Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My very serious concern about the game tomorrow.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,924

My very serious concern about the game tomorrow.

Nov 24, 2012, 12:00 AM

I think we have gotten so used to thinking that we are going to automatically score 40 points or more that we think we are going to do that tomorrow. Folks, the defense we play tomorrow will be the best we play all year except maybe FSU. I think it will be better than FSU. We had trouble scoring vs Virginia Tech but ended up with 38. Here is my concern.

I am afraid it is a given that our defense will give up a good amount of points. I think it is a given South Carolina will score somehere between 27 and 41 points, let's say a little less than half between and they score 34.

It is not a given that we are going to score 34. We may very likely find ourselves having trouble moving the ball like last year vs South Carolina or NC State. We could be looking at 20 to 24, lets say 23.

Our offense is good, but their defense is darn good too.
Their offense is good, but our defense is not good.

I'm starting to see 34-23 South Carolina. Hope I'm wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what??

Nov 24, 2012, 12:05 AM

Keep in mind our boys were looking ahead to USuC last week and didnt play lights out.

We can and will win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Based on what??

Nov 24, 2012, 12:11 AM

based on he is a coot!or just a scared little girl

People will call you a hater

Nov 24, 2012, 12:13 AM

but you make some good points.

I'm hoping that playing at home, at night, will help us drastically. With our two starting CB's out, we have to get pressure to slow them down.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic that we will be able to hold them when we need to and get a close win.

Yep, I'm with you. But I tell you if we look up and our

Nov 24, 2012, 12:16 AM

offense is having trouble moving on their defense, it will be a long night. Losing another corner back is not good.

Re: Yep, I'm with you. But I tell you if we look up and our

Nov 24, 2012, 12:22 AM

No doubt. I think we have a very good team. But on paper it sure looks like they match up well with our weak points. Time will tell. Go Tigers!

First key in my mind is Boyd and how he handles the....

Nov 24, 2012, 12:15 AM

..pressure. As goes Boyd so go the Tigers. If Boyd is "dialed in", I think we win with minimal difficulty,,,

Their offense is good????

Nov 24, 2012, 12:32 AM

You just lost all credibility.

90th in the nation in ypg.

Yep - watch out boys! This dem here offense is good.

You should have a "very serious concern about the game tomorrow." I would too if I was a Gamecock fan.

Re: Their offense is good????

Nov 24, 2012, 12:36 AM

Bashaud Breeland was a liability this year. He's gotten burned a lot and he is not a good tackler. I think our boys will rise for this occasion.

Well, the scored 35 on Georgia, 38 on Tennessee and Ark. and

Nov 24, 2012, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Their offense is good???? ]

let's face it any offense is good against our defense, except Virginia Tech and Wake.

Re: Well, the scored 35 on Georgia, 38 on Tennessee and Ark. and

Nov 24, 2012, 12:47 AM

Wow, they scored over 30 for a whole 3 games?

It's easy to paint any picture you like if you pick and choose what games you pay attention to.

Point is, that for 10.5 games this year we have dominated our opponent on offense and did just enough on defense to keep our heads above water.

If we give up a 21-pt quarter to USuCk like we did against FSU - then we're in a whole lot of trouble.

But FSU's offense is much better than SCAR's - especially in the passing attack, which is our weak point on D. (Think back to that 3rd quarter against FSU - what turned the momentum? a 64 yard pass and it was a good one).

Btw, FSU is 14th in the nation in ypg with 494 and 1st in the nation defensively, allowing just 236.

They are a better team - offensively and defensively - than SCar is.

So ask yourself this, could we beat FSU at this point in the season in a home night game at Death Valley?

I say you bet your ### we can - we had them on the ropes -in their house- before our defense's inexperience started to show.

Nov 24, 2012, 12:50 AM

You're right. This gives me the most hope: we hung with a more complete team on the road and seem to have gotten better since then.

Nov 24, 2012, 3:00 AM [ in reply to Well, the scored 35 on Georgia, 38 on Tennessee and Ark. and ]

Of the games you speak of.. these games they scored a majority of their points on a short field, Special Teams, and defensive turnovers. Pick 6's and fumble returns. and the main threat against them was Marcus Lattimore. Kenny Miles is NOT Lattimore and if we slow down their run game and make Shaw into a passer they are in trouble. Their Passing game is not going to win them games.. it never has and never will. they do not have the weapons at wide out to scare anyone. If our Oline stands tall we will win comfortably. if they dont. then we will be in trouble

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

again those teams have some of the worst defense's in the...

Nov 24, 2012, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Well, the scored 35 on Georgia, 38 on Tennessee and Ark. and ]

country

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their offense is good????

Nov 24, 2012, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Their offense is good???? ]

USC's scoring offense is ranked above NC State's and Boston College's. Those schools scored 48 and 31 points against us, respectively.

Again, I think (and hope!) that we will win. But we shouldn't be shocked if USC can move the ball on us.

...and we won both those games

Nov 24, 2012, 12:50 AM

Their scoring offense is good - they make the most of their possessions by limiting turnovers and playing conservatively.

That will not win against our D. If they decide to line up behind Miles and Davis all night - they're in for a long one.

We're weak in the secondary, but we're also aggressive as a D - they'll need to try to pick apart our weaknesses to take advantage of it - and that could lead to a less efficient offense (fewer points / yards than they average).

both BC and NC St have better qb's than Scar

Nov 24, 2012, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Their offense is good???? ]

in the passing game.

We put up 37 on a better D

Nov 24, 2012, 12:45 AM

and that was on the road, we're playing an offense that isn't exactly lights out either.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: We put up 37 on a better D

Nov 24, 2012, 1:08 AM

The best news that I've heard is that Milt Romney is giving the pre-game talk to carolina. His expert pollsters say that they will win.

Re: My very serious concern about the game tomorrow.

Nov 24, 2012, 1:44 AM

I think our defense steps up and shuts them down

Spot on assessment IMHO***

Nov 24, 2012, 7:09 AM

I am worried about how many gamecks are going to kicked out

Nov 24, 2012, 7:13 AM

Of the stadium after their team is routed. That is all I worry about.

63-17

Agree to a degree, but disagree mostly.

Nov 24, 2012, 7:23 AM

If our offense is rolling, the coots cannot stop it. No one can stop it. Yes, it WILL be harder than against most competition we've played. It will take using 2 as a decoy on jet sweeps, opening up the playbook more, and consistent execution (limit or eliminate turnovers!) to put up points on the coots, but I have confidence that between Chad's game plan and Tajh's leadership, we'll be OK on offense.

Our defense is our defense. The good news is we have gotten much better defending the run. I think we can contain the coots' running game enough. But yes, we will likely give up a wide open passing TD like we do in every game. This is a just a huge weakness in our defense. Not much to be done about it right now. The key is getting to their QB enough that he can't settle down and make passes. He's no Glennon or Manuel.

We've got this if we execute and if the Valley is rockin' Miami loud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I find comical...

Nov 24, 2012, 7:51 AM

from the Coots perspective is this "if you pressure Boyd he will fold" business. I think they still have this vision of him coming in at the end of the game 2 years ago and that he is THAT guy.
Truth is Tajh was pretty much the reason we stayed in the game at FSU this year. He has been solid all year. I look for a big game from AE and Nuk tonight.

Who can predict?

Nov 24, 2012, 11:30 AM

I don't pretend to know what's going to happen but agree that the key matchup is whether Clemson's O-Line has improved enough to run their office against SC's D-line.

That said, I wonder how many people confidently predicting a Clemson win today predicted a blow out by SC last season or the season before or the season before? I seem to remember reading all the same arguments last year as to why Clemson was going to win.

We'll find out soon enough but there's just insufficient basis for comparison given the differences in the schedules to predict with much confidence who is really better but at least we get to play and settle the issue again.

SCU's defense is nowhere close to FSU's defense...

Nov 24, 2012, 11:39 AM

they have two good players on defense (Clowney and Taylor). They have benefited from playing some of the worst offenses in college football. UT was the highest rated offense they played, and UT torched them.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic