Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will be the judge of what is right and tell you what we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 685

We will be the judge of what is right and tell you what we

Apr 2, 2021, 9:05 AM

want you to hear.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/03/31/lester_holt_its_become_clearer_that_fairness_is_overrated_our_duty_is_to_be_fair_to_the_truth.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If one source tells you it's raining and another says

Apr 2, 2021, 9:10 AM

it's not, it's not your job to report both. It's your job as a journalist to stick your head out the #### window and find out which one is true."

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: We will be the judge of what is right and tell you what we

Apr 2, 2021, 9:53 AM

Jesus, joist

I did not even have to read the article to pull this from your post:

"Before you run off and tweet that headline, let me explain a bit. The idea that we should always give two sides equal weight and merit does not reflect the world we find ourselves in. That the sun sets in the west is a fact. Any contrary view does not deserve our time or attention."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol ... the left and their “facts” ...

Apr 2, 2021, 10:00 AM

Did anyone of the liberal pawns fact check this yet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2021, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: We will be the judge of what is right and tell you what we ]

That's not a great analogy. No one disputes where the sun appears to set. (Although the sun setting isn't factual at all).

Lots of things, it seems, are passed on as "fact." Just watch CNN or Fox News. Who decides when something is a "fact"? At one point, everyone on CNN and MSNBC was convinced Trump had colluded with Russia to steal the election. They continuously reported it as "fact." Doesn't turn out to be so or at least there's no credible evidence of it (despite Adam Schiff's assertion he has "proof").

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please provide a source for any CNN news reporter

Apr 2, 2021, 11:54 AM

(not some talking head on an opinion show) that reported as fact Donald Trump collided with Russia to steal the election. Because I never saw that presented as a fact in a news report.

Re: Please provide a source for any CNN news reporter

Apr 2, 2021, 12:41 PM

Is there anything on cable news that isn't a "talking head" spouting off an opinion? Which shows on CNN or MSNBC do you consider hard news?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/03/24/mueller-report-findings-collusion-news-media-donald-trump-column/3263167002/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/25/montage_mainstream_media_hype_about_russia_collusion.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2021, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We will be the judge of what is right and tell you what we ]

Dawg

Perhaps it is not a great analogy, but I think it serves to make his point - not just to journalists on the right.

Fair and balanced news (& not just the misleading slogan) has taken a bit of a shortcut lately by trying to avoid any controversy for themselves by "presenting both sides". Stations bring on a representative from either side of an issue (as if there can only be 2 sides) and then pat themselves on the back for presenting the facts. This is not so.

Climate change is a perfect example. When the news covers it they always seem to have both sides of the issue represented. But that does not do anything to illuminate the issue. When a fact has been scientifically, objectively established, the news should tell us that.

Here, let John Oliver make the point more clearly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg&ab_channel=LastWeekTonight

The brainwashing is real Tob***

Apr 2, 2021, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: We will be the judge of what is right and tell you what we ]

I like your funny words magic man

Re: The brainwashing is real Tob***

Apr 2, 2021, 12:44 PM

The Chinese Communists must be putting

Apr 2, 2021, 10:01 AM

Pressure on Lester the Molester

Is he quoting the Communist Manifesto?***

Apr 2, 2021, 11:00 AM

Oh no, journalists care about facts and reality now?

Apr 2, 2021, 11:05 AM

Fox News and Newsmax will go out of business.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I just fact checked this post ... its only

Apr 2, 2021, 11:12 AM

13.338% true

Apr 2, 2021, 1:01 PM

Eh, wasn't too bad unless he went off the range at the very end.

The interviewer was setting him up with the softball libby questions, but he didn't bite too hard.

Replies: 14
| visibility 685
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic