Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe mandated quarantine needs lifting so millions of healthy can become immune..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,409

Maybe mandated quarantine needs lifting so millions of healthy can become immune..

Apr 19, 2020, 3:08 PM

now since we may have quarantined too late (since cases of flu in Dec-March might have been weak strains of COVID19 or strong individuals who survived it easily)..

or we quarantined too early without infecting millions more “healthy” individuals (who are now in hiding) so they’d have immunity..but hide the 65-100 yr olds & others with health issues who are more susceptible.

So, if we loosen quarantine soon without having many millions not immune, then it’s possible we have a new rash of infections in Oct & need to shut commerce (and Clemson football!) down again!

Saying, no one really knows so we are subject to speculation, lack of knowledge, fear, hope, rushing to get ahead of the medical curve, etc.

Hang on!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thought is quarantine needs lifting so millions of healthy can become immune..

Apr 19, 2020, 3:18 PM

seems the experts are saying we need another month to 6 weeks of this, and politicians and business leaders are pushing to loosen things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z3Rs7VMIs4

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thought is quarantine needs lifting so millions of healthy can become immune..

Apr 19, 2020, 3:36 PM

Baum.. you do realize "the experts" have no reason to lift the quarantine, ever. They are all salaried, with nice pensions and often their spouses are in similar positions.

We need more voices at the table. What good is it to save a life and destroy a living?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put this in video format so possibly you would understand.

Apr 19, 2020, 3:42 PM

Richard Dreyfuss is the expert, the shark is the virus, and Mayor Vaughn is your stupid post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya know, sometimes an avatar belies the

Apr 19, 2020, 3:54 PM

Brilliance of its' owner!

Of course, I'm into cow bell songs, so really, wth do I know? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2020, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Thought is quarantine needs lifting so millions of healthy can become immune.. ]

Yeah , without a doubt the medical experts and scientists aren't motivated by public health , it's their salaries that influence their decisions .

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 19, 2020, 4:20 PM

Can't disagree with you on that LBB. I may live in some utopian stratosphere where we could band together and become one for all, all for one but it would take a lot. Seeing how we've supposedly made billions of N95 mask, and could continue too, I have no problem in your theory... Just get me a supply and I'll hunker down unless I need to go to the grocery etc.

I would even go get a haircut if I had one. I can't count on others to wear face coverings. I'd also support restaurant take out or curb pickup if I would be convinced that the restaurant were following strict guidelines... But sadly that's not the case. there seems to be an uproar over letting Google smart phone tracking device. That works too. Saying, we've got to get peeps back to work and do it safely.

Think outside the box like Cuban is doing. Small business may have to adapt and not allow crowds. Companies that adapt will thrive, companies that want business as usual won't.

Car dealership and real estate figured it out. Use zoom and shop online, for customers that have to go to showroom, set it up like a doctor office, make them wear disposable masks in order to keep your employees safe.

Apologies for the extended post. There's some smart cookies on tnet that own business... They'll tell you how we can do it, not POTUS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2020, 4:26 PM

The numbers in Sweden have leveled, not that they ever got out of control. Presumably, their population now has a high degree of herd immunity. When this is all over, the data will show which approach was best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweden's results are diet-related...positively!

Apr 19, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to be thinking

Apr 19, 2020, 5:51 PM

Of the NEXT round of this virus. When this one is over with the real drama begins. Some of you don’t realize or refuse to accept how disastrous this entire thing is for everyone. We are just beginning.
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on what I posted!

Re: You need to be thinking

Apr 19, 2020, 5:57 PM

I hope that the leadership is in place to see us through this mess!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,409
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic