Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Talk Tweet says we have a new baseball coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 8,515

Tiger Talk Tweet says we have a new baseball coach

Jun 13, 2015, 11:09 PM

https://twitter.com/TigerTalk_CU/status/609903104331546624

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Talk Tweet says we have a new baseball coach

Jun 13, 2015, 11:11 PM

Excellent hire.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 11:15 PM

I'm ok with it, I just hope he brings some great assistants with him from where ever he can get them from. I truly believe the lack of great assistant was Jack's biggest down fall....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 11:54 PM

Yep. After Corbin and Pawlowski left te program was never the same.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2015, 5:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Talk Tweet says we have a new baseball coach ]

Ill trust TCI over Smiling Tiger. :) (neither reliable)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2015, 11:17 PM

If that is true, that is the best news I've heard from tiger town since "dat boy" was hired!!!

Jun 13, 2015, 11:17 PM

If that is true, that is the best news I've heard from tiger town since "dat boy" was hired!!!

Question...who is this Tiger Talk....

Jun 13, 2015, 11:27 PM

all I see on their website and tweets is that they are using a free place for their website. How reliable is that? they do not even give contact info or anything like that

Re: Question...who is this Tiger Talk....

Jun 14, 2015, 1:21 AM

Don't know if this is a reliable source or not. I see one of my friend who is pretty objective, Chad Morris and Michael Burns from the Greenville News follow it if it means anything. I barely know who this Monte Lee is except what is posted on this board.

Thanks, but I'll wait on confirmation from TCI.

Jun 14, 2015, 12:05 AM

Sirriusly, I think a fairly reliable T-Netter has already reported hearing the same thing. I've thought Lee was the obvious choice from the get-go. Very successful, great record, and ties to local and regional recruiting. The stuff about him being a coot is absurd. What's not to like?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Thanks, but I'll wait on confirmation from TCI.

Jun 14, 2015, 12:08 AM

This is all I could find.

http://clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Tigers-closing-in-on-Lee-37744122

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A famous golfer/T-Netter has my confidence too, Smiling.

Jun 14, 2015, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Thanks, but I'll wait on confirmation from TCI. ]

And I believe that we will have a solid staff. :)

Yep.***

Jun 14, 2015, 12:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jun 14, 2015, 9:07 AM

Good Choice !

Its my belief that he accepted prior to Jack bring let go.***

Jun 14, 2015, 9:25 AM

Little side note: That is not "TigerNet Talk" not to

Jun 14, 2015, 12:23 PM

confuse anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Little side note: That is not "TigerNet Talk" not to

Jun 14, 2015, 1:44 PM

I knew it wasn't your show. ????

Will the Main Board apologize for the bad things said about DRad?

Jun 14, 2015, 2:26 PM

Because Lee is an excellent baseball coach, and is a great hire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

In all fairness, DRad has been pretty much a one trick pony

Jun 14, 2015, 4:17 PM

focused on facilities. His previous HC hires have been less than inspiring, both here and GT.

null

Jun 14, 2015, 3:40 PM

If so, I am very disappointed that DRad has short-circuited the process for expedience. McMullan and at least several other nationally recognized up and coming head coaches and assistants should have been interviewed and considered as well. Sounds like a SC politically correct choice on the outside but will surely come back to haunt Clemson within the next 3-4 years time. For sure!!!!

To imply that DRad took the lazy way out...

Jun 15, 2015, 12:34 AM

...and screwed CU by hiring Lee is preposterous. Have you given any thought to the possibility that McMullan or Corbin or O'Sullivan (or insert your own up and coming or nationally relevant coach) were contacted and either (1) they expressed no interest or (2) we were not interested after talking to them? You just assume that we took the easy route and offered the job to the less nationally known CofC coach. I remember a man named Dabo that they said the same about. We took a chance on him and it's turned out pretty well. Maybe Monte Lee is just the right person for the job at the right time?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: To imply that DRad took the lazy way out...

Jun 15, 2015, 4:31 PM

Who outside of the state of South Carolina have we interviewed? Get my point?

Jun 15, 2015, 10:06 PM

I understand and appreciate your point but SC just went on an incredible run because they recruited the state of SC. Monte Lee has connections to some of the top travel ball teams in this state and will bring some in state talent to Clemson.

Jun 15, 2015, 11:13 PM

If you've seen some of the in state talent in SC compared to ga fl nc etc you may want someone who isn't politically tied in with SC travel clubs. You may want a southeastern or national recruiter.

I mean if you want a national power program and all.

Jun 15, 2015, 11:17 PM

Maybe you missed SC recent run with in state players. As a tiger fan I hated every minute of it, but 3 straight CWS finals speaks for itself. Plus if we can't offer in state tuition like some of our rivals then we should focus on getting the best players in state first. Win recruiting battles in your back yard and then branch out regionally/nationally

Jun 16, 2015, 3:02 AM

All that really sounds great, but bobby Haney, Christian Walker, Jackie Bradley Jr and co were not all from SC. Roth was, but came to USC as more of a 1B who could also pitch. They asked him to give them a spot start go 5 innings and stay below 2 runs. They didn't know he'd become the best pitcher in CWS history. Had they had a clue they would've pitched him much sooner.

Clemson may have had more from sc last time they met at CWS.

I do not know. But apparently you have insider knowledge...

Jun 16, 2015, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: To imply that DRad took the lazy way out... ]

...of the coaching search? I was simply pointing out that no one outside of the administration knows who we reached out to, what they said, and why we apparently kept coming back to Monte Lee. Maybe it's for a reason. Not trying to start an argument, but if you have direct knowledge of CU not looking at coachs outside of SC, I and many others would love to hear it.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 26
| visibility 8,515
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic