Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte

Sep 23, 2019, 7:01 AM

Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte

Breaking down where the No. 1 Tigers stand through four games with key takeaways and game grades. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte

Sep 23, 2019, 8:04 AM

Who wrote this? It says 11 different Tiger players reached the endzone...how? A touchdown, is 6 points, even without any extra points. 11x6=66...math. I did not write down the players names that did, but with Clemson scoring 52 points total, there is no way 11 players scored a touchdown. The math might work in Columbia, but not at Clemson. Perhaps you meant 11 different players have done so this season so far...I don't know, because that would seem a little too low for a four game stretch.At this point I am just guessing what the writer meant.

Sep 23, 2019, 8:56 AM

When you figure in guys with multiple touchdowns like Trevor Lawrence (3 rushing TDs), Lyn-J Dixon (3 rushing TDs) and Travis Etienne (4 rushing TDs), eleven is a pretty good variety of guys still scoring in four games.

Sep 23, 2019, 9:06 AM

Counting both passer and receiver; thus first passing TD counted 2 players scoring...etc

11 on the season, not just in the Charlotte game***

Sep 23, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte ]

Mickey Plawler wrote this

Sep 24, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte ]

had to be

Sep 23, 2019, 8:06 AM

I know it was against Charlotte, but the thing that stood out to me was that the defense only allowed 1 drive of 30 yards. That's extra amazing considering the number of players that played.

Sep 24, 2019, 10:01 AM

Playing teams like the 49ers is really good for building our young depth, and I bet it is a bunch of fun for them. But teams like Bama, OSU, and Oklahoma use teams like the 49ers to build up the stats for players that believe the Heisman is the most important thing in their college careers. Our HC and our players believe that team awards are more important than personal award's!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 8:13 AM

I know this is nitpicking, but the article also said Venables had sent out 41 players to take a snap on defense. The defense does not take snaps...that is the action of the center snapping the ball to a player, usually the quarterback.

Well, you're a Sarge, so

Sep 23, 2019, 9:39 AM

Nitpicking is to be expected! ;) Kinda like Dabo or BV...always coaching!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a pretty serious nitpick because the participation

Sep 23, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus Charlotte ]

stat is usually recorded as "snaps played." When a player gets moved to a different position you often here something like "Kendrick is taking snaps at corner back."

I think it's fine to say "taking snaps" in the manner it was used in the article as it seems like pretty common football lingo to me. I think you need to take your beef higher up the food chain.

Sep 23, 2019, 9:39 AM

The Tigers looked great and very deep! I can't give the special teams a B+ though when they fumbled a punt for a TD. If some team gets lucky enough to beat the Tigers this year, it will involve a muffed / fumbled punt. It's a huge momentum killer in a close game.

Sep 23, 2019, 9:51 AM

It was Will Swinney who won't be back there in a big game. Dabo will make sure he learns his lesson and you will probably see him wave the fair catch sign many times going forward.

Sep 23, 2019, 11:02 AM

I wish the UNCheat game could have been a home game, and 1 half of the stadium could say, You Wanted Us, and the other half say, You Got us!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 1:44 PM

we will probably have as many fans as they do so we still can.

Sep 24, 2019, 9:24 AM

I would love it if that did happen, and in there home stadium where they were saying we won't Clemson, and we answer them back in their house, now you have us. What in the world are they going to do with us when they get us. Simply Awesome!!! We will have to paint their ?? Orange, and start charging them rent. Go tigers!!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic