Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney

Jun 29, 2020, 9:01 AM

Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney

The game at Auburn in 2010 stands out for many reasons, but it later showed just how much Dabo Swinney remembers about his losses. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Death Valley, SC Baby

Jun 29, 2020, 9:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5W2oHqmjYU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Cool, Cool..

Jun 29, 2020, 9:52 AM

And that’s what football is all about!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney

Jun 29, 2020, 12:12 PM

I was at this game, and man was it HOT that day. Checked the historical weather and the high was 97.

You are correct in that it was one of the best atmospheres I have ever been a part of, even stuck in the top corner of the stadium it was electric.

So close to a win there, it would have changed the dynamics of our season and potentially college football since Auburn ran the table from then on out.

Still a great trip and experience, I hope we can get back to some big time college football sooner rather than later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 1:08 PM

Yeah, but not at Jordan Hare, the home of cheaters. Next time they come to Death Valley, may I recommend no benches on the Auburn sideline and a visiting room locker at 120 degrees.

Jun 29, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney ]

If the headsets didn't go out
If Auburn didn't have the comeback

Kiss the Hypesman away for $cam
Kiss the undefeated season away for Auburn

How much does it change ours?

It was hot and some prik Barners stole our IPTAY 75th

Jun 30, 2020, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney ]

Anniversary commemorative plate off the front of our car.
And we should have won that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Thing I remember about being in Auburn's stadium, I don't

Jun 29, 2020, 3:17 PM

remember how I got the tickets I got but I'm in the upperdeck completely surrounded by Auburn fans. No other Clemson fan in sight. They weren't too bad when we were leading, but when they took the lead and we were struggling after Parker got speared, they became more obnoxious. The kid behind me was swinging his jacked and intentionally hitting me in the back and back of the head. Instead of teaching his child manners, the kid's father thought it was funny. I kept thinking this is not a good situation because I don't want to end up in the Auburn jailhouse tonight but if this kid doesn't stop things are about to get ugly. Fortunately the people in front of us left and we scooted down.
I'm the kind of person that will try to ignore obnoxious people. Up to a point. Any mention of this game and I think of that awful parenting moment from that Auburn dad. If we were at Clemson and one of my boys did something like that I would make him apologize, and if he kept doing it I would've spanked him. Even if it was a Gamecock he was doing that to!

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Jun 29, 2020, 3:22 PM

I remember Jamie Harper's diving TD catch still on the best catches by a back I've ever seen

Jun 29, 2020, 5:48 PM

Here is Jamie Harper's TD catch. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vqb5M9qaJk

Jun 29, 2020, 8:51 PM

mjconn42 said:

Here is Jamie Harper's TD catch. Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vqb5M9qaJk

Unbelievable grab. Three defenders.

Jun 29, 2020, 10:28 PM

I've always thought if it wasn't for the Farley hit the 2010 team and Kyle Parker would have had an historic season. Kyle was hurt worse than we knew I'm sure. His legacy should have been better. Too bad a cheap shot took that away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't Farley that speared him. It was a DB who was later

Jun 30, 2020, 9:42 AM

arrested for armed robbery... Can't remember his name for sure, but I believe it was McNeil...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It wasn't Farley that speared him. It was a DB who was later

Jun 30, 2020, 11:12 AM

It was Fairly ...... he kept doing it all season. One of the dirtiest players in college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It wasn't Farley that speared him. It was a DB who was later

Jun 30, 2020, 11:33 AM

I stand corrected, the spearing was from a defensive back. I think Fairly may have had another late hit that wasn't called, but it may not have been on Parker. I also forgot how much Jamie Harper had finally started to come on that season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they even throw a flag? I don't remember.***

Jun 30, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Headset antics at Auburn showed the competitive fire of Dabo Swinney ]

There's something in these hills.

Jun 29, 2020, 11:35 PM

That game at Auburn was the hardest hitting game I can ever remember. Both teams were bringing the wood and it lasted until the very last play. We really should have come out on top. It should have never gone to OT.

I was proud of our guys, crazy how the phone connection goes out when you get a lead but comes back when youR down. Hope they paid that guy with the switch well..????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 30, 2020, 4:18 AM

I remember the Steele prevent defense before the half, letting Auburn score and giving them Moe for the second half, but more importantly, getting their fans back into the game. The spearing of Parker hurt a lot too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at that game and that was by far the best

Jun 30, 2020, 12:11 PM

Student section atmosphere I’ve ever seen. If our students could get to half that level it would make the valley even more insane

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic