Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA vs Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

UGA vs Clemson

Jun 19, 2019, 3:23 PM

Since this comes up often I got to thinking about what if they played and how would the match ups go and who's got the advantage where.

UGA gains the advantage at:
OL
Special teams (except when they fake a punt)

Clemson Advantage:
DBs (They don't have enough WR talent to match up)
WRs (Best WR group in the country)
RB (ETN is the best RB in the country but as a unit it's close or even a UGA lean)
QB...... (Again we have the best in the country)
Coaching (Literally HC OC DC)
DL, Clemson although unproven on DL UGA is proven and it's proven they're really really bad as they scraped the bottom of the barrel on DL last year for the SEC.

Toss up
LB, our LBs will be better coached and Isaiah is proabbly the best LB in the country but with us bringing in 2 new LBs to start and UGA having a lot of young talent walking into their roles I'll do this as a toss up.

Although I do think Clemson would win this game and in good fashion UGA has the talent to line up and would give a fantastic game but overall the Clemson offense isn't just fast it's the most talented CFB has seen in a long, long time and it will prevail for a 2 score win as they're backed by the best coached defense in the country with an insane amount of talent ready to shine.

Clemson 38-24

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA vs Clemson

Jun 19, 2019, 3:31 PM

I'll agree that their OL historically has been far superior to ours for a long time, but we have closed the gap with talent, and my guess is that our OL will no longer be one of our weak links. I am looking for our OL finally to be a very bright shining star. No matter, we still should beat ugay's behinds very handily. I hope we all get to see that match-up in the near future. They won't like it very much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2019, 3:37 PM

Oh no our OL is flat out good this year, top 5 OL. But UGA probably has the best OL in the country year in and year out and I'll give them the nod on that one.

Jun 19, 2019, 11:08 PM

I live down here among them. They get what they pay for, sometimes. Until lately, they haven't been getting what they have paid for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson would win 63-17

Jun 19, 2019, 3:32 PM

UGA is the tallest midget in what is basically the equivalent of a DIII football division. We beat the shyatt out of Bama who beats UGA on the regular. In the modern era of college football that began in 1981 we have 3 national championships and UGA has none. Our program couldn't be further apart from whatever that excuse of a football program the leghumpers have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

UGA doesn’t have an elite QB and they

Jun 19, 2019, 3:54 PM

aren’t dominant enough on defense to overcome that deficiency.

Re: UGA doesn’t have an elite QB and they

Jun 20, 2019, 7:33 AM

rhettm said:

aren’t dominant enough on defense to overcome that deficiency.

Don’t get me wrong here ... I do think by the end of their NFL careers that TL will trump State Farm but to pretend he is a weakness is not accurate.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

I think the biggest advantage TL had last year other than his talent and work ethic was the position his defense put him in. DL is the key and should not be underestimated.

Jun 19, 2019, 3:55 PM

I have Clemson repeating in the Natty over UGA. You team comparison seems accurate.

Jun 19, 2019, 3:56 PM

Your not you

Jun 19, 2019, 4:14 PM

Personally, I’d love to play U ga for the National Championship this year if they could make it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Clemson is better

Jun 19, 2019, 9:17 PM

but UGA is one of the few teams that would have a somewhat legit chance against us.

I actually think UGA beats Bama in the SECCG this year. Just a gut feel.

Jun 19, 2019, 9:22 PM

I heard Kirby was in secret talks with Bama to be their coach-in-waiting since Dabo is no longer liked in the state of AL. Kirby's days in Athens are numbered.

UGa must win their way to a game with Clemson.

Jun 19, 2019, 9:42 PM

I have no interest in playing Georgia. If we wanted another SEC team on the schedule, let it be Florida. Personally, I'd like to get Texas, Southern Cal, Michigan, Penn State or Nebraska on our schedule before we add another SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGa must win their way to a game with Clemson.

Jun 20, 2019, 10:54 AM

Clemson is 18-42 against Georgia. It isn't surprising you don't want them on the schedule.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That record is fun. Let's compare records in the CFP...***

Jun 20, 2019, 10:56 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That record is fun. Let's compare records in the CFP...***

Jun 20, 2019, 11:18 AM

Congrats on the CFP success. It is enviable. Doesn't change the fact that Clemson hasn't had much success against the Dawgs.

And what percentage of those games were played before games

Jun 20, 2019, 11:21 AM

were even on TV?

Who the eff cares? I wouldn't trade the head-to-head record for Clemson's overall success.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to That record is fun. Let's compare records in the CFP...*** ]

Congrats on the CFP success. It is enviable. Doesn't change the fact that Clemson hasn't had much success against the Dawgs.

Jun 20, 2019, 11:25 AM

How many of those wins over Clemson would you trade for just one more national championship?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: UGa must win their way to a game with Clemson. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

almost 40 years since you won a NC...

Jun 20, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: UGa must win their way to a game with Clemson. ]

I can understand why you would take a non-lethal gunshot to the leg...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: UGa must win their way to a game with Clemson. ]

UGA has had Clemson’s number over the course of time but Clemson would’ve won probably the last 5 straight and has a solid matchup advantage if UGA doesn't slip up along the way in my opinion. Good luck getting to the playoffs I’ve wanted to see this matchup.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:21 PM

Not sure what you mean by Clemson would have won the last 5 straight. If you mean games played over the past 5 years...they have played one...2014...and UGA won. The 2108 Clemson team looked unbeatable but I think UGA's 2017 team was perfectly capable of beating Clemson that year.

Jun 19, 2019, 10:16 PM

Might be helpful to compare matchups.

Our OL vs the DL compared to their OL vs our DL
Who wins the line?

Our WRs vs their DBs compared to their WRs vs our DBs
Who wins the matchups

Our RBs vs their LBs compared to their RBs vs our LBs
Who has more big runs

Etc. ?

ETN is definitely a better running back than any of UGA's

Jun 19, 2019, 10:26 PM

linebackers.

Jun 20, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA vs Clemson ]

they can't beat the team we just beat by 28 points and it was only 28 points because we ran the clock out to keep from scoring again.

THat should give you all the match up information you need.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:24 PM

Right, because because everyone knows that is exactly how it works.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:54 PM

well, I'd go into the the Texas match up but we didn't play them.

Jun 20, 2019, 12:35 PM

We’ve won 10 straight games by 20 or more points, including against previously undefeated Notre Dame and Bama. Why would Georgia be any different?

Clemson wins in a blowout - 42-10.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic