Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where Are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,404

Where Are

Oct 1, 2017, 12:46 PM

all those on this site who talked about our "rebuilding, predicted we'd lose 3-4 gamers, etc.etc. Just goes to show that the vast majority on this site love their humor and inside jokes but are clueless about college football! Tigers win ACC, the ACC Championship,, go to playoffs and just may won it all again. I called it back in February and bet accordingly

Let Dabo do his job and keep telling all, your inside jokes! This should be a football board and nothing else!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where Are

Oct 1, 2017, 12:47 PM

They went back to FGF

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point the talking heads may actually give us some

Oct 1, 2017, 1:01 PM

coaching credit. Sure we're loaded with talent. Sure we have excellent athletes. BUT, what keeps Alabama where it is, and what is keeping us where we are (after losing blah...blah...to the NFL) is coaching. Plain and simple. And the proof of that is seen in the Va Tech interviews.

Our defense showed them something they totally did not expect, and it worked. Our coaching is at a point now where we adjust to what we have, and to what we face, and take whatever we are given. Same on offense. They take away the run, we play the edges. They take away the edges, we pound the middle. They take that away, we kill them on long passes. Stuff our RB's? Fine, we'll run our QB.

You see this with Alabama a lot. Who is Alabama's starting QB? Most people don't know. Who are their "star" players? Hard to name them. They just win. Their system elevates everyone. So does ours. We know Ga Tech when they had Calvin Johnson. Everyone knew Jameis Winston was FSU. We knew Auburn when they had Cam Newton. Everyone assumed Clemson was a NC team because of Watson and Mike Williams. Everyone knew us at one time for CJ Spiller and Sammy Watkins. We know Louisville and Lamar Jackson. But we're kicking butt without that program-defining superstar. We are a complete team and that's why Herbie said you have Alabama and Clemson, then a drop off to the second tier.

And recruits see this, and so do their HS coaches and their parents. And the system begins to feed itself with a stockpile of talent. Clemson has sold itself for decades with recruits. Dabo knew this. What he's done, though, is added another aspect to the sales pitch. He's selling a team now, and a system. Keep this staff intact, and we will continue winning and there will always be a next man up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At some point the talking heads may actually give us some

Oct 1, 2017, 1:11 PM

nice to see that someone else gets it! good post.

What kills me is the ESPN talking heads never get it.

Oct 1, 2017, 1:20 PM

Stars sell I guess. Complete teams with selfless players are not as fun to talk about I guess. Who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What kills me is the ESPN talking heads never get it.

Oct 2, 2017, 8:10 AM

ESPN is trash. Their watchespn app is such a tease. A great concept done quite poorly. The commentators are annoying at best. I know they were pioneers of sports entertainment, but they have gotten lazy. Maybe that's why subscriptions and viewership are down. I often find myself watching games on mute when they are aired on ESPN or an ESPN affiliate.

This should be a board where Clemson fans and even rival

Oct 1, 2017, 1:04 PM

fans can post their thoughts and opinions on Clemson football.

True

Oct 2, 2017, 8:22 AM

We need to be positive and cheer on our team but not lose our humility in the process. Dabo even said it yesterday.... Don't take winning for granted.

As far as the board, if you aren't circle jerking, you are a coot.

Snowflake Basher........Out

It this an "I told you so" post?

Oct 2, 2017, 8:44 AM

Those are awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,404
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic