Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class

Nov 8, 2020, 9:55 AM

Is the real issue

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class

Nov 8, 2020, 10:16 AM

Agree. 2019 was a huge class for us coming off a natty. 17 of the 29 guys we signed were 3 stars and below according to 247. Don’t get wrong, we develop fringe D1 players better than any Top 5 team in country, but to try to develop 17 of them is a bit ambitious.

Not really

Nov 8, 2020, 4:40 PM

Being you wanted to use 247 in your ignorant post. Only 2 player were rated in the "potential contributor" role by 247 standards and one of those was rated a 5 star kicker on the kicker rating sites

A high three-star (87-89): is considered a player with significant NFL upside who expect to be an impact college football player.

A mid three-star (84-86): is a player that we consider to be a capable starter for a Power Five football team and an impact player at the Group of Five level.

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

https://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Rating-Explanation-81574/

Nov 8, 2020, 11:26 AM

Agreed. I like the Nolan Turner story but if you think for one minute he belongs on the field the run play bust for a TD should answer that question. He’s just ok roving in centerfield to pick an errant pass.

Nov 8, 2020, 11:30 AM

And yes I know he was before 2019.

Nov 8, 2020, 4:14 PM

Add KJ to the list. Looks like a good player but that’s about all.

Nov 8, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class ]

Oh, you mean the same Nolan Turner that ended the game against OSU in the playoffs last year intercepting Fields... got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize the WR converted the route right? If he

Nov 8, 2020, 4:31 PM

continues with the playcall, he beats Nolan,again, for a TD

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You realize the WR converted the route right? If he

Nov 8, 2020, 4:41 PM

So your “what if” proves what exactly?

He’s on the field because he earned it.

Your opinion otherwise means Richard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think your post proves his point...

Nov 8, 2020, 5:46 PM

I like NT and its a cool story, but if he’s the best we have at that position then we must have missed on some recruits. We’ve got some guys on our two deep on D (and OL) that wouldn’t see the field at BAMA or OH ST...etc. those scholarships are way too valuable to waste on projects, coaches kids, and kids of old friends. Invite them on as walk ons to get them in the program...but need to reserve those ships for blue chip guys. If we aren’t getting the blue chip guys then that’s a problem.

Re: I think your post proves his point...

Nov 8, 2020, 6:38 PM

No. My post doesn’t do that at all. It questions everything about the statement made.

Not agreeing with me doesn’t make it right.

Again, your opinion doesn’t means anything.

If you and others don’t trust the coaches that have us winning conference and national title opportunities and wins every year, well that doesn’t make you right or wrong. It just makes you really dense.

I don’t think anyone is questioning

Nov 8, 2020, 7:15 PM

The coaches or the success we have had in the PAST...We obviously want that success to continue, same as you. Some of us just wonder if the coaches are making the best decisions to ensure that future success.

It’s a message board and just our opinions...you seem to take these things very personally. Nothing wrong with questioning the coaches or their decisions.

Re: I don’t think anyone is questioning

Nov 8, 2020, 8:07 PM

I don’t know how else you characterize what you posted other than you and the other posters are questioning the coaches. Who else is responsible for recruiting, development and roster management than the coaches? You can say past, but it’s a cop out. Their recipe hasn’t changed in over a decade so that dog
wont hunt.

No, I don’t take it personally at all. In fact, I’m the only one not stating an opinion in contrast to you and the other posters taking exception to Nolan Turner or the coaches decision to put him out there.

Our coaches have earned their credibility and until you’ve got some body of systemic evidence that can actually be quantified with analytics, you shouldn’t expect fans that know what they are talking about to agree with you “on a message board...”

No apologies for using facts and evidence.

I don’t expect anyone

Nov 8, 2020, 9:10 PM

to agree with me...they can or they can not...don’t care. I think these are valid concerns, but time will tell. I hope I’m wrong.

Re: I don’t expect anyone

Nov 8, 2020, 9:23 PM

Hey man, no question we all have opinions. Yours are no less or more than mine, but if you can’t back them up with facts, it’s hard to argue. That was my whole point is.

Here’s to this team and coaches proving you and anyone else questioning them wrong.

I hope they do prove me wrong

Nov 8, 2020, 10:19 PM

I make a living looking for trends or analyzing decisions that might result in a negative outcome...hell of a gig right?

Nov 8, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to You realize the WR converted the route right? If he ]

I’ve heard this before, but it still makes no sense to me. Nolan caught the ball. How can you say then that the receiver would have clearly caught it? Is the assumption that Justin Fields would have thrown it differently?

Go Tigers!

Nov 8, 2020, 9:27 PM

Because shoulda, coulda, woulda of course...

Nov 8, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class ]

I knew somebody who didn’t understand football would bring that up. The receiver broke the Route off and Turner was standing back in the Endzone out of position and he would’ve gotten toasted just as the same play that he got toasted on before that one. You are an idiot.

Nov 8, 2020, 5:04 PM

I’ll ask you the same. What does the what if prove?

Only and idiot trying to delegitimize a player would double down with nothing, knowing what Clemson puts on the field year in and out saying he doesn’t belong on the field.

I’m all ears sport. Subside your coot emotions and prove something with facts.

Your opinion doesn’t mean Richard either.

Nov 8, 2020, 5:56 PM

I think criticism of Nolan Turner is unwarranted. You only see him when he makes a mistake or gets beat. What about the 99% of the time he covers his man and you don’t see it. If a safety never got beat nobody rarely would anybody ever pass for a touchdown. I’m simplifying things but I think you can understand my point. The same was said about Tanner Muse.

Nov 8, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class ]

I think criticism of Nolan Turner is unwarranted. You only see him when he makes a mistake or gets beat. What about the 99% of the time he covers his man and you don’t see it. If a safety never got beat nobody rarely would anybody ever pass for a touchdown. I’m simplifying things but I think you can understand my point. The same was said about Tanner Muse.

Nov 8, 2020, 7:00 PM

Surely you jest. Tanner Muse never accomplished anything at Clemson and has no chance at the next level........ signed, probably every coot in this thread. Oh, and Coachmac.

Nov 8, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class ]

Nolan Turner is a gamer who knows the game and could be a helluva defensive coach one day. He will not be drafted by the NFL, and IMHO will not be asked to walk on for a tryout. Apples and oranges comparison with Muse who runs a 4.4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don’t have to be an NFL prospect to be a good college player***

Nov 9, 2020, 7:57 AM

Nov 8, 2020, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class ]

When you resort to calling someone an idiot (who also happens to be correct), you have lost the argument.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 6:52 PM

Too Much logic in one thread.
Does not compute with coots.

Nov 8, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Way too many project players in the 2019 recruiting class ]

24 is playing through a hamstring injury. Several players are playing through nagging injuries.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic