Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, wouldn't you just know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Well, wouldn't you just know

May 6, 2018, 7:36 PM

Just like M Lee to shut up all the nay-sayers. Monty don't know.......oops belay my last

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Well, wouldn't you just know

May 6, 2018, 9:14 PM

Easy there. Much like those who jump off cliffs when we lose, this season will be defined by whether we get out of a regional. I don't think this team is set up to make much of a run in the postseason mainly because of our approach at the plate. A super regional would be a really good sign as I think it looks bad consistently getting knocked out of your home regional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2018, 9:52 PM

No , what looks bad is consistently not hosting a regional .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 6, 2018, 10:11 PM

I guess it depends on your expectations of clemson baseball. I believe we're a top 16 type of program, maybe top 10. Really no excuse for going 8 years and not seeing Omaha. That's not Monte's fault, he's only been here 3. However, we really need to advance past a regional to get the guys who will be returning some experience in super play. Add to that we are losing most likely our 3 and 4 hitters, so next year will have it's own challenges as far as offense goes.

And for some reason, I feel like we will be seeing a team from Columbia at our place come regional time. Not going to be pretty around here if that goes wrong.

May 6, 2018, 10:33 PM

Your feathers are showing...

May 7, 2018, 12:12 AM

Sorry fanboy, but if that's all u got then your dismissed.

Or you can elaborate on what part of my statement is wrong and act like u didn't just turn 11

May 7, 2018, 2:27 AM

I think you shop with empty pockets when you enter personal expectations into the formula .
We've been a pretty good baseball program over the last 40 years or so... just believe and let the process happen .
Honestly , I think we are a top 20 type team ...and that doesn't mean we should be expected to do anything more than be competitive for ACC titles and host regionals ...which we are doing consistently .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 7, 2018, 11:03 AM

Competing for conference championships in baseball and hosting regionals has never been and never will be the expectation of clemson baseball. We should expect supers 3/5 years. If that’s what it’s come to for some people then jack really did do a number on some people towards the end. I personally thought the moment monte took over we would skyrocket. We’ve improved for sure in the win column and we’re hosting again. This year or next year I hope to see 1 more step

May 7, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, wouldn't you just know ]

I agree. Don’t u think it’s a little worse losing at home than on the road though?
Hosting means we had a better regular season than not hosting and that’s good. Losing in home regionals is hard because there’s usually a lot of “what ifs.” Okst was just better, vandy just had a little better pitching, but we could’ve won that one.
It would be nice to get out of a regional while we have Seth beer.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic