Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Would Swinney take Kelly Bryant back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

TNET: Would Swinney take Kelly Bryant back?

Sep 29, 2018, 6:58 PM

Would Swinney take Kelly Bryant back?

ESPN’s Holly Rowe asked Dabo Swinney during an on-field interview on Saturday afternoon about allowing senior quarterback Kelly Bryant to come back to Clemson e Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh boy***

Sep 29, 2018, 7:04 PM

I would hope not

Sep 29, 2018, 7:04 PM

He walked out when the going got tough. We need players that are ALL IN. It's obvious that Bryant wasn't.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk I think it’s obvious that KB made an emotional decision

Sep 29, 2018, 7:09 PM

Re: Idk I think it’s obvious that KB made an emotional decision

Sep 29, 2018, 7:22 PM

T3Tiger said:

As a twenty-something. We’ve all made mistakes in life and IMO the players and coaches are the best ones to make that call. I’m pretty tired of talking about it

Then why did you post?

Sep 29, 2018, 8:31 PM

To discourage other redundant posts about Bryant that could be viewed in a bad light by current players and future recruits. We’ve already established they read these boards sometimes yet we have a few DAs that (like Kelly’s emotional decision/comments) like to make emotional posts without thinking themselves. They won’t give him any slack for being frustrated yet these 40, 50, 60 year olds act like children when their candy is taken away. Im convinced some are coots, but when it’s hard to tell, you’re in bad company.

Hth

Sep 29, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Idk I think it’s obvious that KB made an emotional decision ]

T3Tiger said:

As a twenty-something. We’ve all made mistakes in life and IMO the players and coaches are the best ones to make that call. I’m pretty tired of talking about it

I agree! I think this was an emotional decision. If he owns up to his mistake, then I see no problem.

Cut him some slack. That kid has battled a lot.

Sep 29, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to I would hope not ]

He did what he did. Quit judging people

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would hope not

Sep 29, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to I would hope not ]

I would feel a little betrayed by Dabo if he allowed KB to come back with open arms. And I really don't believe he would allow KB to come back without conditions that KB wouldn't accept!!! When you intentionally fail to show up for practice without having permission from Dabo, coordinator, or position coach, and then they have a private meeting with the media, surely there has to be serious consequences for those actions. That would open the door of destruction of what Dabo has built at Clemson bc of the ramifications of those actions with other players that don't agree with the decisions made by Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gets it^^^^^

Sep 29, 2018, 11:59 PM

The KB discussion needs to end. He was not there when his team needed him today simply because someone else was going to take the first snap. It has played out as if he was never gonna take another snap at Clemson because TL was named the starter. Now, he shouldn't. Ever.

Would I like Heidi Klun's legs wrapped around me?

Sep 29, 2018, 7:08 PM

Sure, I love that kids. However, neither is happening. So we'll keep going with what we got.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Hollywood lady pimp?***

Sep 29, 2018, 9:48 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: The Hollywood lady pimp?***

Sep 30, 2018, 12:20 AM

No, the model, judge on AGT, mother of 4 and former wife of Seal. Heidi Klum.

Re: Would I like Heidi Klun's legs wrapped around me?

Sep 30, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Would I like Heidi Klun's legs wrapped around me? ]

You would but could you handle the middle?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Would Swinney take Kelly Bryant back?

Sep 29, 2018, 7:09 PM

Just reading the teas leaves here, but when Dabo says we’re moving on, I think what he means to say is We’re Moving On.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 9:00 PM

he was quoted 1hour ago in the Associated Press article on the game as saying "Bryant would be welcome back" if he decided to return.

Chase Brice needs a backup***

Sep 29, 2018, 7:11 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Brice needs a backup***

Sep 29, 2018, 7:15 PM

It’s DK time; as a backup of course

Sep 29, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Chase Brice needs a backup*** ]

Come on, happy for Batson but you KNOW he wouldn’t make it out there. Kendrick was recruited by others to be QB. How long could it take to get him back up to speed on some basic plays? Call up his HS coach. We obviously don’t need him at receiver this year. This is a near disaster. No one knows the real status or physical stamina of TL going forward. That was a nasty shot to the head. Watson was hurt for half of his freshman year.

It’s DK time; as a backup of course

Sep 29, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Chase Brice needs a backup*** ]

Come on, happy for Batson but you KNOW he wouldn’t make it out there. Kendrick was recruited by others to be QB. How long could it take to get him back up to speed on some basic plays? Call up his HS coach. We obviously don’t need him at receiver this year. This is a near disaster. No one knows the real status or physical stamina of TL going forward. That was a nasty shot to the head. Watson was hurt for half of his freshman year.

dabos reply = HELL NO***

Sep 29, 2018, 7:20 PM

Re: dabos reply = HELL NO***

Sep 29, 2018, 7:22 PM

https://giphy.com/gifs/sport-corso-3o6fIUOohyg4yegu1G

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he pretty much said it with out saying it

Sep 29, 2018, 7:24 PM

im not talking about anything about kelly we are moving on = hell no

He said he'd LOVE to have him back, but he's through TALKING

Sep 29, 2018, 7:30 PM

about it.

I read that to mean it's up to Kelly Bryant to ask to come back and then meet whatever conditions might come along with reinstatement.

I ambivalent myself about him coming back or not, but if he does get reinstated, he should begin on the 3rd team.

if he returns ill lose all respect for dabo

Sep 29, 2018, 7:32 PM

that will be teaching a snowflake that you can quit but get your way in the end.. at the end of the day you shouldlnt get to be a quitter then be rewarded once you see the guy who beat you out at that position is injured

I would think there would be some fairly strong provisions

Sep 29, 2018, 7:37 PM

place on any reinstatement.

He would need to come back knowing he's got to work his way back up the depth chart from the bottom.

We'll see.

I would be okay with him returning as long as he apologizes for the negative comments he made when he left and works hard on 3rd team.

Maybe Dabo thinks he made a mistake himself

Sep 29, 2018, 8:29 PM [ in reply to if he returns ill lose all respect for dabo ]

You all ever thought that Dabo may think he made the mistake by demoting him. Maybe he took TL's numbers only into consideration. Whey in retrospect he should have counted for experience and leadership. And to treat a senior that, that won the Texas Game and was 16-2 as a starter/took you to the CFP, really gave the young man no choice.

But no one here will look at it that way. T NET has been trashing Kelly since Jan... He probably feels like a large part of the fan base was out for him lose his job anyway. So why take a demotion when even the coaching staff said he did nothing wrong.

If i'm wrong.. I will admit to it. And I've done so on TNET. Can't say I've seen that much around here.

But Dabo is a good and humble man...

Re: Maybe Dabo thinks he made a mistake himself

Sep 29, 2018, 8:41 PM

You make a good case.
I say bye bye but as usual I 'll accept Dabo's decision ( right or wrong)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Maybe Dabo thinks he made a mistake himself ]

He is the HC, he didn't make a "mistake", he did what HC's do, he made a decision that was rebuked by his player!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 11:34 PM

I must admit that I was wrong too. I was very vocal about supporting the way Dabo was handling the QB competition since spring practice. That got me labeled a “Kelly Pumper” on tnet when I was really just supporting Dabo and Co. What I was wrong about was I never imagined KB was the kind of guy that would quit on his team in the middle of the season. When Dabo talks about love and respect within this team I just don’t know how you can take KB back after his actions and comments this week.

Sep 30, 2018, 7:32 AM

Easy.......Luke 15: 11-32
GO TIGERS!

Sep 30, 2018, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Maybe Dabo thinks he made a mistake himself ]

T-Net has not been trashing Kelly since Jan....People have been talking about his inefficiencies....which is WHY he was demoted. His passing issues are a problem.

What some of you never considered....did he ever during his time off (summer break) go to a QB guru camp, do the things he needed to do to further his progression and to fix his issues?? Deshaun did...Tajh did...did Kelly? Now, be hoenst with yourself. IF you were in HIS shoes...you knew a guy was coming into the program that broke records of your last National Championship winning predecessor, would you just go about your normal practice habits, or would you do what your predecessors did and seek top level guidance to ensure you did everything you could possibly do to compete? Now, let's take it a step farther....of you went into a spring game and came out with the worst stats of the 4 QB's that played, as a SENIOR leader and starter for the team, would that also not tell you that you need to go take those extra steps to learn, to grow, to be your best?? So, why didn't he?

Fact is, the stats did show Trevor in 4 games had been better...but that didn't mean the team didn't need Kelly, wouldn't need Kelly. Everyone lobbying for Trevor was actually hoping Trevor would get the team to faster starts, kelly would be who finished the games off (hoping for him being in to start the 3rd quarter and still get playing time, but where the defenses of the opponents were getting worn and then his strength, his legs, would kill the crap out of them). But no, he had to run from competition...he had to get scared....he had to let his ego get in the way of the needs of the team. And now, today, HE lost out on an opportunity to take the team back. The team won the game....he is who lost the most.

Kelly Bryant worked with the same private QB coach

Oct 1, 2018, 10:27 AM

that Watson did. Kelly has been working with Ramon Robinson for years. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Or did you just assume that when Clemson wasn't in practice that Kelly just sits on the couch and plays video games?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Link?

Oct 1, 2018, 10:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yes, there are plenty of those to prove

Oct 1, 2018, 10:49 AM

Tigerman1978 wrong

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's what I assumed.***

Oct 1, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant worked with the same private QB coach ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Kelly Bryant worked with the same private QB coach

Oct 1, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant worked with the same private QB coach ]

I wasn't talking about "local" ones he's been going to...I meant people like George Whitfield....Did Kelly do that?

Deshaun did:
https://www.postandcourier.com/staff/gene_sapakoff/deshaun-watson-works-hard-on-his-brand/article_b08cdb91-4b66-5f1b-abf4-824c5930101a.html

Tajh Boyd and Chad Kelly did:
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/chad-kelly-working-out-with-qb-guru-george-whitfield-jr-050815
https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/George-Whitfield-Clemson-is-quarterback-rich--123045/

*insert foot in mouth*

So it doesn't count if Kelly goes to a

Oct 1, 2018, 12:47 PM

QB guru that coaches QB's from all over the country if said guru is located close to home? You'd only give Kelly credit for working with a QB guru who's located further away? Funny you mention Chad Kelly, you know...since Ramon still works with Chad Kelly.

Re: So it doesn't count if Kelly goes to a

Oct 1, 2018, 10:39 PM

I'll repeat again...."anything past his normal practice habits". I believe if he has always worked with Ramon, that qualifies as normal practice habits. It's about the going above and beyond what he NORMALLY does. Chad did when he went to Whitfield, so did Tajh, so did Deshaun. Let that sink in a sec and see if it made sense to go at me on it...it's less about if he was still going to Ramon vs did he get a different take on his skills from someone he hadn't worked with before...seen with fresh eyes? All of those did, he didn't.

Re: So it doesn't count if Kelly goes to a

Oct 1, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to So it doesn't count if Kelly goes to a ]

But, I'll wait on all those links you say you have that prove he went "past his normal practice habits", (meaning something he wasn't doing before)and went to a QB CAMP (which I mentioned), something different, this specific summer to do everything he could possibly do to get better, as I said in that first post....

Who?

Sep 29, 2018, 7:25 PM

nm

If Kelly Bryant begged to come back, I would still say no.

Sep 29, 2018, 7:28 PM

He missed his chance to be part of something special this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

exaclty id lose respect for dabo if he took him back

Sep 29, 2018, 7:32 PM

dude didnt want to stay with the team and fight through adversity..then F him

Sep 29, 2018, 7:55 PM

Good! I don’t want him back.

Sep 29, 2018, 8:03 PM

Clemson shouldn’t either.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hech yea.. when hail freezes over***

Sep 29, 2018, 8:01 PM

Sep 29, 2018, 8:06 PM

Absolutely Not. If he was any type of teammate he wouldn’t have turned his back and quit. If he wanted to redshirt Dabo gave him the choice, if he wants exposure he would get more exposure playing as a back up for CLEMSON than starting for most any other D-1 team. To leave your teammates and walk out of the locker room where you are suppose to be a leader at QB1 or 2 because you got beat no thanks. Thank you for what you did for CLEMSON when things went your way. Best of luck for your future! As for the Tigers win or loose we stick to together!!

Sep 29, 2018, 8:12 PM

Dabo doesn't want to talk about it anymore and I'm tired hearing about it. He quit on his teammates.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 8:23 PM

we already have a back up QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 8:30 PM

"Well Ahhh Shucks"

It would be opening a big can of worms to let him come back***

Sep 29, 2018, 8:42 PM

Sep 29, 2018, 8:48 PM

Time to move on !

Sep 29, 2018, 8:49 PM

Time to move on !

Sep 29, 2018, 8:53 PM

dabo said that because he wabted to focus on what the team just did. i think he would take KB back because he knows he made a quick and emotional decision but he would not garauntee him anything

Sep 29, 2018, 8:53 PM

dabo said that because he wabted to focus on what the team just did. i think he would take KB back because he knows he made a quick and emotional decision but he would not garauntee him anything

Re: DK can ball. Maybe should be the emergency guy

Sep 29, 2018, 9:52 PM

And just run the basic RPO over and over. If I am not mistaken I saw him throw 18-18 one year ago. And probably ran for a few hundred as well. If he was bigger he probably would have been a huge QB recruit.

Re: DK can ball. Maybe should be the emergency guy

Sep 30, 2018, 8:20 AM

Amen! The problem running the RPO with KB is that he appeared to be afraid to pull the trigger on the long pass most times and then missed the open receiver when it counted. If CU wanted to face 8 defenders in the box every play, then KB was their guy. That isn't Clemson football! You can argue stats all you want but it's not always what it seems. What kind of passes did he complete 67%? Well, we know only 2 were TDs. Stats can be deceptive and manipulated for anyone's benefit. It's all about the big picture and who has heart.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 9:57 PM

ESPN’s Holly Rowe asked Dabo Swinney during an on-field interview on Saturday afternoon about allowing senior quarterback Kelly Bryant to come back to Clemson e Read Update »

We were doing fine, rotating QBs constantly giving totally different looks on O. Then Lawerence has a really good session Decision was made. Today proved that Lawrence is NOT the second coming of Watson. We good really could have used Bryant today. Thank gawt Brice proved he should have been in the mix all along. Answer is,bring Bryant back. He is the starter. Brice proved today that he every bit as valuable as Lawrence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 12:42 AM

^ dumb alert....not the second coming of Watson huh? Yeah, how'd he look before he went down vs Louisville his freshman year? Yeah, that's what I thought....

Sep 30, 2018, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Would Swinney take Kelly Bryant back? ]

So on this one game it is determined that TL is not the right choice? I seem to remember a game a year ago where our QB was knocked out and we put an L in the column...only one that year during regular season as I remember....that same QB came back and we made the playoffs....one year later same conditions and we put a W in the column... and somehow that means a change is necessary...uh ok ah...
For those trying to figure out how Dabo would let KB back in, one word, forgiveness.
Harken back to a time when a punter took it upon himself call a fake punt during a game and it ended badly. Dabo took said punter to task and later in the season trusted that same said punter to throw a momentum changing pass to one of the biggest and best defensive players we have to help push the team to the win.
Look at a time when one of our better receivers was sent home right before a very important game due to unexceptable behavior that violated team rules. What happened there? That same receiver came back and worked through all of the conditions necessary to restore trust that was violated and had a great season the next year.
Violation of a relationship, repair and rebuild, and last but not least ask for and receive Forgiveness. That Does Not mean you will avoid the work required to restore your previous status. It’s a simple but very very effective system that is ages old. To be unable to Forgive is to put yourself in the very same “me” (selfish) mindset that put the whole team (due to the actions of one) in this situation in the first place. Here endeth the lesson. Good night Tiger Nation!

Sep 29, 2018, 9:58 PM

We were doing fine, rotating QBs constantly giving totally different looks on O. Then Lawerence has a really good session Decision was made. Today proved that Lawrence is NOT the second coming of Watson. We good really could have used Bryant today. Thank gawt Brice proved he should have been in the mix all along. Answer is,bring Bryant back. He is the starter. Brice proved today that he every bit as valuable as Lawrence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 1:06 AM

So on this one game it is determined that TL is not the right choice? I seem to remember a game a year ago where our QB was knocked out and we put an L in the column...only one that year during regular season as I remember....that same QB came back and we made the playoffs....one year later same conditions and we put a W in the column... and somehow that means a change is necessary...uh ok ah...
For those trying to figure out how Dabo would let KB back in, one word, forgiveness.
Harken back to a time when a punter took it upon himself call a fake punt during a game and it ended badly. Dabo took said punter to task and later in the season trusted that same said punter to throw a momentum changing pass to one of the biggest and best defensive players we have to help push the team to the win.
Look at a time when one of our better receivers was sent home right before a very important game due to unexceptable behavior that violated team rules. What happened there? That same receiver came back and worked through all of the conditions necessary to restore trust that was violated and had a great season the next year.
Violation of a relationship, repair and rebuild, and last but not least ask for and receive Forgiveness. That Does Not mean you will avoid the work required to restore your previous status. It’s a simple but very very effective system that is ages old. To be unable to Forgive is to put yourself in the very same “me” (selfish) mindset that put the whole team (due to the actions of one) in this situation in the first place. Here endeth the lesson. Good night Tiger Nation!

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Would-Swinney-take-Kelly-Bryant-back-1832599?start=45&tstart=0#ixzz5SYgiM12V

Sep 29, 2018, 10:25 PM

DW4 was out several times with injuries, and one that would have taken him out for the season if it would have happen the end of September!!!

Re: Oh Wise One

Sep 30, 2018, 12:18 AM

Second coming of Watson? Actually, if Trevor gets hurt twice more this season, he would

Better off with Kelly on the team? Dabo didn't remove him from the team. He removed himself.

Better off with Kelly on the field? How do you figure that? We never had a lead for our QB to sit on. KB could not have done that thing that only he can do, you know, win the game for us by doing nothing but somehow getting the credit for not fumbling.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:07 AM

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Would-Swinney-take-Kelly-Bryant-back-1832599?start=45&tstart=0#ixzz5SYgiM12V

Sep 30, 2018, 1:08 AM

Sep 29, 2018, 10:20 PM

Dang you posted that a million times.

Sep 29, 2018, 10:47 PM

I’m sorry but KB gettin some bad advice. Yes it’s his choice to leave but really why.? Does he really think another year of him running pro footage is needed sadly if someone has convinced him he can be a nfl QB? I mean really there is enough footage out there of him doing what he does plus pro day, combines etc. Clemson will have so many drafted the teams will be all over the program so kB will get his chance to show them. Not like Clemson is shippensburg st for god sake. If he is good enough they will find him and at Clemson it won’t be hard I mean come on woody dantzler even got a chance w cowboys! Straight up immature selfish move by KB . DABO DONT EVEN GIVE HIM CHANCE TO COME BACK. Start chase against lesser teams next few weeks to rest Lawrence and get chase ready to really go if needed again! Sorry KB but u got bad advice

Sep 30, 2018, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Would Swinney take Kelly Bryant back? ]

Sep 30, 2018, 1:10 AM

“Unacceptable “...ugh

Sep 29, 2018, 10:58 PM

He might take Kelly back after allowing his teammates to vote (most likely the seniors). If they vote "yes" then there would probably be some other stipulations added by Dabo.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 30, 2018, 12:09 AM

Pretty sure Dabo/Streeter told Kelly he would be coming off the bench against Syracuse, that's all.
So Kelly was so upset Dabo gives him the day off. He takes two. He quits. He informs his coach by text that he wants to transfer. You suspend 2 players for using their phones during the game, you have a player-instituted ban on social media interaction during the season, and the first person of importance Kelly calls when he's upset is the news media.

Then the players who gutted out a victory without him might end up allowing him to limit their destiny again?? If I'm a player, i make a suggestion to my HC to cancel the invitation.

Sep 30, 2018, 7:56 PM

I keep on seeing the picture of Cole Stoudt after the Boston College game in 2015. Deshaun had won the starting job, and Stoudt was placed on 2nd string. Deshaun gets hurt, Stoudt steps in and leads the team to a victory against BC. He was awarded the leather helmet trophy, and I can still see the picture of him grinning ear to ear with a black eye after that game. Stoudt later led us to a great team victory against Oklahoma in the bowl game. He went out of Clemson a winner, and I will always respect Cole Stoudt. He was in the exact same position as Kelly B. He lost his starting job to a younger, more talented QB. That had to have stung pretty badly, but he stayed with the team and stepped up when his number was called. Kelly B did not.
Chase Brice proved today that he can win ball games. If Kelly B wants to come back, hed make an excellent 3rd stringer. Just sayin...

Sep 30, 2018, 11:23 AM

People keep bringing up the Cole Stoudt/Deshaun Watson situation as if the Kelly Bryant/Trevor Lawrence situation is exactly the same. IT IS NOT!!! The 4 game rule WAS NOT in place when Cole Stoudt was demoted, so the reality is, he couldn’t have quit and transferred even if he had wanted. That year of eligibility was already gone for him. If not for the NEW 4 game rule, Kelly Bryant would still be on the team, as well. The difference is that the NCAA has given student athletes in 2018 the option of transferring after 4 games, while still retaining a full year of eligibility. That’s an option student athletes in 2015, when this happened to Cole, did not have. None of us can really say, with certainty, what Cole would have done if that option had been their during HIS last year of eligibility. It’s not about character as much as it is about opportunity.

Sep 30, 2018, 12:45 PM

What you say is true. The new redshirt rule does make the situation with Kelly B different.

Sep 30, 2018, 7:31 AM

NO!

Sep 30, 2018, 2:35 PM

Well if you are done answering questions about Bryant but you would take him back??? BS. Just go tell Brice that he is #3 again after he pulled your butt out of the fire? NO WAY...

Sep 30, 2018, 6:40 PM

I think Dabo would lose his locker room

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic