Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We may be behind Louisville on Tuesday...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,697

We may be behind Louisville on Tuesday...

Nov 14, 2016, 9:19 AM

and some of you need to chill out if that is the case. Let me break it down for you.

Reason 1: (what the committee will say.) - To date, Louisville has earned the spot above Clemson. Both teams have only 1 loss and losing to Clemson at their place is a "better loss" than losing to Pitt at home. Also, the common opponent everyone uses to judge is Florida State and Louisville performed better in that game.

Reason 2: (the real reason) - if Clemson is behind Louisville right now, we will jump them in the final poll after the ACC championship because we will have 1 more good win on a weekend that Louisville is not playing. This creates drama in the polls and forces people to tune in to watch the selection committee rankings.

At the end of the day we need to realize all of this, including the playoff rankings, is done to create revenue and they do that by people tuning in. If the same 4 teams are always ranked in the top 4 then there is no drama and no one watches the shows. TAMU over Washington in the first poll is your classic case example. It was done to create drama and cause people to tune back in the next week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We may be behind Louisville on Tuesday...

Nov 14, 2016, 9:22 AM

Louisville will not be ahead of us because it would be 2014 all over again like how OSU jumped TCU and put them out. We will likely stay at 2.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 9:24 AM

Reason 1 : Nope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 14, 2016, 9:33 AM

I don't see Louisville being ahead of us. Look ... here's what we need to do. Win out! Beat Wake and USuC pretty good and win the ACC Championship. The Michigan, Ohio State loser is out plus Penn State holds the tiebreaker over Ohio State. Would love to see Houston beat Louisville Thursday and that knocks the Cards out. Either way - we need to DOMINATE going forward. No more silly mistakes! Lets close the season strong!

If we are number 5 it will allow the playoff committee to

Nov 14, 2016, 9:27 AM

demonstrate the importance of the conference championship given an equal number of losses for teams that did not win a conference championship. If we win out and win the Championship, they will move us into the top 4. It would put us in over Louisville. Michigan plays Ohio State, so one of those will lose a second game. If Michigan wins, they will play for the conference championship. If Ohio STate wins, they will not, assuming Penn State wins out.

The winner of that game will likely get in over a two loss Big Ten Champion. I don't see them rewarding a 2 loss conference champion over a one loss Ohio State or Michigan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 9:29 AM

I agree with everything u said but the committee has said on several times that head to head matchups matter the most when considering the 2 teams. However I would not be suprised if Louisville was ahead of us but their SOS is weaker. Plus I don't think the committee would want a rematch of the same game. Very well thought out opinion!

If we win, we're in. Dont worry about tomorrows rankings.

Nov 14, 2016, 9:31 AM

Conference Championships matter. See Ohio State in 2014, and Michigan State in 2015.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

If they want to increase eyeballs on ESPN, rank Clemson #6

Nov 14, 2016, 9:31 AM

The outrage will have us clicking through all their bait searching for more outrage. I think we will be #4, but who knows. We don't have a say anymore.

Houston beats Louisville Thursday and they're dead***

Nov 14, 2016, 9:32 AM

History tells us that Louisville will not jump Clemson.***

Nov 14, 2016, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: History tells us that Louisville will not jump Clemson.***

Nov 14, 2016, 9:40 AM

don't get the conflict here. not sure what everyones been watching. maybe the world is full of doom and gloomers. and i thought it was just propaganda. tigers will not be out of top 4 and cards will not jump us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

They jumped us in the AP poll which is ridiculous***

Nov 14, 2016, 9:58 AM [ in reply to History tells us that Louisville will not jump Clemson.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: They jumped us in the AP poll which is ridiculous***

Nov 14, 2016, 10:02 AM

beyond ridiculous. i take solace in that we only have 3 more days of lousiville banter. after thu, no more

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Go Cougs!***

Nov 14, 2016, 10:07 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The AP is made up of folks trying to sell newspapers.***

Nov 14, 2016, 11:29 AM [ in reply to They jumped us in the AP poll which is ridiculous*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,697
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic