Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN analyst: Alabama 'disrespected,' Clemson mindset key to win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN analyst: Alabama 'disrespected,' Clemson mindset key to win

Dec 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

ESPN analyst: Alabama 'disrespected,' Clemson mindset key to win

ESPN analyst Booger McFarland sees one major difference in the third-straight Playoff installment of Clemson-Alabama. And it’s not Deshaun Watson’s absence, alt Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Auburn disrespected'em pretty good.***

Dec 19, 2017, 2:05 PM

Here we go again.

Dec 19, 2017, 2:31 PM

This "disrespect" thing is made up. In what world would you call going 11-1, not winning your conference, and still making the playoff, disrespect? Yeah, sure their defense isn't as dominant at stopping the run as it was the past decade, but that's fact not disrespect. It's still ranked in the top 3 in multiple categories. How's it disrespect when you've had a very small drop off? That's on them.

I just don't see Bama coming in with the disrespect card. They're still competing for a national championship, at a 4 seed yeah, but that's on them.

If anyone should be pulling the disrespect card, it's Clemson, for the entire country and even some of our own fans during the preseason saying we'd be 10-2 not going to the playoffs and not even winning our own conference this year. This shoe needs to be flipped here. The only thing I hear about this game is all about Alabama (hence why I come to TigerNet to get my reads).

The media (ESPN in particular) is trying to fuel Bama with bulletin board material so they can have their darling on top again. If they want to make up "disrespect", fine, whatever. But, we all know it isn't true in the slightest.

GO TIGERS!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst: Alabama 'disrespected,' Clemson mindset key to win

Dec 19, 2017, 2:35 PM

um, I think we are the disrespected ones... we are the underdog (again) and everyone says how we can't win without Deshaun

Dec 19, 2017, 3:11 PM

Yeah I like how they are ONLY a 3 pt favorite and they are disrespected. Granted that the line is not actually picking who will win, but how people will bet. People expect bama to show up this year, but they will find the Tigers will also show up and that last year was NOT a fluke.

Off Point. Comes down to talent. Xs and Os***

Dec 19, 2017, 2:40 PM

Re: Off Point. Comes down to talent. Xs and Os***

Dec 19, 2017, 3:00 PM

I think Saban gets outcoached again just like last year. Seems Dabo has a way of doing that to the great coaches of his time. Not bad for a cheerleader. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is Bama playing for revenge or the disrespect card?

Dec 19, 2017, 2:58 PM

Doesn't matter. Clemson wins BIG.
GO TIGERS!!!BEAT BAMA!!!LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!!

CU is #1 seed; yet Dog per Vegas!

Dec 19, 2017, 3:37 PM

#1 seed. The "attacking" last national champion. Yet, all the talk is about Bama for one reason or another by the national analyst. Even when complimenting; they are talking Bama.
Everything that is being said, " will be brought up " likely! Like, how the media "really wants their darling in the championship game"! How, they will have to deal with everyone "not wanting to see little old Clemson do it again"!
If Bama needs external motivation to get up for this game; they are 1/4 way defeated already. Clemson will try and be the best Clemson they can regardless of what or how Bama feels. Respected or not.............these analyst who want Bama in it are just scared and "trying to provide" extra fuel! Which means, they worried Bama's best won't be enough. I get a bit of satisfaction knowing that personally!
Go Tigers! Win the Sugar Bowl.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU is #1 seed; yet Dog per Vegas!

Dec 19, 2017, 3:42 PM

I can't leave out a huge thing everyone keeps forgetting. "Clemson Players Pride"! Last year it was supposedly all due to DW4. But, the defense repeatedly gave the offense the ball back in the 2nd half. New CU starters "were not major contributors" yet here they are. They will be out to prove they can do it just like the guy who started the year before! Huge...........and cannot be understated! Remember pre-season talk. All the new faces/starters. Guess what national analyst..............this is a new team..............these guys don't want to be the team who "did not stand up in the face of Bama!
The "they thought we was gone fade card" is as powerful as the disrespect card! Anyone who has sustained success has played this one!

Yeah I remember last year they were saying they

Dec 19, 2017, 10:20 PM [ in reply to So is Bama playing for revenge or the disrespect card? ]

gave too many yards the year before, and how they were going to play mad (aka targeting).

Didn't seem to help much. Better scheme and execution will win the game. I guess that kind of cliche-ish, but these are two really good teams who are pretty evenly matched. Nothing left but scheme and execution.

Dec 19, 2017, 3:45 PM

I remember Rece Davis signing off the Saturday morning of the SCar game with an ominous-sounding "Be careful Clemson! Be CAREFUL!" We know what happened, and he didn't say it the next week. Now they're asking if Clemson will be determined enough to beat a disrespected Alabama team. I guess they need something to talk about, something to spin once again. I gotta say that Booger is all in on picking Clemson over Alabama, but the others are a little nervous to step out there. They need to ask Rece Davis what he now thinks about Clemson's determination to win.

Dec 19, 2017, 3:58 PM

Booger must not understand the term " underdog " .
If we are +3 , Boogs ... means that we are expected to lose .

I swear , you'd think the guy would read a booklet about it or something .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 19, 2017, 5:05 PM

> Booger must not understand the term " underdog " .
> If we are +3 , Boogs ... means that we are expected
> to lose .
>
>
> I swear , you'd think the guy would read a booklet
> about it or something .
That's the LSWho education for ya.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cutting him some slack, he's okay

Dec 19, 2017, 10:24 PM

considering he grew up with the name Booger.

Dec 19, 2017, 4:05 PM

If they feel dissed now, wait till the Tigers smack ‘em in the mouth!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never put too much faith in a booger comment***

Dec 19, 2017, 4:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

SEC academics on display. How are they "disrespected"...

Dec 19, 2017, 6:01 PM

since they are favored to win and the game is in their backyard?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC academics on display. How are they "disrespected"...

Dec 20, 2017, 2:29 AM

And, it was a set up hopeful of getting two SEC teams into the final. That's so disrespectful to them.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

'disrespected

Dec 19, 2017, 6:06 PM

It won’t matter, if I had a nickel for everyone wanting revenge? We are coming for a championship! That’s all that matters.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 'disrespected

Dec 19, 2017, 7:13 PM

The Booger Man is trying to fire up the tide. The more he talks up Clemson, the more he feeds the beast.

Good Tigers.Be Clemson!

I am so sick of hearing that word " disrespected". That

Dec 19, 2017, 6:53 PM

word needs to be drop from the dictionary. It is WAY over used. I thought it was a black culture saying but it's not anymore. I don't respect any teams unless it is Clemson! Shove that word up your A$$.

Re: I am so sick of hearing that word " disrespected". That

Dec 19, 2017, 8:16 PM

Plus 1 for speaking the truth on the overuse and abuse of “ disrespected”.

Atta boy!***

Dec 19, 2017, 10:27 PM [ in reply to I am so sick of hearing that word " disrespected". That ]

If anything, the Tigers are disrespected.

Dec 19, 2017, 6:57 PM

Bama is now up to a 3 point favorite and we are the number 1 team. We're underdogs.

How is a team disrespected when they were picked

Dec 19, 2017, 9:43 PM

ahead of two other conference champions?

If anything, USC was disrespected.

You're trying too hard Booger.***

Dec 19, 2017, 10:14 PM

This is the third year in a row that Alabama

Dec 20, 2017, 2:24 AM

has been so-called disrespected. When were they ever disrespected? Was beating them disrespectful? Were the Tigers supposed to allow them to win? This is tiring and annoying.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: This is the third year in a row that Alabama

Dec 21, 2017, 11:23 AM

Screw all of these television talking head morons. All that matters is what happens on the field. If Clemson plays the way they know how, then they will be on their way to the championship game. Period.

Disrespect?

Dec 21, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to This is the third year in a row that Alabama ]

All I have heard since last year from the Alabama folks I know is how Bama only lost because of an "illegal" pick play! Disrespect? Disrespect?
I think we need to "disrespect" them even more this year. Come on Tigers! Leave no doubt!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic