Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk

May 17, 2018, 7:13 PM

I don't post about topics such as this because I don't have "sources." I do know someone in Rock Hill that I consider a good man that has a son being lightly recruited. He knows a lot of people in the high school circles just simply because he's such a likable guy. He doesn't keep up with all this message board talk and he doesn't listen to talk radio.

I said all that to say he approached me this afternoon without me bringing the subject up. He said man I'm goinna tell you right now. The South Carolina coaching staff has been staying in touch with that young mans family the whole time he has been on the Clemson campus. The boy was lazy at Lewisville and the coaches at Clemson thought they could get him down there and coach it out of him. He went on to say it's not so much the demands of working out, it's also the demands Dabo has of his players off the field and the commitment Dabo requires in the classroom. He said at Scar they don't have those demands on the players academics that they pretty much coast to graduation if they don't transfer or leave early. He also told me that Clemson didn't have those same strict requirements under Ford, West, or Bowden. He said Hatfield tried to enforce it but failed miserably. He said Dabo changed that culture and will not alter it for any player.

Like I said I don't do the whole posting about "my sources" but this guy knows a lot of people in the York, Chester, Lancaster high school ranks. Heck he's not even a Clemson fan he's just a football fan in general. You guys can take this post for what it's worth, but I believe every word this guy told me. His character and the number of years I've known him is all I need to believe it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk

May 17, 2018, 7:18 PM

Sounds about right -- we have had players leave before,that would not change to Dabo's standards -- or who thought they were the best thing ever to wear a Tiger uniform and demanded playing time -- (Chad Kelly type ?? )--------------- IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THE TIGERS MOVE ON !!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 7:26 PM

Him having a 3.0 could negate that argument.

Today with all the extra quality points available

May 17, 2018, 7:37 PM

a 3.0 isn't very good anymore...especially if part of that has been weighted. At JL Mann High in Greenville, there are probably close to 50 kids with a weighted GPA over 5.00 at graduation.

Yes, I though it was strange when the lawyer referred to

May 17, 2018, 9:39 PM

the 3.0 average as exemplary. I'd be proud of any child of mine for earning a 3.0 in college. It is a nice accomplishment. But it is not exemplary.

Re: Today with all the extra quality points available

May 18, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Today with all the extra quality points available ]

He had a 3.0 gpa from his first semester at Clemson so says Dabo. Dabo pointed that out in his statement in order to negate the academic problems argument.

May 17, 2018, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk ]

3.0 at Lewisville in the no child left behind culture. Google South Carolina teachers leaving the profession at a 10% clip.

Huge difference from high school to college. I know 4.0 students that didn't get accepted into Clemson....the same Clemson that had 27,000 applicants this past year for only 3,000 plus spots.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

May 17, 2018, 7:41 PM

Let’s jump on the kid while he’s down!

Down ? It's beginning to appear that what some were

May 17, 2018, 7:47 PM

saying yesterday about the situation is true. Yesterday, I was one of the guys telling them to ####. Now, with every report/interview that comes out, it's looking more like what they were saying is true.

USuC coaches have been recruiting him the WHOLE time. The football lazy part is what the Coots claimed about him all during his recruitment. Having a decent GPA is just one of the many things required of a Dabo student/athlete.

So what ?***

May 18, 2018, 9:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Down ? It's beginning to appear that what some were

May 18, 2018, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Down ? It's beginning to appear that what some were ]

They can have him

Tell em coot

May 17, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had to be said***

May 17, 2018, 9:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 17, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk ]

Down? No down will be November, which he watches his old teammates clobber his new team in the stadium he could have been winning in. Down will be when he has to start using the moniker "never again..again..again...again...again...again". Down will be when he has to face one of the first string O-Line guys instead of another freshman.

How is he down? He quit.***

May 17, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk ]

Nope.. if dabo forces him to go to school and

May 18, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk ]

Do his work then he will do well. He will also hate it if he is lazy and want to leave.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 17, 2018, 7:58 PM

I heard very similar from people close that he felt as if the coaches were being "too hard" on him and he expected it to be a lot more like high school where he didn't have to work as hard.

May 17, 2018, 8:06 PM

SethSlyy said:

I heard very similar from people close that he felt as if the coaches were being "too hard" on him and he expected it to be a lot more like high school where he didn't have to work as hard.

If that is indeed true, how is USCjrs "we will not be outworked" motto going to work for him?

May 17, 2018, 8:11 PM

Sub par teams tend to have the funniest mottos don't they.

May 18, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Living in Rock Hill with the J. Belk talk ]

Funny thing is I was over at FGF and they had fans posting about how lazy Belk was in high school and how we would not miss him. I also know calling him lazy in high school does not always transpire to the college level. We had a Watkins kid on the team that was a very lazy high school player and he made a pretty darn good dl for us. I hate he left but time to move on.

Does it matter to you negative nellys

May 18, 2018, 1:56 PM

that Belk's mother is actually very ill?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic