Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TO ALL OF YOU COUCH COACHES....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TO ALL OF YOU COUCH COACHES....

Jun 3, 2018, 10:55 AM

It’s really depressing and unTiger-like to rant like you guys do. Please, when you get started, how ‘bout show us some creds so maybe we can respect what you are whining about. I mean, hindsight is always 20-20 and it’s easy to say woulda, coulda, shoulda...
What would you be saying if Mr. Beer had lauched one last night in the 9th and we survived the bottom of the inning to win?
I choose to keep a positive attitude and say we ain’t outta this yet. We can still win the regional.
Now, go get’em Tigers!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most people on here post knowing what should've been done...

Jun 3, 2018, 11:05 AM

before things don't work. It's not "hindsight".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most people on here post knowing what should've been done...

Jun 3, 2018, 11:23 AM

And CT12, what are your creds? Are you a head coach of a championship team or something? Do you attend all of the Tiger practices? Do you know the overall health of the team? Or are you palmreader?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most people on here post knowing what should've been done...

Jun 3, 2018, 11:43 AM

What did say that’s not true?

I don't attend practices where I'm guessing...

Jun 3, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Most people on here post knowing what should've been done... ]

Cromwell hits BP like an All-American. That's the only reason he must be in the lineup, because otherwise, what in the heck are we doing? And I don't know the health of the team. I've been under the impression that Meredith was hurt... then he pinch hit and STARTS at leadoff today. The fact that he's healthy enough to go means he should've been playing all along.

Doesn't take a head coach at this level to know baseball. Getting people thrown out at home plate with your best hitter coming to the plate is idiotic. Letting Cromwell swing with a 2-0 count last night was idiotic. Not pinch hitting for Cromwell or just having him in the lineup is idiotic. A delayed steal with Williams is idiotic, especially since we led off with Green who was struggling to make contact with the guy. We should've been focused on turning the order over.

Taking Hall out of a close game Friday whenever he's one of our two best bunters and the fastest guy on the team is idiotic. Allowing Marr to start an inning is idiotic.

Baseball is simple in this regard... it's very unpredictable, your best players are going to fail 70% of the time. So as a coach, you play the percentages and put your team in the best statistical situation to succeed.

BUt all we look at is lefty vs righty and ridiculous matchups that get us nothing. If you think you know enough to defend the decisions of this staff, then I'll listen to anything you have to say and we can talk baseball.

Re: the hind sight is prevalent here

Jun 3, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Most people on here post knowing what should've been done... ]

because so many posters act like complete behinds when we lose

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is why I like dumpers more than pumpers.

Jun 3, 2018, 11:05 AM

At least dumper posts change. Change the Beer sentence and this could verbatim be a Bowden era football post.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TO ALL OF YOU COUCH COACHES....

Jun 3, 2018, 11:17 AM

Spot on!

Hindsight does not equal foresight.

Jun 3, 2018, 11:19 AM

You said the right words. We have a great team and great boys.Just go out there and show them you are not down. GO TIGERS

Jun 3, 2018, 11:25 AM

Correct. That's USuC's MO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2018, 11:28 AM

It’s a message board , it’s really not that important.
That game last night was pitiful and there is no excuse for it.
Vandy will get killed in the supers

I was pretty darn good. Best on my street.

Jun 3, 2018, 11:32 AM

Jun 3, 2018, 11:38 AM

Some people post after. Some post before. I know I posted somewhere last night saying Hawkins could play 3rd. Meredith can DH. That’s not hindsight.
Not everybody is going to post what monte should do ahead of time. Monte has made good moves that don’t work out and bad moves that did. It’s not always the end result that determines if it was a smart call. Marr isn’t good but I think he managed the pitchers better last night. He didn’t take Higgy out with bases loaded and I would have. Guess what? He got out of it so it worked out. Plus since Marr was his first go to I would’ve stuck with Higgy knowing that.
For the people like u that say “what if beer would’ve hit a bomb to win then what would u be saying?”
Well i wouldn’t know what to say because it rarely happens......
If we’re changing scenarios around what would you say if Higgy gave up a grand slam instead of getting out of it? Would you have said he should’ve put marr in?

Jun 3, 2018, 11:46 AM

Exactly. Baseball is the easiest game to question the manager and most of the time it is meaningless. Of course there are bad moves, but they always seem that way in hindsight. Some people were probably screaming at the TV when Lasorda brought in Kirk Gibson to pinch hit when he could barely walk and there was no chance he could beat out anything to first. Of course he went yard and barely made it around the bases on a walkoff. Well, he went and yard and it was the best decision in baseball history. Overly questioning baseball manager calls always seemed odd to me. Sometimes it is obvious when they leave a pitcher in too long etc. Most of the time people are complaining about nonsense imo. jmo

Jun 3, 2018, 11:50 AM

I can honestly say I bet the majority of clemson fans were screaming for anybody to pinch hit for chromwell last night in the 9th. When I saw Meredith go in for Hall and chromwell standing on deck I wasn’t even able to get excited about kier because I was so furious that Hall was the one getting pinch hit for instead of pc

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic