Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well a few Elephant fans get that the SEC ain’t all that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Well a few Elephant fans get that the SEC ain’t all that

Aug 17, 2019, 7:48 PM

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310511

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well a few Elephant fans get that the SEC ain’t all that

Aug 17, 2019, 8:10 PM

I do appreciate the updates of what our biggest opponents have to say about us, but while I'm reading their comments, I want to get my say in so bad, but not bad enough to go to their sites. Like the guy that said they would be waiting on us, I hope he knows that we're coming looking for them and will be disappointed if they don't make it depriving us the opportunity to spank them some more!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First time I have ever been on their board

Aug 17, 2019, 8:12 PM

Shows how bored I am with down time. Funny how Dabo is no longer their coach in waiting, bu at least a few guys are still in touch with reality.

Read about 5 pages & 25% of them get it & like Dabo while..

Aug 17, 2019, 8:29 PM

others still play up the SEC strength, ACC weak & gives Dabo a leg up, Dabo is reaching too much on the ROY weakling mush stuff, we will eventually lose staff, etc.

Some of that thought isn't totally untrue..plus I found the dialogue refreshing especially since the words Clemson & Dabo come up on every post..

from Bama fans!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 8:34 PM

Whatever they want to believe.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 3:42 AM

Margaret Thatcher had an awesome quote...”being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell someone you are, you aren’t”. Pretty much sums up anything coming out of Bama and SEC homers pie holes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny, they think Dabo is "playing" a

Aug 18, 2019, 7:37 AM

disrespect card. With the ROY bus, Dabo said it because Alabama had already been claimed best team ever. Clemson was also being dropped in polls early in year for not beating teams by 50. Nobody gave Clemson a chance.

Then it was a full off-season of why Alabama lost and not that Clemson was just the better team. At least some appreciated his accurate statement on the league.

I actually don't want to play them. I am ready for their ship to sink as is the rest of CFB. Beware, we will be unquestioned axis of evil at that point. I still will want gratitude thrown our way on killing the death star. If Saban can't get one more trophy, that would almost be as nice as watching 0-12 in columbia (isn't the real one in Missouri?).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will be more motivated this year after the beat down

Aug 18, 2019, 8:43 AM

I hope the “rat poison” keeps flowing, and Bama keeps viewing itself as the unassailable Goliath

Well, the smart ones have a degree from Alabama

Aug 18, 2019, 7:51 AM

which is equivalent to an above average junior college diploma

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

Reading this as well as some of the SC boards always makes me grin.

I liken their comments to someone getting a splinter in a finger. It doesn't bother you at first but the longer it stays under the skin the more it aggravates you. We have gotten under their skin and they are trying to deal with it by whining, complaining, etc.

Maybe Dabo's catchy comments (ROY bus, BYOG, for example) are a little corny. But he is a master of motivation and he finds a way each year to motivate his coaches and players to give their best. And the proof of his success is found not only on the field but in the win-loss and championship records.

But back to my splinter analogy. It appears we are living rent-free in their minds now and THAT may be the best thing that can happen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic