

I lived in Hungary for a little while on a work assignment. Carp is literally on the menu in many restaurants. And I’m not talking a dive; these are 5 star popular restaurants. I ate the soup a couple of times because when in Rome,..... It was surprisingly good. Farm raised is far better than wild with no mud taste. It’s often found in meals where we Americans use talapia or trout. They also served rooster ######## soup, but that’s a different story.

May 5, 2020, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: what were you using for bait, corn or dough?*** ]

Re: Well i went carp fishing today at a creek and had no

May 4, 2020, 5:50 PM

carp is like pulling in dead weight. Try hooking a 30 pound muskee on a 10$ pole. You heart will jump out of your chest when they strike.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 8:29 PM

tarpon,bonefish?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 5, 2020, 4:47 AM

have not caught either yet, but the tarpon haunt the mangroves in the canals here. right now it is snook season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 7:37 PM

LOL - brings back memories. When I was a small kid, there was a pond behind where my dad worked and it had a lot of carp in there. I was so small that those dang carp would almost pull me into the pond. I learned early that carp are worthless for eating, even though they were lots of fun to catch. I just had to learn to hold onto something whenever I caught one.

Here's a good recipe for carp (what they call "the royal

May 4, 2020, 8:58 PM

fish" in Arabia.

Soak overnight in salt water.

Soak for an hour in lemon juice and soy sauce.

Sprinkle cajun blackened seasoning.

Place on very thin plank of cedar and cook on medium for fifteen minutes.

Throw away the carp and eat the board.

I’ve seen carp and mullet for sale

May 5, 2020, 7:50 AM

in an upstate seafood shop. Wife is from the sparkle; I stopped in one when we were visiting her family and could not believe my eyes.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic