Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Swinney on ESPN - 'Trevor Lawrence has earned this opportunity'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Swinney on ESPN - 'Trevor Lawrence has earned this opportunity'

Sep 28, 2018, 9:50 AM

WATCH: Swinney on ESPN - 'Trevor Lawrence has earned this opportunity'

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney appeared on ESPN's SportsCenter for a one-on-one interview with Stephen A. Smith about the quarterback news this week. Smith asked Sw Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on ESPN - 'Trevor Lawrence has earned this opportunity'

Sep 28, 2018, 11:19 AM

The biggest difference is that Kelly is a senior and Jalen is a junior:

Kelly can quit now and transfer without having to sit OR he can spend his last year of eligibility being QB2.

Jalen's options are to be QB2 at Alabama and get his degree or transfer and sit out. He will transfer next year and play his last year of eligibility somewhere else.

Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on ESPN - 'Trevor Lawrence has earned this opportunity'

Sep 28, 2018, 11:28 AM
TL.jpg(70.6 K)

Trevor Lawrence will be one of the ""BEST"" to ever play for Clemson !!! Nuff Said !!!!!

No doubt __________________GO TIGERS !!!!

Sep 28, 2018, 11:54 AM

I do hate to ask, this question is been in the back of my mind for 72 hrs.
Could Kelly Bryant say, you know, I want to stay at Clemson and help out.
As college students say and do things they regret or do based on emotion and before thinking things out.
Is there a chance?
When is it a done deal, the transfer?
thank you all

Sep 28, 2018, 12:09 PM

Dude it’s over with get over it we don’t need Kelly Bryant.

I'd be OK with that scenario

Sep 28, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney on ESPN - 'Trevor Lawrence has earned this opportunity' ]

Nobody has given a straight answer about whether KB is still enrolled or not. That would determine if this is even possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 12:03 PM

A great life lesson for the young people who would see it. “For the moment, you are the best there is.” For the moment. There is ALWAYS someone better than you. Always. Get over it. Play on.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:04 PM

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:12 PM

I thought that Dabo was spot on with everything that he said especially with this is a new season with new players, and everybody has to earn them spots everyday, and I personally believe from watching every second of every game that TL had earned his chance to start against Cuse. The most important point in all of this is that Dabo has in his time as HC at Clemson, he has always given very talented true freshman the chance to start by earning the job over guys that had been at Clemson longer. The thing is that it's their chance, and as talented as Trevor is, and from what Dabo saw last Saturday he was giving Trevor that chance. I don't believe he ever once told Trevor that it was his team, and I believe that is what Dabo told KB, and he did not won't to stay seated and watch TL take his job bc he (KB) believed that if TL was getting this opportunity that TL would indeed end up taking the starters job before the season was out, and he made a firm decision that he wasn't going to sit back and watch that happen at no time this season.

AS Dabo said, he told TL that he would start this coming week against Cuse bc he had earned that chance against GT. KB couldn't handle the pressure of TL being given the chance to take his job bc he knew that was a real possibility, and right then he decided that he wasn't having no part of it and he quit. And he quit bc he wasn't about to stand on the side lines watch a true freshman take the starting QB position that he felt was his. He did not want to risk facing that type of embarrassment, and now he doesn't have to bc he handed the job to Trevor without fighting for what he thought was his without competing with anyone anymore to be the starting QB at Clemson. He barely beat out a green true freshman, and he didn't believe he would beat out a more experienced very talented true freshman that was named Trevor Lawrence. If KB really believe he was better than Trevor, he would have stayed and proved that Trevor wasn't ready to be the starter. In his heart he knew he couldn't take the job away from Trevor, and he quit to save himself of the embarrassment, and that is what I truly believe bc he gave in without the slightest of a fight for the starting QB position!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 6:13 PM

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is an honorable coach. He could have started Kelley Bryant one more game and then Bryant would not have had the option to leave. Coach Swinney obviously cares about his players and their futures. Yes, I was looking forward to a two quarterback system; maybe we will still have that with our lineup. I wish Bryant a prosperous career. I wonder why he just doesn’t go into the draft system for pro football. I wonder if he can continue his masters degree at another school, or can he finish it a Clemson, while playing football somewhere else, like the Furman quarterback that takes classes at Clemson. Some coaches will now be more inclined to keep the players on first string for five games now to retain them the entire year.

Sep 29, 2018, 1:23 AM

Dabo can’t seem to catch a break. Maybe it’s cause he wears his heart on his sleeve but he gets roasted for starting Cole Stoudt as long as he did when Watson was a freshman and now he’s getting roasted for correcting that mistake by making the call to start Lawrence when the next great Clemson QB(Lawrence) is giving the team the best chance to win.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic