Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I understand the case for either OSU or Bama, but why not honor the conference champ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,061

I understand the case for either OSU or Bama, but why not honor the conference champ?

Dec 3, 2017, 3:51 PM

No Big10 rep and no Pac12 rep is gonna sour a lot of apples across the fruited plain.

The way I see it, Bama had one less opportunity to get thumped by a legitimate opponent than everybody else. I say that's garbage no matter what eye test anybody cares to use.

Onward and forward, Tigers. We play Clemson football and we get another ring outta this deal. Hope we embarrass Bama just like we did non-champ OSU last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

CFP = Bama + plus some other teams, because Bama.

Dec 3, 2017, 3:53 PM

The bias is real. And overpowering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: CFB = Bama + plus some other teams, because Bama.

Dec 3, 2017, 3:57 PM

The conspiracies are coming true right before our eyes.

Oh well - the best medicine for the situation is to punish the Pachyderms. I'm sure Dabo will be delighted to answer that call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

What bias, each team had 1 loss to highly ranked team

Dec 3, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to CFP = Bama + plus some other teams, because Bama. ]

Bama loses on rd, OSU at home. OSU then also has not just a loss, but a blowout loss to an unranked team at seemingly full strength. Bama at least has an argument they lost with playing with some significant injuries on def. Like I said in another post, if OSU has 1 loss they were in, if OSU has the 2 losses with both being close they were in, heck even with everything being equal if OSU wins in the 14 it range over wisc I think they would have been in. I think all of these things that OSU didn't do combined to cause the committee to look past bama lack of resume

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama played nobodies and skipped a tough conf. champ game. Nice. They

Dec 3, 2017, 4:09 PM

have a much easier path to the playoff playing in the weak SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Maybe, but OSU also had multiple opportunities

Dec 3, 2017, 4:13 PM

To solidify their position and failed. Bama also didn't get destroyed by one of those nobodies

I really think that was the straw that broke

Dec 3, 2017, 4:16 PM

The camels back. If OSU barely loses similar to us and str, I think they would have been in due to your argument, but getting detroyed/whipped was just too much to look past

Re: I really think that was the straw that broke

Dec 3, 2017, 4:29 PM

They should take the so called "eye test" crap and put it where the sun doesn't shine. ESECPN started that phrase and it is just completely stupid, like them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What bias, each team had 1 loss to highly ranked team

Dec 3, 2017, 4:33 PM [ in reply to What bias, each team had 1 loss to highly ranked team ]

The committee obviously likes a lack of losses more than quality win. Did OSU have an h fly loss? Of course they did. But they also had 3 wins better than any of Bama’s plus they are champions. OSU got shafted in this deal for sure. OSU dealt with bamas situation in 2015 and got left out. They had a fairly weak schedule that year, and lost one game by a field goal and got left out. There’s definitely Alabama bias in the committee.

Dec 3, 2017, 4:36 PM

Why let a team that got beat by 31 points to Iowa in the playoffs. Would Alabama give up 55 points to Iowa?

Dec 3, 2017, 5:06 PM

That’s hypothetical. Would OSU have lost to Auburn? We don’t know and never will because it didn’t happen. We’re trying to base this off what did happen. Both teams had an argument to get in. Ohio State had a much stronger one IMO.

The committee values lack of loss over quality of wins.....this year anyway

Dec 3, 2017, 5:39 PM

They value everything. "Entire body of work" as they often say. They do give more weight to good wins. That's the only reason Ohio St is 5th instead of about 10th. They had 2 losses (1 at home and 1 to an unranked team) by more points than Bama has lost by in over 11 years. They have some Bama bias, but that's not why Bama is ahead of Ohio St.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,061
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic