Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: After ejection, Andrew Booth remorseful in postgame locker room
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: After ejection, Andrew Booth remorseful in postgame locker room

Oct 19, 2019, 6:47 PM

After ejection, Andrew Booth remorseful in postgame locker room

Freshman defensive back Andrew Booth made a mistake and owned up to that mistake by apologizing to his coaches and teammates. Booth was ejected during the third quarter of Saturday’s 45-10 victory at Louisville for throwing a punch at the end of a punt. Photo by Brian Spurlock / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: After ejection, Andrew Booth remorseful in postgame locker room

Oct 19, 2019, 8:58 PM

Commotion? More like an Ali flurry...I bet someones momma got referenced...LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 9:02 PM

Mogambu® said:

Commotion? More like an Ali flurry...I bet someones momma got referenced...LOL

Even so.. AB23 was out of line...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 9:01 PM

He might get a 2 game suspension. That’s my guess and should be appropriate for this. Booth will be fine just a bad mistake

Oct 19, 2019, 11:20 PM

Why 2 games, he only had one scuffle in one game, so why punish him with two games. One game is plenty for the brain fart that he had, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 9:02 PM

I appreciate the seniors calling this out in the locker room. That’s the kind of leadership championship teams invariably possess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s a great first step in the right direction but he needs to

Oct 19, 2019, 9:03 PM

also apologize to the player that he punched.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait until his mom

Oct 19, 2019, 9:13 PM

Calls! Holy hail...the fury that will follow! No son dreads hearing the disappointment in mom's voice above anything else.

That’s a great point.***

Oct 19, 2019, 9:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now THAT will be a real howler!***

Oct 19, 2019, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Wait until his mom ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait until his mom

Oct 20, 2019, 2:05 AM [ in reply to Wait until his mom ]

If you have never told the truth in your life Salty, you just told it with that statement. Hearing the words of disappointment from mom after embarrassing her and the family like that, it is gut wrenching that causes a quiet period that seems like forever!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup...the phone rings...you see mom's # on your screen

Oct 20, 2019, 6:14 AM

You answer...and the first words are your 'full name'...that's when you know what's coming...

Been there...don't need that anymore! ;)

Oct 20, 2019, 3:17 AM

I know Andrew , he’s a great dude. No way this is a recurring issue. Just a competitor being too competitive. He’ll be fine

Oct 20, 2019, 6:43 AM

Sorry, but there's a difference in "being competitive" and "losing your cool." I'll be interested to see how many games this costs him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 7:55 AM

It seems a lot of maturing is still needed by Booth if his first instinct in a competitive play is to body slam his competitor, get on top of them and try to punch them in the face! That seems more like the middle school bully than a highly competitive athlete.

I hope the senior leaders give Booth and Dabo a clear piece of their mind (and consequences) regarding the terrible image this gives our Tigers when it becomes the top highlight on ESPN's app! Nothing could be further from the reality of the culture in our program.

I don't know the kid and glad to hear this is out of character for him, but I hope this is a pivotal moment in AB's life maturation. Also glad to hear he is remorseful.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:09 AM

I think everyone needs to remember this is an 18-19 year old kid we are talking about. I’m not sure about any of you, but I know I was not mature enough at that age to not lose my cool. At that age, there was probably a part of me thinking that it would be ok to show everyone I was tough and not afraid to do that. Luckily for me (and most of us), our actions weren’t on national tv.

I think Booth probably immediately realized the severity of his actions when he was sent to the locker room and heard all of the booing and had items thrown at him by their fans. Riding the bus away from the team seemed a bit much to me. If that happened, I definitely believe that a 2 game suspension is overkill. Just my .02.

does Anyone know

Oct 20, 2019, 9:31 AM

What set him off? I didn’t see anything on the play that would warrant that kind of response. Maybe it was on another play?

Oct 21, 2019, 9:22 AM

Being a Clemson man doesn’t mean not making a mistake, it means learning from it after doing the right thing, making apologies and whatever amends the coaches and senior captains ask. It seems that he is on the right tract with all of this and I’m proud of him for it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic