Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson signs three of top-5 ESPN prospects, jumps into top-5 rank
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson signs three of top-5 ESPN prospects, jumps into top-5 rank

Dec 20, 2017, 8:10 PM

Clemson signs three of top-5 ESPN prospects, jumps into top-5 rank

ESPN's recruiting rankings were already a fan of Clemson's class, ranking them an industry-high ninth going into Wednesday. Add in signing announcements from th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought I was going crazy, then realized the video...

Dec 20, 2017, 8:16 PM

...is on a loop. Lol at getting old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Thought I was going crazy, then realized the video...

Dec 20, 2017, 9:28 PM

"Old is where you make it"!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woahhhh

Dec 20, 2017, 11:08 PM

Imagine if we flipped salyer and mays too O.O

Only The Begining!

Dec 21, 2017, 1:02 AM

As players declare early for the draft; we will end up w/more. Also, as players transfer; we end up with more open scholarships. The only problem being, a kid could have signed with another team by the time we find those things out.
But, a kid waiting until the traditional February signing day may very well be waiting for "a particular school to come knocking"! Especially if we are able to compete for(alone) or win another national title. The problem we have is kids don't leave; they have done a great job of making a great environment that's very difficult(expectations) but "worth it"! And, the type of kids they bring in are going to fight through it and get it done.
I can't help but think CU would have the #1 class easily if there were more numbers! The small numbers are the only reason this is not the #1 class in the nation!
But, hang on for that.............I get the feeling the Tigers staff is not done signing elite talent for next season!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only The Begining!

Dec 21, 2017, 8:45 AM

Do you really want Hunter or Kendall to declare for the draft. Silly human I do not care if we win on signing day.... I care if we win the last game of the year. FSU has beaten us in recruiting almost every year, they do not give pretty trophies for recruiting.

So disappointing. Imagine how good this class would have

Dec 21, 2017, 5:30 AM

Been if we weren’t cycling out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

what is scary is the way Muschamp is cycling in***

Dec 21, 2017, 5:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what is scary is the way Muschamp is cycling in***

Dec 21, 2017, 6:54 AM

Those unicycles are tricky....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson signs three of top-5 ESPN prospects, jumps into top-5 rank

Dec 21, 2017, 7:48 AM

Not sure what to think about us never taking as many players as the top schools...

Is it better to keep more players on your roster year over a year or go out and sign a top three recruiting class every other year? Is a brand new 5 star better than a 4-star that's been in your system for a year or two? Same question, but 4 vs. 3 star?

I guess if we stay tuned for a few more years we'll have our answer... Or could be that we already have our answer. Clemson is winning playing DABO's brand of football and rarely signing a class larger than 17 or 18.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 8:50 AM

the 'other schools'sign big numbers because they cut players that are no longer useful. Dabo would never do that. His loyalty and the stability of our football program is what draws these young men and our coaches to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson signs three of top-5 ESPN prospects, jumps into top-5 rank ]

Dabo makes a commitment to his players for 4 years and it is another sign of how special the Clemson family is. These players believe in each other and drive each other to success instead of giving up on someone because they get passed on the depth chart. We also recruit a strong character and turn down 5* who don't fit in at Clemson. The players Dabo brings in are here to work hard and achieve success not have it handed to them. Other schools may have had success recruiting, but a few bad seeds can ruin any chance of a championship.

null

Dec 21, 2017, 9:07 AM

We have players like Renfrow and Kelly Bryant who are excellent players and big contributors, but Renfrow is undersized for NFL scouts and Bryant needs to make longer throws more consistently to be drafted higher. They know that and come back to work on anything the NFL has issues with and maybe still won't get too high in the draft. Wilkens, Austin Bryant and Ferrell have made a huge impact in the scouts mind and will all get drafted in the first 3 rounds. People forget superstar in college doesn't always translate to NFL draft picks. It is the skill set you have. Dabo has done a great job of selling, get your degree, and looking at Watson, it sounds even more sound. You can be one play away from losing it all. Watson will be back with bells on, but you just never know.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic