Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Usually I'm the biggest pessimist and worry wart, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Usually I'm the biggest pessimist and worry wart, but

Apr 25, 2019, 6:38 PM

I really am not worried about this situation in court today. The testimony two days ago listed a lot of schools that the guy says he wired money too for football and Clemson was not on that list. Bama, Pitt and UNC were among the schools on that list. I believe he has even named players at UNC and Penn State. This business today is just a rogue assistant basketball coach trying to do something he shouldn't have been attempting and throwing around words to make it look like he could go big time. He uses a comment like someone in a suit, really?

This will just be fodder for message board insults and used against us in message board jabs for some time, but that's it. Bama and the other 6 schools mentioned Tuesday are in for the same thing. Georgia with their recruiting coordinator scandal and firing, the same thing.

Georgia's recruiting coordinator suddenly fired yesterday and an assistant put on suspension did the same for them. It was Georgia's turn yesterday. Thank goodness there hasn't been testimony that they wired money to us, or that our recruiting coordinator was suddenly fired.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Apr 25, 2019, 6:45 PM

No worries here

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I agree 100%

Apr 25, 2019, 6:46 PM

He is basically saying what he suspects happens! But, saying "you alumni in suits after the game" is pure speculation! He didn't say, "I saw them give money"! Or "give favors to players"! He speculated that is what happens; and if your part of a basketball program on the same campus with the national champs of football - of course you will make it out to be about something else other than coaching! Or the fact, "whoever is recruiting these kids aren't the type person the kid wants to play for"!
Nothing concrete. Nothing remotely even specific!

Nothing to see here for those not looking for a blemish!

Re: I agree 100%

Apr 25, 2019, 6:52 PM

Exactly! He is making statements off of assumptions. He has no legs to stand on. The only time a team can get in trouble if there is a player identified as being paid. If they ever pinpoint a football player and say he was paid then maybe panic. But this clown Smith was shooting his mouth in a hotel room around people he thought were big shots. It happens all the time. People love to put out secondhand information or false information to sound important.

Re: I agree 100%

Apr 25, 2019, 6:57 PM

+1
Well said! Yep, that's it.

Re: Usually I'm the biggest pessimist and worry wart, but

Apr 25, 2019, 6:58 PM

None of us on this board really know so we should probably just shut up about it actually.

Well, even though I started this thread, I agree with you.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:14 PM

At this point, the best to do is shut up about it. Why add to the message board merry-go-round by justifying the nonsense with any further comment. Bama and seven other had their day, Georgia theirs and our turn was today. This is the last I will say about it on here.

Apr 25, 2019, 7:17 PM

Agreed. I think he was referring to college football as a whole...and why do I think that? Because Norlander at the end of the day is a a rat journalist...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 25, 2019, 7:23 PM

I’m never a pessimist. I’m an optometrist.

Apr 25, 2019, 7:34 PM

I SEE what you did there!!!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 7:52 PM

It will go away because no one gives a shlt about Basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 7:58 PM

The fact that he was paranoid and faked not knowing how to get to Zoin's house tells me he was rogue and he knew it. If football cheating was well know among coaches then the basketball would also cheat. He was hiding it because it is not accepted. He just wanted to get credit for recruiting a superstar.

He failed and now is likely also getting fired. Some people need to learn how to be happy doing the right thing and what success is. Smith got a $50K raise to make $250/year COACHING A GAME. He wanted to land a superrecruit to build his name. Now he'll likely get fired and potentially never coach in college again. IDIOTIC.

Apr 25, 2019, 8:06 PM

ancientorange Great point!

If that's what Clemson does; why oh why isn't it happening in basketball?

Even the coots can't answer that?

Far less impact players needed in basketball in order to be at least a NCAA tournament team. You would only need 1 or 2. Not impact players on both sides of the ball and special teams and reserves who could start anywhere. Has nothing to do with anyone getting paid; and everything to do with kids feeling like CU gives them a good chance to compete at the highest level of the sport. Get a degree from a top notch university. Be regarded likely on a better scale b/c they are a Clemson football player to scouts. And, be coached by a staff that is truly invested in them as men as student athletes and as men. W/O being a robot! That's why they come to Clemson Smith!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic