Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"We do what we do"!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

"We do what we do"!!

Oct 12, 2014, 10:18 AM

We pay an Offensive Coordinator 1.3 million dollars to run the football, handing it off out of the shotgun formation, in short yardage situations! And now.....we will "continue to be limited in what we can do, and be simple", for a senior QB who we started the season with because he was the better more experienced QB. Chad Morris talks in circles and even has Dabo believing it. I say let Venables do the talking on and off the field and give him a raise!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables will probably not be with us next year***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:23 AM

would you?***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:25 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: "We do what we do"!!

Oct 12, 2014, 10:25 AM

Amen, Bro. Morris is a waste of good money.

How is Lorenzo Ward working out for you?***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is Lorenzo Ward working out for you?***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:31 AM

21-4 versus the ACC and 32-8 overall since Morris took over in 2011. Please tell me how the defense won all of those games , and I will hang up and listen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: How is Lorenzo Ward working out for you?***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:32 AM

Oops. Yesterday makes it 22-4 & 33-8.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

JP read this and you will find your theory is DOA...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:27 AM

For all the people crying about running out of the shotgun in short yardage situations., learn the game of football and go rewatch the past 15 years of college football. Or how about go compare Travis Zachary (whom nobody considers an all time great, even though he did once have the TD record) converting on short yardage situations out of the shotgun in 2000 and 2001. Then watch the 2007 and 2008 seasons when we struggled in short yardage situations, with the QB under center, with two of our best running backs ever in CJ Spiller and James Davis. Now why was Travis Zachary so much more successful out of the shotgun in converting short yardage situations over Spiller and Davis who had trouble converting in short yardage situations from under center. Travis Zachary had an offensive line that blocked good.

So with our own recent history at Clemson, we know that it's not the formation that is most important in short yardage situations, it's offensive line blocking.

Let's bring the 50,000 ton elephant into the room now. Robbie Caldwell. Caldwell is working with a whole lot more talent on the oline than what we had in those years I mentioned (2000-2001, 2007-2008). Yet, they are playing so bad they make the 2007 and 2008 olines look like they had no trouble blocking. Both of our QB's have took a ton of big hits this season. The running backs, and yes we have some talented RB's in Gallman and Choice, have no holes to run through. Watch our olinemen, their footwork is terrible. Most plays they shuffle their feet once and just stand to block. Out of all the positions on our team, the oline are the only ones who have terrible footwork. We have an oline coaching problem, and it's time to make a change. A change should have been made after last season, with the way a very experienced oline underperformed. There is a reason why Caldwell, before coming to Clemson, had never coached at program with any kind of history over the course of his coaching career which spans back to the mid 70's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "We do what we do"!!

Oct 12, 2014, 10:35 AM

All the more reason not to run out of the shotgun down on the goal line! Quite frankly I get tired of going backwards. A QB sneak is a better play. Plus there was more to the post than you picked up on. There is a lot of offensive and coaching double talk that gets real old.

Do some of you folks ever watch football?

Oct 12, 2014, 10:52 AM

Just yesterday alone, I saw with my own eyes, Michigan, Arkansas, and even Alabama.. they all FAILED on short yardage from under center.

It happens and it's been that way since the game was invented. If I only had a nickel for every missed short yardage situation from under center in the last 50 years...

Bottom line is - you do what you do best. You do what gives you the best chance to win. Period. Keep in mind, you gotta block no matter what the play all is.

We are winning at a pace not seen around here and perhaps the biggest reason is the offensive production.

Will some of you guys PLEASE stop acting like you know better than the guys coaching this team every single day?

Re: "We do what we do"!! ...= PREDICTABLE***

Oct 12, 2014, 10:46 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic