Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two things that Swoffie had better be doing...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,204

Two things that Swoffie had better be doing...

Nov 21, 2012, 8:09 AM

1. He needs to be selling Notre Dame on becoming a full time member of the ACC. Notre Dame tried the 50/50 thing with the Big East and that conference crumbled out from under them. Notre Dame could actually shore up the conference in football. Let them have the NBC Network and possibly even a portion of a new ACC TV contract. At this point, I think you have to put all options on the table. If the ACC crumbles, the Notre Dame could get left in the dust and have zero control over its future.

2. After securing ND, have each school sign a "grant of rights" or whatever the Big12 calls it. Basically no school can leave until the current media contract expires.

These are not my ideas, I heard them on radio yesterday and they actually make sense. I hate giving in to ND, but ole Swoffie has kind of forced us into the corner with them. Adding Louisville and UConn really do nothing to shore up the conference. If the SEC, Big 12 and Big 10 come calling then schools will listen. As stated many times, we are going to 4 conferences and right now the leaders in the club house our Big10, SEC, Pac12 and Big 12. The ACC is a distant 5th...sad to say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two things that Swoffie had better be doing...

Nov 21, 2012, 8:14 AM

absolutely correct.. ACC gets left out in the cold.. BUT, barker wants us to be left out so he can take some of the glory away from football!! Clemson will never get to where we should be until he is gone!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2012, 8:31 AM

Amen brother!!!! Preach on.

ND will not join, esp if they play for a NC this year, this=

Nov 21, 2012, 8:17 AM

TV Contract renewed

Re: ND will not join, esp if they play for a NC this year, this=

Nov 21, 2012, 8:26 AM

As much as I dislike Swoffie he can not get ND to join. No one can do that. It just isnt possible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't completely disagree, but Swoffie needs

Nov 21, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to ND will not join, esp if they play for a NC this year, this= ]

to be selling them on the landscape of college football. The only reason ND is even partially playing in ACC is due to fact that Big East crumbled around them. Let them have NBC and give up a little something else, but do everything you can to get them into the league full time.

I agree that it will be tough, but the Big10 is going to a 9 game conf schedule, so I would make the assumption that not many of those teams are going to step up and schedule ND as an OCC. It will become a little tougher for them to stand alone when the new format begins if they can't get quality opponents to play.

Hell, we got to do something.

geez.......I was REALLY hoping

Nov 21, 2012, 8:25 AM

"Clearing out his office" was gonna be one of the options

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 Swoffie things.. I thought you meant review his retirement

Nov 21, 2012, 8:25 AM

speech....and dust of his resume' .

Nov 21, 2012, 8:26 AM

Only one person,and he is higher than the Pope,could get Notre Dame to join a conference,any conference ,in football.Unfortunately he is impartial when it comes to these things!
Here on earth it's a different matter.Better men than Swofford have tried to get Notre Dame to join a conference in football.
What makes you think Ole John Boy can do any better?

Nov 21, 2012, 8:32 AM

9 game schedules are a joke. They're terrible for the communities. The Big 10 will just beat each other up with that. More power to the ACC.

Louisville anyone?
http://ryankantor.com/2012/11/20/the-university-of-louisville-should-be-the-accs-prime-target-not-uconn-as-an-upgrade-from-maryland/

Swofford just needs to go away...

Dec 1, 2022, 7:45 PM

There's nothing that I want from him at this point, other than to get out of the way. He is the guy that got us into this situation. He shoulders the blame for a huge part of it. He has screwed up this conference in ways that it'll probably never get fixed. I don't trust him to screw in a light bulb, let alone fix the ACC.

Exactly***

Nov 21, 2012, 9:08 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

never happening....this yr is reason why

Nov 21, 2012, 8:44 AM

ND can have their cake and eat it too...if they win Saturday they get to keep all the BCS money....no sharing with the ACC schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

needs to add more than Notre Dame............

Nov 21, 2012, 8:50 AM

to "shore up" the conference in football.

IMO they would need ONE more football school like Penn State.......yes it sounds crazy, but don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility.

get Notre Dame as full time member....that would "sweeten the deal" for PSU to jump ship b/c you add those you could get a "Legit" TV deal that would compare money wise.

I know some of the ex ACC powerhouses have fallen on rough times in the long run i think it would be a respecatable football conference with

Clemson, FSU, ND, Penn State, VT, Miami as the "headliners"......eventually Miami and VT will be back

to me though it's a last ditch effort to "save" the ACC........it's a long shot, but if something drastic isn't done the ACC is done.........what we need to be doing is talking with FSU behind closed doors about "if you go.....we both go......package deal type thing)

If ND will play 1 more ACC team

Nov 21, 2012, 9:23 AM

they could compete for a division title and participate in ACC champ game. Let them only play their division foe's. To keep everyone happy, have them change divisions every 6 years. Only division games count for the acc championship race. tiebreaker is highest ranking team.

Let ND keep, negotiate their NBC money and give them full share of conference football revenue in exchange for the extra game and competing for a division/ACC title.

I hate to sell out to ND, but adding UConn or Louisville really puts a band-aid on a bullet hole.

We can stay at 14 for a long time if we put this in place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gee, maybe we'd agree to never score any TDs against ND

Nov 21, 2012, 8:55 AM

Clemson needs to look out for Clemson. I'm convinced now more than ever that our best interests lie outside the ACC.

I think the sport is headed towards 4 16-team conferences ( built-in playoffs) and I think we'll eventually find our way into one of those leagues.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic