Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wanted to share something really special with my family here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Wanted to share something really special with my family here

Nov 12, 2017, 12:19 PM

My wife and I are expecting our first child in July. Big news for an old timer like me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wanted to share something really special with my family here

Nov 12, 2017, 12:21 PM

Congrats! How old are you?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 12:22 PM

47! Oh well =)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 2:27 PM

Not going to be as bad as you think. My wife and I are 48 and have a 4 year old boy. The biggest thing we’ve had to adjust to is when we’re ready to wine down in the evening he’s still going strong. Oh, get us to younger parents thinking/saying how it’s nice for the grand parents to so involved. Wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. Kinda like getting a second chance at parenting. We’ve already raised 3 daughters. Congrats and good luck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 4:05 PM

thank you so much. All this feedback/advice helps so much!

Oh, and thank you!***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Wanted to share something really special with my family here ]

Nov 12, 2017, 12:22 PM

How old r u

I am 47, so kinda late but better late than never I say =)***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:23 PM

Re: I am 47, so kinda late but better late than never I say =)***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:35 PM

NaA, not late at all. Right on time. GOD BLESS AND GIVE GUIDANCE. Amen

thank you so much. We are so excited!***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:49 PM

Nov 12, 2017, 12:29 PM

Congratulations!!! My wife and I started fostering last year and are in the process of adopting her. I’m 51, first child for us. Best thing that has ever happened to me, absolutely will change your perspective and your life. It’s a true blessing from God. Congrats

Thank you Bunman. It's already changed my life!! =)***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:50 PM

Congrats! My daughter will graduate high school when I am

Nov 12, 2017, 12:42 PM

40. While I couldn't imagine keeping up with a toddler then, you may find it hard to imagine living how poor we were, welfare and all, with a newborn at 23yo. We made it, loved our baby, and for the last 12 yrs have paid the US govt / taxpayers back hamdsomely.

Point is, there's no perfect time, but be involved, engaged, and loving and you can't go wrong. Just be present. Happy for you buddy!

Oh, and the father of our godchildren is 48 with a 2 and 5 yr old.. you're in good company :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thanks Soywalker

Nov 12, 2017, 12:51 PM

I have always been so full of energy and I teach kids. I am stoked!

Nov 12, 2017, 12:45 PM

Best wishes to the three of you!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Playerfan.***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:51 PM

When is the DNA test?

Nov 12, 2017, 12:46 PM

J/K, brother. Congratulations, or as the father of seven I say condolences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7!!!!! How in the heck???!!!***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:52 PM

It's a joke man.

Nov 12, 2017, 1:30 PM

I'm celebrating with you. I had my first child at 20 and the seventh at 45. If God is good you won't have a girl. Old men can't do anything with little girls. They are so delicate and tender we turn melt like butter in their presence.

Is this your first or last? :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, ok...a little slow on the uptake.

Nov 12, 2017, 2:18 PM

I think both first and last. If we have more it will be through adoption. Too many in need.

Nice work Pacific - happy for you and the Mrs.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:48 PM

We need some more Tiger Cubs on the west coast. Job well done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you but we are in Jordan now. Far East!

Nov 12, 2017, 12:53 PM

I still think of California all the time though.

That sounds like a little too much sand ... Good Luck!***

Nov 12, 2017, 2:27 PM

Nov 12, 2017, 12:48 PM

Congrats to you and your wife on your blessing!

It is thank you!!***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:53 PM

congrats you will love being a Dad.***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you. I am excited and nervous all at the same time.***

Nov 12, 2017, 12:54 PM

Nov 12, 2017, 1:18 PM

Congratulations!!!! More tiger babies! :)

That's right. Thank you Co99tiger0f3

Nov 12, 2017, 1:39 PM

nm

Congratulations. Nothing more special than having children.

Nov 12, 2017, 2:24 PM

Especially Tiger Cubs.

Re: Congratulations. Nothing more special than having children.

Nov 12, 2017, 3:31 PM

thank you!!

Nov 12, 2017, 3:38 PM

Congrats!

Nov 12, 2017, 3:59 PM

thank you!!

Nov 12, 2017, 5:28 PM

Congratulations.

I was an old timer (37) when my first one came along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:05 PM

Dad was 50; Mom was 44 when I exited the womb; congrats***

Nov 12, 2017, 5:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you turned to be a Tiger so ok! Thanks!***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:06 PM

Nov 12, 2017, 6:11 PM

Congratulations !!!!. The beginning of one of the greatest adventures you will ever experience. It's amazing how much love a little one can bring into one's life.

This morning in church I had a wonderful experience. A young 5 year old boy came over to me and of all things our topic was ice cream. I told him my favorite was chocolate mint. His eyes lit up and a big smile came over his face when he said, "that's one of my favorites". My daughter was sitting beside me and I said to him, "her favorite is buttered pecan". Again, his eyes lit up and with that beautiful smile he said, "I like that one too'. It was time for him to go back to where his grandparents were seated but before leaving, he shook my hand and said, "have a nice day". And that boys and girls, has made this a nice day. That's why God gives us small children, they can make us feel so big !!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wonderful story, thank you!!***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:06 PM

Nov 12, 2017, 7:34 PM

Congrats !! I was 40 when our son was born and my cousin was 50 when his daughter was born. You are plenty young enough to keep up.

thank you, I hope so!***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:07 PM

Nov 13, 2017, 6:23 AM

Congrats. I will keep your family in my prayers for a healthy happy baby. Way to go old timer!

Having a baby from a fathers perspective is one of God’s great miracles. So glad I was able to be there for the birth of my kids. I must confess it brought tears to my eyes.

I am sure it will to mine too. Thanks!***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:07 PM

Nov 13, 2017, 6:55 AM

Having children was the highlight of my life. Miss them so much now as I don't get to see them very much! Son works all the time and daughter lives at a distance and works all the time. Be sure to spend every available minute with them when they are little as I did- you won't regret it.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Parenthood.....

Nov 13, 2017, 7:02 AM

Where the days are long, and the years are short.....

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

kinda doing that to my parents with us living in Jordan

Nov 13, 2017, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Wanted to share something really special with my family here ]

thanks for the advice, I will!

Nov 13, 2017, 7:46 AM

Congratulations ??????

Thanks!***

Nov 13, 2017, 12:09 PM

Congratulations

Nov 13, 2017, 7:56 AM

As someone your age (just turned 48) I can't imagine it, but it has been a lot of fun. I have always said being a Daddy is the only job I have ever wanted - now it's a granddaddy. My daughter graduated Clemson in May (22 years old) and will likely be married by this point next year so I am looking forward to the grandchildren!

Enjoy it all! I have been lucky enough to work from home the last 10 years and be with mine as they grow up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, thanks for sharing...

Nov 13, 2017, 12:10 PM

maybe I will be gone before I am a grand daddy but I will take what I can get.

Jump on in... the water's fine

Nov 13, 2017, 12:09 PM

Oh, and cungrats!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Congratulations, and this is all in fun, but reminds me of

Nov 13, 2017, 2:01 PM

one of my all time favorite old jokes.

86 year old man goes to the doctor for a checkup and says, "Doc, guess what, my 20 year old wife is pregnant, what do you think of that?"

Doc says, "I am reminded of a friend of mine who was having problems with beavers blocking the stream on his property. He went down to the stream one day, and sure enough, saw this huge beaver damming up the stream again. Even though he only had his cane with him instead of his rifle, he pointed it at the beaver, and said BANG! To his amazement, the beaver fell over dead. What do you think of that?"

The old man said, "Well, logic would tell you someone else fired a round into that beaver!"

"My point exactly", said the doc. :)

Again, congratulations, my wife and I had our last one when I was nearly 42. Keep yourself in shape, you'll need it!

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic