Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What have you done lately?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,392

What have you done lately?

Mar 8, 2020, 2:56 PM

Admittedly I took the GT game as a guarenteed win and I was wrong.

We talk about our program as If our allegidely mediocre coach did not just end a humiliating 0-59 streak in UNC.

Preseason expectation less then 10 wins, reality were one win from a 16-16 at worst season and in all likelihood an NIT bid with our resume (15-16 our season is over).

We have a solid recruiting class in all recruiting scout standards, the chapel hill streak is over, we are playing and beating the big boys... Why are we not allowed as a fanbase to be excited about next year?

I 100% understand the pessimism, it seems like we've seen this story before... But Brownells teams have shown grit never seen before now... I was the same as everyone else on Brownell until we sunk that three to go to OT in chapel hill. We have played bad UNC teams there and lost there... It had become one of their Marquee games of the year... Brownell ended that humiliation...

We have a top 40 class, almost everyone is returning and we're gaining transfers that missed the season due to the rule. Contrary to your beliefs, Clemson is not a top job in basketball as it is in baseball and football.

Brownell has earned next year, you can't change expectations halfway through the season, that's not how it worked.

99/100 of people would've taken 1-29 to end that chapel hill streak, let's just enjoy watching this young team next week and hope something special happens.

The administration obviously knew Brownells team wouldn't be that great, heck he mentioned it in the postgame conference after game 1. They were better then expected, but the expectation will be higher next year.

If we miss the NCAA with next year's team, you can silently open the HC search as I believe we did when you hear rumors we contacted Will Wade. You only fire a coach if you feel you can do better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What have you done lately?

Mar 8, 2020, 3:05 PM

“as If our allegidely mediocre coach did not just end a humiliating 0-59 streak in UNC.”

It took UNC having their worst team ever. I’ll take it, and glad the streak is over since it was brought up so often to humiliate Clemson, but obviously even mediocre coaches can beat UNC this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 8, 2020, 3:11 PM

Funny part is that we only won the game due Roy's bad coaching. All he had to do was foul and the streak continued. I am just glad it is over though.

Mar 8, 2020, 3:11 PM

Please do not become a lawyer or you will lose every case. Using the UNC game as being an accomplishment is just lame on a good day. Have you checked the standings? UNC is at the BOTTOM of the ACC as every team with a pulse is beating them, even at their house. It is NOT an accomplishment.

Maybe you can predict how well we do in the NIT (if we make it). I doubt we get past the 2nd game. What do you think?

Mar 8, 2020, 3:14 PM

He hasnr
t earned anything!!! What planet do you reside on? Maybe planet la-la land?

It's actually "what have you done for me in 10 years?"

Mar 8, 2020, 3:17 PM

You shouldn't be saying that we out played preseason expectations. You should be asking why in year 10 our expectations was less than 10 wins? You should be asking why a team talented enough to beat 3 top 10 teams couldn't even finish .500 in a very down ACC. You should be asking what has changed in the 10 years CBB has been here? You should be asking yourself can we do better?

We have gone downhill under 10 years of Brownell.

Mar 8, 2020, 5:49 PM

It is inarguable; it's right there in black and white. Two NCAA Tournament appearances in 10 years. Average finish in conference: 8th. Highest finish in conference: 3rd. That is a strong downturn, no way to spin it any other way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Enough of this BS! Why in God's name would we ever

Mar 8, 2020, 5:30 PM

expect 10 or less wins from any basketball coach, unless he is in his first year and has ben left with absolutely nothing (V-Tech coach was in that situation this year, and they won 16, including TWO wins over us, one over #3 Mich St., and one over UNC). Recruiting failures have us in that shape. First, if we are only expecting 10 wins from any coach who has been here more than 2 years, we have the wrong coach. It is screaming "something's wrong here!". What's the matter with people? Have you just given up? Rolled over into the fetal position, hoping you don't die? Great googly moogly! Look, if your coach has regularly been getting you to the tournament and has you regularly finishing near the top of the conference, then sure, he gets an off year heree and there; but that's not anywhere near the case with us. As for this year being some kind of monumental achievement, bull crap. One of the highlights was beating UNC at Chapel Hill. I get it; given our pathetically horrific history there, it was a big deal. By any objective standard, however, it was no big whoop; so did quite a few other unranked teams. There is nothing good about this basketball season, nothing to brag about. Instead, it was just another frustrating year in which we don't make the NCAA tournament, and will be crossing our fingers in hopes of being picked for the NIT. By starting with inexcusably low expectations, some folks are able to twist this year into some kind of success, it seems. The truth is they are delusional. Here's an idea, let's all adopt the attitude that we can't expect much from out basketball program, then that way every year will be a rousing success, or least have some bright spots to keep some kind of hope alive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

we aren’t making the NIT at 16-16...

Mar 8, 2020, 5:43 PM

Have to win at least two and that is not happening. FSU wants revenge...

https://thebarkingcrow.com/nit-bracketology/

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic