Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence

Jan 26, 2019, 8:01 AM

Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence

JP Losman doesn’t know where he will be working next season, but if it’s somewhere other than Clemson he knows his time in the foothills of South Carolina was well spent. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence

Jan 26, 2019, 8:34 AM

JP is on a long list of Buffalo Bill's draftees that was taken much higher than they belonged. The added pressure of being a first rounder didn't help. Lack of supporting cast, and bad coaching left him with a struggle for a career.

I wish him all the best in his coaching career.

Thank him for articulating what we all know about Dabo & his staff, and for the insight into TL.

You can see Trevor coming to the sidelines on any series that doesn't end in 6. Explaining what he saw, and knowing that he has learned what to do the next time.

It's hard to think one game at a time as a fan, but these next 2 years will be awesome.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

I agree completely with everything except I think you are under selling the next 2 years with Trevor. I think he will get all of the attention and it is WELL deserved. My son went to "The Gauntlet" (New Spring youth retreat) this past summer and told some of the highlights and I will spare everybody the details but what he told me about Trevor the person, what an incredible young man. If he had not stepped on the field this year I would feel the same way about him and remain a huge fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 8:55 AM

Enjoyed the insight! Keep up the good news!

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 9:14 AM

That's pretty cool. As all of us fans know, we are witnessing something special.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:18 AM

Pretty cool for JP Losman from Venice Beach in California to be living full time in Clemson. That's a cool experience.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:22 AM

I guess Losman never heard of Roman Gabriel. Hah, showing my age here, but long haired QB's are nothing new.

After the game, I got into it with hundreds of Clemson haters on Youtube about Lawrence, his talent and his appearance. So many jealous freaks out there and the internet brings out the stupid. He's the best true freshman QB I have ever seen and I've been watching this game for a long time. The best redshirt freshman I've seen was probably Michael Vick, but Trevor is ahead of him because Vick had a year to mature. He's just an incredible kid. Of course, the OL played really well and he does have incredible WR's, but that's part of the game.

Jan 26, 2019, 9:49 AM

I am a sports nerd and wasn't alive to see these guys play, but I know who they are and know they had long hair.

Kenny Stabler

Joe Namath's looks kind of long.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:00 AM

Joe Namath and his Beautymist Pantyhose commercials, and a few others!!!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/from-the-sports-editor/os-top-10-strangest-sports-endorsements-of-all-time-20140602-post.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2024, 2:02 PM

Somebody didn't like my post and gave me a TD. I thought it was pretty innocuous.

+1 for innocuous

Jan 26, 2019, 10:27 AM

I didn't know what it meant, so I had to look
it up and learned a new word for today. Seems
like a good PC word since phrases like "toxic
masculinity" are popular these days.

in·noc·u·ous Dictionary result for innocuous
/i?näkyo?o?s/Submit
adjective
not harmful or offensive.
"it was an innocuous question"
synonyms: harmless, safe, nondangerous, nonpoisonous,
nontoxic, nonirritant, noninjurious, innocent

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does someone not know “innocuous” ???

Jan 26, 2019, 2:06 PM

Nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Jan 26, 2019, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

Well, I liked it and thanks for the photos. That was my generation and I always liked the hair. I still do, in fact, and don't have mine long because it's mixed white, grey and brown and I am almost 60. I'd look like one of those old rockers hanging on to the past. Haha.

Jan 26, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

I tried to TU it a half dozen times and it wouldn’t let me.

I have occasionally TD’d without meaning to. I wish I could take those back.

Jan 26, 2019, 1:03 PM

You're not alone doing that, I have done a few times myself, and I have also TU when I was giving a TD :(!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

I gave you a TU just because of your using "innocuous". The TD probably came from someone who though innocuous was a "cuss" word.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 2:31 PM

Well hopefully they learn that it's totally the opposite!!!

Jan 26, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

I was fortunate enough to be around when all these guys were playing (before teams started packing up in moving trucks and bouncing around the country). Namath was a good QB, but the pantyhose thing..yeah well anyway.. hair or no hair this season ought to be great to watch with the incredible blend of talent that Dabo and the other coaches are bringing in. I wish I could find that old shoebox that had all those cards along with a lot of rookie cards. If you put it all together that was probably a basketball size wad of gum that was chewed collecting those cards.

Message was edited by: Tigerluvr

Jan 26, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

Great QB, and great WR's is a good mixture for a Championship team IMO!!!

+1 for the Roman Gabriel reference

Jan 26, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

I still have an old Topps card of him from the
early 70s when I was a kid in elementary school.
It was one of the hottest and most valuable cards
when we collected and traded football cards.

Re: +1 for the Roman Gabriel reference

Jan 26, 2019, 10:31 AM

My wife had a crush on Roman Gabriel, but I don't care. I liked him back in the day. I also liked him in the John Wayne movie the Undefeated.

Wasn't Roman a Wolfpecker???***

Jan 26, 2019, 12:31 PM

Sorry NHTiger . . . Didn't finish the thread before posting!!!

Thanks for answering my question even before it was asked!!!

Message was edited by: Skeeta56®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

Someone didn't like your post. They must have woke up salty.

Jan 26, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

I've been appalled at many of the comments made about Trevor's appearance — not just not just silly but rude and mean-spirited. I read that during the recruiting process, his dad monitored social media to shield him from the worst stuff. He seems to be pretty confident now in who he is ... and that is one outstanding young man and football player.

Jan 27, 2019, 8:57 AM

You should come on Youtube and help me fight those rude people. It's actually probably not even worth it, dealing with those idiots. They are probably coots anyway.

Surprised no one mentioned our own . . .

Jan 26, 2019, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]
IMG_0826.PNG(56.3 K)

Clipboard Jesus . . . Charlie had some "Big Hair" at times . . . Still does!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish the article could “scratch again” . . .

Jan 26, 2019, 9:28 AM

Meaning . . . I want to know how much input JP had into our Offensive Scheme for the Bama Beatdown?!!! Since he is the only QB prior to TL to beat Nicki-boy by 21 points or more, he may just know something no one else does!!!!!!!

Re: I wish the article could “scratch again” . . .

Jan 26, 2019, 10:03 AM

Sounds like someone you would want to keep around!!!

Jan 26, 2019, 9:43 AM

Dang, I didn’t know we had an NFL quarterback working as an intern. I did see Daquan on the sidelines for the Notre Dame and Alabama games.

Coach Swinney is the best and the world is finally starting to know it.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:32 AM

You know, Dabo impressed a lot of people with his post game comments. Way better than listening to that grouch little Nicky Saban.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:49 AM

Roman Gabriel had a shot flat top when he played at NC State, and he never put a point on the scoreboard against the Tigers. For some reason, the two teams didn't play in 1960, but Clemson shut out both Gabriel and State in 59 and 61.

Gabriel's long hair in "The Undefeated" was not his real hair, but it was a good movie with many good actors.

Jan 26, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former NFL QB speaks out on Dabo Swinney and Trevor Lawrence ]

It is great to see how many people are now hearing - and better yet listening to - what Dabo is saying. Those of us that have been listening for years have actually come to expect those type of comments from him. For me it goes back to the post game interview where he said something like “these guys are all in.... all the freakin time”. May have even been the same night he literally picked up the interviewer - I think it was Sam Ponder? He is energetic, enlightening, and genuine. And much more than I can list here. We are so fortunate to have him at Clemson. I hope we always remember that and show him the respect and love he has earned.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic