Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was Ngata and Ladson supposed to have better first years?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Was Ngata and Ladson supposed to have better first years?

Jan 4, 2020, 6:55 PM

I am a little underwhelmed by Ladson and Ngata. Don’t see a Sammy or Ross in them. I’m a little concerns about our receiving corps. Thoughts? Assurances? What am I missing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was Ngata and Ladson supposed to have better first years?

Jan 4, 2020, 6:56 PM

Yeah but Tee didn't do much his first season, so I am not sure that's that big of a deal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Jan 4, 2020, 6:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 6:58 PM

Ladson has great separation speed, he's definitely looking like he can be a deep ball threat for next season

they weren’t used as much as it sounds like you expected them to be

Jan 4, 2020, 7:00 PM

They were impressive when used. Think they’re gonna be beast mode next year.

Jan 4, 2020, 7:02 PM

They have both been fine in very limited action. With Nuk and Sammy were starters when they walked on Campus. Ladson and are good, may end up great, but our running game has also become much more effective as well, giving them less targets than those you named.

Jan 4, 2020, 7:17 PM

This is a big part of it. Nuk and Sammy didn't join a team that was loaded with receivers.

In fact, as a freshman Nuk was by far our best guy. Now when studs come in, no matter how good, they are going to have to wait their turn. The overall talent is just at a different level.

I will say this, I expect Ladson and Ngata to be better than Cain was.

Jan 4, 2020, 7:37 PM

I would not trade our receiver corps (including TE) for that of any other team in college football. Why are you looking so hard for weaknesses that are NOT there. I don't know where next year's Natty is being played, but you might want to be looking for hotel accommodations where ever that may be.

Jan 4, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Was Ngata and Ladson supposed to have better first years? ]

I think our expectations for WR play have gotten pretty high. If you can't catch a ball thrown 15 yards behind you with just one finger, you might be labelled a disappointment. I think they both will be fine.

Jan 4, 2020, 7:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJycN_N_QfU

Looks like Ladson is doing pretty good.

You worry too much...***

Jan 4, 2020, 7:43 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 7:53 PM

When Sammy got here we were in a very different place as far as O-line , depth at the WR position .

If you're not impressed by what we've seen from Ladson and Ngata so far ... I don't know that you know enough about upper level WR talent to even try and sort you out .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 4, 2020, 9:18 PM

I’m fine with their first seasons. Not a ton of circus catches or crazy highlights, but I’m penciling them in to pick up Tee’s production and some, next year.

I feel pretty confident that they will finish with more production than Cain/McCloud.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:52 PM

I honestly Cain and Mx loud are underrated.

They never reached their full potential because they had Kelly Bryant throwing to them as featured receivers.

They each had better sophomore seasons w/ Deshaun as backups than junior season with Kelly Bryant as starters.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Was Ngata and Ladson supposed to have better first years? ]

I honestly Cain and Mx loud are underrated.

They never reached their full potential because they had Kelly Bryant throwing to them as featured receivers.

They each had better sophomore seasons w/ Deshaun as backups than junior season with Kelly Bryant as starters.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 9:22 PM

Zero concern! How did Mike Williams look his first year?

We have been spoiled by a few great receivers like Watkins that were ready as freshmen, but those a very few and very far in between.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:43 PM

Yep I’d be shocked if Ngata doesn’t start to look like Big Mike by his junior season.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:55 PM

Be patient. We don’t need great players to be very good and develop into greatness anymore. They can just be great in their time.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:56 PM

Was Simmons Great as a Freshman?

Jan 4, 2020, 11:01 PM

Are you blind?

They have two 1st round WRs playing ahead of them...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 5, 2020, 12:56 AM

I don't know what you expect. Did you expect them to beat out Higgins and Ross, two future first round draft picks? I didn't. They were playing behind two very experienced, very talented receivers. They played some, and played well when they did. They're not burners, but we've moved away from small burner receivers to tall receivers with good hands. Most of their targets didn't come with the first team either, but rather with the second. Chase regressed a lot this year, but even when he's on target, they're not throwing the ball deep with him much, which is where they'll play best. They're running screens and Swinney sweeps. I'm not nervous about them at all, and think they outperformed my expectations (Ross underperformed some though, though that's mainly from how great Higgins was).

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic