Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Spring preview: Plenty of competition ahead for stacked 'WRU'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,822

TNET: Spring preview: Plenty of competition ahead for stacked 'WRU'

Feb 20, 2019, 9:01 AM

Spring preview: Plenty of competition ahead for stacked 'WRU'

Breaking down the Tigers position by position going into the start of spring football on Feb. 27, taking a closer look at a stacked receiver corps and a short-handed group at tight end. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Spring preview: Plenty of competition ahead for stacked 'WRU'

Feb 20, 2019, 9:04 AM

:)

Feb 20, 2019, 10:01 AM

David, I thought you might venture a guess as to who the new Mister third-down will be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Feb 20, 2019, 10:05 AM

It will be hard to replace Mr. Clutch Renfrow !

Feb 20, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Spring preview: Plenty of competition ahead for stacked 'WRU' ]

If you rarely face 3rd down, you don't need to devote a roster spot to it.

That lineup is terrifying

Feb 20, 2019, 10:34 AM

I like it

Re: That lineup is terrifying

Feb 20, 2019, 11:49 AM

I just hope we don't run into a transfer problem. Tee almost for sure leaves next year. Amari will more than likely be a 4 year player. Derion Kendrick steps into renfrows role. We still gotta find snaps for Ross, Diondre Overton, Cornell Powell, and Tj Chase. I almost hope we Redshirt all the freshman but thats not happening with Ngata, or Ladson they have too much talent. We are 5 deep at the Boundary X receiver. Yet not even truly 2 deep at the Z or TE position. Makes you wonder why.

the only real need at WR is a new "3rd and Renfrow" guy

Feb 20, 2019, 12:05 PM

But those are HUGE shoes to fill. Maybe unfillable.

His personal legend aside, Renfrow did things in games like making grabs on bad throws to settle down the QBs, making clutch catches, and being the guy every QB knew they could hit when needed on a big 3rd down. That's all we need. We obviously have the studs who can make the leg-breaking moves and one-handed sideline catches. We need a guy for 3rd and Renfrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 12:26 PM

no sense in stacking five 6'-4" in one receiver slot...
put Higgins, Overton and Ross on the field at the same time along with Rodgers. 4 WR set. Good luck defending that. Trevor can throw 50/50 balls for dayss :)

I’m a little slow on the uptake

Feb 20, 2019, 12:34 PM

What’s the story about the transfer from GA Southern (Banks). I do not remember that happening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are two jokes here

Feb 21, 2019, 10:34 AM

One is the depth and talent at WR. My God, just look at them. It's like looking at a bunch of trees that can run 4.4's and make one-handed and contested catches. They could go down as the greatest group of wideouts in NCAA history. Thanks again to Alabama for letting Ross get away ;)

Unfortunately the other joke is depth at TE, in a bad way. It's not good at all. I predict we'll be bringing in extra O-linemen in the redzone and on some short yardage plays. A lineman may even switch positions to give us an extra blocking TE. I'm not worried about TE's catching the ball; we honestly don't need them to and it's clear Scelliot doesn't value the position the way they used to (we just won the Natty with almost zero pass catching contribution from the TEs). I'm VERY worried about blocking. Travis and Co. need some big nasties helping the O-line.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

could the college football world handle it if .........

Feb 21, 2019, 9:30 PM

Will Swinney stepped up and became the next Renfro????

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,822
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic