Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 51

TNET: Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers

Mar 21, 2019, 1:33 PM

Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers

Is Seth McLaughlin an oversign possibility for the Tigers?
McLaughlin is a 3-star 2020 center out of Buford (GA) who has visited Clemson, Alabama, and Oklahoma this spring and is going back to Alabama this weekend. He also plans to visit Oklahoma again in April.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, what a nice problems!

Mar 21, 2019, 1:45 PM

As he stated..all 3 probably will be in CFP & Natty contention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, what a nice problems!

Mar 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

Snooze you lose.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 6:48 AM

Decide to be a tiger... Win a position.... You win

deleted by author

Mar 21, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Wow, what a nice problems! ]

Deleted

Message was edited by: Clemsonhitter®

Snooze you lose.

Snooze you lose.

Mar 21, 2019, 2:00 PM

Come again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 2:46 PM

snooze you lose....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 10:50 PM

gesundheit

Mar 21, 2019, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, what a nice problems! ]

Pardon?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers

Mar 21, 2019, 2:50 PM

What does he mean by if they like me, they will over sign to get me, but I haven't made up my mind yet.( most over signs are for 4-5 star skill players, Right? ) He was told that we had two spots left, and now those two spots have been filled. I'm not, but if I was the coach that was recruiting him, I would tell him that the two spots we had have been filled, and Clemson don't do what other schools do just bc a recruit thinks that we should bc it doesn't work that way at Clemson. I'm sorry young man, but we have accepted all the commits that we are taking for our O Line, but, do you play any other positions really well, bc we are full on our O line, we can take you as a walk on, and you can compete for a O line position, and in our mind, that is where we stand for taking in another O lineman!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 2:55 PM

I believe the article quoted him as saying Caldwell said they may take 6. They need to talk to see if that is the case. The fact they have not spoke since the visit is not a good sign of him coming to Clemson.

Mar 21, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers ]

What does he mean by if they like me, they will over sign to get me, but I haven't made up my mind yet.( most over signs are for 4-5 star skill players, Right? ) He was told that we had two spots left, and now those two spots have been filled. I'm not, but if I was the coach that was recruiting him, I would tell him that the two spots we had have been filled, and Clemson don't do what other schools do just bc a recruit thinks that we should bc it doesn't work that way at Clemson. I'm sorry young man, but we have accepted all the commits that we are taking for our O Line, but, do you play any other positions really well, bc we are full on our O line, we can take you as a walk on, and you can compete for a O line position, and in our mind, that is where we stand for taking in another O lineman!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Guillermo was a 3* but was #5 center coming out of high school , forget stars for centers. I trust our coaches' evaluation.

Mar 21, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers ]

My interpretation of this is that it was always his intention to wait until visiting Clemson and looping back with OK and Bama before making an informed decision.

He was trying to come up for Junior Day but had a hard conflict that did not involve football. I feel I can safely say he didn’t deliberately miss the opportunity.

I also believe he’s a very bright and principled young man. He’s had an Alabama offer for some time with some very hard recruiting efforts applied, but he’s waited on that as well.

My 2-cents for what it’s worth. I recommend keeping an open mind here.

I don’t think we’re talking about a person who’s wishy-washy but rather a person who really wants to make the very best decision. I certainly don’t hold the fact that he wanted to carefully consider his future. I also don’t think he could anticipate the two back-back commits so quickly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 3:02 PM

I dont see him coming when 2 top 100.. 4 star OL just committed last week....Good luck to him though...

Seriously, as a 2-star you get a Clemson offer and....

Mar 21, 2019, 3:20 PM

...you have to "think about it". Sounds like he has some better offers to contemplate but hard to believe the defending National Champs and a consistently good program with all that it offers has to be but on the back burner.

Which reminds me about the time I was offered the winning lottery numbers at no cost and I told the person I'd have to think about it. Hindsight, I probably should have taken the numbers. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously, as a 2-star you get a Clemson offer and....

Mar 21, 2019, 4:27 PM

How many times have you wish you had, and have kicked your own self in the butt for not accepting them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a 3-star...my bad, didn't mean to demote him

Mar 21, 2019, 4:30 PM

I'd be bummed if I were him. Probably mad at his parents for insisting he take his time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's a 3-star...my bad, didn't mean to demote him

Mar 22, 2019, 12:27 AM

I’d go out on a limb(and I do need to loose weight) to say, stars do means things, but it’s just not a clear cut measuring instrument like a thermometer or a triquarter.

Kids under the radar. Do some tease arch. (that’s the auto-correct for research)

Joking aside, if our coaches open a spot for this young man, it’s becaude he deserves it, period.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 3:35 PM

This is a lot of pressure on these teenagers... We got those Star Spangled Eyes...They have to juggle Wild promises that most times are hot air against dreams they may have of being a psychiatrist and anal-izing the next Ted Bundy...Pressure...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like this happens to a dozen kids a year

Mar 21, 2019, 4:37 PM

The vast majority simply aren't covered. Dabo is VERY selective in his offers (less than half the number Bama gave out the past two classes) but that number is still over a hundred every year. We get roughly a fifth of them. The probability says there's several kids out of the remaining 80+ who wait until Signing Day that have doors closed by then. Scholarships are finite.

In essence, I love that the kid wants to come to Clemson but this is kind of a non-story. And I'd rather us take as balanced a class as possible every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 4:41 PM

I'm not totally understanding this one in what his quotes are but sometimes, in his defense, quotes are not exact on the meaning and they may be even partial to the whole story. BUT, he was given the opportunity to be a Tiger and when the NC CLEMSON TIGERS offer you a full ride and you have three (3) stars beside your name, you say ah, "Yes Sir, where do I sign right now, I accept." He waited, two four (4) stars committed, slot gone. Sorry man but we may can gray shirt you or you may walk on to earn a scholarship down the road but if not, we wish you well and you can bet we'll follow your career to see what we missed out on. Good luck!

Mar 21, 2019, 5:09 PM

I could be wrong-but he seems to have an attitude problem. When Clemson offers and you are only a 3*-you immediately sign!

Mar 22, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Georgia OL talks oversign possibility with Tigers ]

I agree, and I've said basically the very same thing. You are talking to coaches that have won 2 NCG in 3 years, and they have told you, we are taking 2 OL, and we have 2 spots open right now. If a recruit regardless of how many stars they have walks away and comes back after those 2 spots have been filled, they are S O L, they had an opportunity and passed it up, so why is it an issue for him now. I hope our coaches do not over sign for anyone who passed on that opportunity, period, and I wouldn't care if he was a minister, he walked away when the door was open, and was told how many before that door would close!!!

Mar 21, 2019, 5:18 PM

Some of you cats are acting like morons! This kid is a CENTER. A valuable commodity on that OL. We happen to have guards and tackles signed aboard. Probably a very smart fella. Love to have a smart, dependable, consistent leader anchoring the line in the middle. Come be a tiger and compete for that job big guy.

Mar 22, 2019, 10:49 AM

He passed up on the two spots that were open, end of story!!!

Whatever Dabo and Robbie decide . . .

Mar 21, 2019, 5:28 PM

I am good . . . Nothing to worry about here. It will be handled well and everyone involved will be happy with the decision and its explanation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 5:36 PM

I had the honor of meeting this young man’s father. They live in my neighborhood. We were both out walking, and he saw me in my Clemson hat. We struck up a conversation from there.

Seth seems like a very impressive young man both athletically and academically. He’s been to Bama many times, and it looks like Saban is more than a little interested. I really think we’re talking potential here that far exceeds the 3* rating. Listening to his father made me immediately think he had the virtues and talents to be a Clemson man.

Wherever this young man ends up, I think he’ll make a huge contribution. Hope it’s with our Tigers!

Mar 21, 2019, 5:48 PM

Well, if he does commit to Alabama, the 3 star thing is a thing of the past.

Mar 21, 2019, 5:47 PM

Oklahoma twice? Alabama? If he doesn't commit to Clemson, I hope he doesn't go to either of those schools.
Kid needs to visit Texas, they blow those guys out of the water facilities wise and the city. Of course, Texas probably won't have room for him, but Oklahoma?

Mar 21, 2019, 6:07 PM

isn't there another 5-star top 5 maybe OL we are also in the mix for? Can't remember his name.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 8:57 AM

I know Zachary Evans the 5* running back is planning to visit with a OL player from the same high school and they are a package deal. To get Evans you have to take the OL too.

Mar 22, 2019, 9:40 AM

Don't like packages... Hope our kids can make up their own mind after seeing the product.

Replies: 33
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic