Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Gundy up next
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Mike Gundy up next

Jun 15, 2020, 4:08 PM

https://twitter.com/hubbard_rmn/status/1272601786449264642?s=21

Not good when your star player doesn’t like it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:16 PM

??

~JKB

Re: That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:20 PM

That is funny. That would go over well with the fishing buddies.

Is that a registered Stink Bait?

Jun 15, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing. ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gonna get one before I go with Furious again.........***

Jun 15, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing. ]

She has white privilege. That's a no.***

Jun 15, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing. ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Or that CNN Don Lemon t-shirt that says

Jun 15, 2020, 6:34 PM [ in reply to That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing. ]

"White Guys Matter. I Married One!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was "Butch" Maddow***

Jun 15, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to That’s why you always wear your Rachel Maddow shirt when you go out fishing. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s “Randall Maddow”

Jun 15, 2020, 8:28 PM

Dude has a SERIOUS Adams Apple!

Re: Mike Gundy up next

Jun 15, 2020, 4:18 PM

It will be interesting to see if Skip and Shannon drag Dabo into this one as well somehow. I wouldn't put it past them.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:24 PM

What is OAN and why is it offensive?

One America Network

Jun 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

It’s only offensive if you are a Lefty who “Triggers” very easily. They report facts.

It is "Pro" Trump, which naturally means it is anti-Democrat

Jun 15, 2020, 4:37 PM

which means per Joe Biden it is anti-Black American, because if you are Black, per Biden, you MUST vote Democratic. I guess that is why this player has his Chubb in an uproar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is "Pro" Trump, which naturally means it is anti-Democrat

Jun 15, 2020, 7:44 PM

Hahahah!!!

Re: One America Network

Jun 15, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to One America Network ]

Most would...disagree. Strongly. OAN is considered absolutely wingnut by most observers. Cable news in general - from CNN to Fox News - does not get high marks from most objective news observers like PolitiFact, mediabiasfactcheck, or Snopes, but OAN gets particularly putrid reviews.

Mediabiasfactcheck.com sums them up as following:

Overall, we rate One America News Questionable based on far-right bias, lack of sourcing, promotion of conspiracy theories, and propaganda as well as numerous failed fact checks. OAN is not a credible news source.

They then go on to list numerous failed fact checks, in detail. All told, that's about as...crushing a review as a media source can get.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-america-news-network/

Jun 15, 2020, 5:51 PM

That's weird. MediaBiasFactCheckers.com comes up as:

Note: RUSSIA COLLUSION, is apparently not rated as a Conspiracy Theory for some reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 15, 2020, 5:55 PM

Really? Because they don't give CNN very good marks either, and have dinged them for some failed fact checks and too much partisan bias as well.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

Jun 15, 2020, 6:04 PM

it's interesting that you jump to CNN, but at any rate your MediaBiasCheck.com buddies don't accuse CNN of promoting conspiracy theories. Nowhere on that page. So, my assertion stands and your motion is denied.

And I'll make another assertion: all the "fact check" sites are BS. ALL OF THEM. Everyone lies to support their side. Gone are the days when you could just trust the media. Is sucks because now it's hard work getting to the truth. There is no easy way out, no short cut. You have check out every piece of information yourself. You have to do yourself what the so-called "fact checkers" say they are doing. Because of that "bias of omission" thing, where the MSM kills stories and hides the truth from you, you now have to look at sites you never would have before. They may exaggerate, and they may go over the top about some things, but they may be the only ones that actually address true events that actually happen. When the National Enquirer is breaking stories that the MSM won't, and they turn out to be true, that's a sign.

One thing about the Trump Era, the masks have come off. News channels used to be able to sit there and tell you "And that's the way it is." They could claim they are neutral. They could claim that they don't choose sides. All that is gone now. It's open information warfare and media outlets are determined to use their platform to sway public opinion - not just report news.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 15, 2020, 6:19 PM

Yes, the far right does a very good job right now of selling nihilism, the notion that there is no truth, just spin, no moral high ground, just sides and we are all somehow complicit.

Except it isn't true. There are plenty of people who pride themselves on discerning truth, and who continue to speak it. The nihilists are simply trying to drown them out.

Almost all of the Alt-Right media originated after 2010. It's not hard to figure out where this all-out assault on truth is coming from.

Jun 15, 2020, 6:25 PM

There you go again.

I'm not saying there is no truth (and you know it), I'm saying the media lies to you. You can't accept what is being spoon-fed to you, you have to work to find out the truth.

Or don't. I guess that's easier.

Jun 15, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: One America Network ]

........and there’s the racist card. Way to go. Doesn’t have anything at all to do with the advent of social media does it? The fact that people were no longer chained to the MSM? It has to be racist because Obama. And what does the term alt right mean? Ben Shapiro? Jordan Peterson? Who is it? OAN? Just keep believing the BS the MSM spits at you. You will know nothing.

Jun 16, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: One America Network ]

Quozz, you must feel like Joe From Idiocracy. My advice would be to give it up in here, mouth breathers gonna mouth breath.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nowadays, I don't see how anyone can use the words "Media"

Jun 15, 2020, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: One America Network ]

and "Fact Checkers" together in the same sentence with a straight face. It is lewdicrust.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy up next ]

It's a kooky far right network that likes to marginalize the BLM movement at times. Fox is a left wing source in comparison. Chuba Hubbard is way out of line though. He is being ridiculous.

It's a new conspiracy theory site

Jun 15, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy up next ]

They promoted a story that the novel coronavirus was created in a lab in North Carolina.
They are harmless to most of us. Pretty dangerous to feeble minds that think their reporting is factual.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

Kind of surprised Mr. Hubbard isn't upset with the camouflage hat and mullet too.
But seriously, he obviously knows the coach well. Why NOW is this a problem?! Seems like he is making a little much of a t-shirt that promotes a cable station.

Jun 15, 2020, 6:17 PM

The problem was that Gundy wasn't too afraid to wear that shirt.
He needs to be afraid.
He will be made to be as afraid as those absolutely terrified and oppressed by his t-shirt.

Jun 15, 2020, 4:34 PM

Next it will be a fan wore a wrong color pair of shoes to a game so I’m not playing. Getting Ridiculous!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This woke - cancel culture is going to ruin a lot of stuff

Jun 15, 2020, 4:40 PM

Why is it okay to persecute people for political beliefs? Would Chubba be ok if Gundy was wearing an NBC shirt?

Re: This woke - cancel culture is going to ruin a lot of stuff

Jun 15, 2020, 4:46 PM

They aren't really comparable to be honest. OAN is way out there. Either way, Chuba must have had an off relation with Gundy if that shirt will set him off enough to possibly quit the team. Something is off imo.

Didn’t OAN push the conspiracy that the coronavirus

Jun 15, 2020, 4:47 PM

Was from a lab in North Carolina and created in order to displace Trump?

video? While we wait, didnt CNN push for 3 yrs the conspircy

Jun 15, 2020, 4:52 PM

theory that Trump colluded with Russia? 24/7 for 3 yrs at that

Which is worse?

Didnt they also hand the democratic oppoenent the debate questions?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: video? While we wait, didnt CNN push for 3 yrs the conspircy

Jun 15, 2020, 5:08 PM

We never found if he did or did not. I agree though that they did push an agenda. MSNBC was worse. They were just chomping at the bit. Anyway, the debate question thing is far more egregious.

Re: This woke - cancel culture is going to ruin a lot of stuff

Jun 15, 2020, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: This woke - cancel culture is going to ruin a lot of stuff ]

Oh and MSNBC and CNN are Not WAY OUT THERE. To quote DEMENTIA JOE, “Come on Man”!

yeah its no secret that oan is conservative

Jun 15, 2020, 5:01 PM

more so than faux news channel...but lets not act like cnn is center left as well..they praised riots then now saying that trump holding a rally is dangerous..there is not one shred of fairness in their reporting either

It's common knowledge that the danger level varies

Jun 15, 2020, 5:17 PM

depending on the type of rally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because some people's beliefs are more important than

Jun 15, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to This woke - cancel culture is going to ruin a lot of stuff ]

others.

BLM shirt > OAN shirt

LOL change your political idealogy or ill boycott

Jun 15, 2020, 4:43 PM

we live in clown world

Re: LOL change your political idealogy or ill boycott

Jun 15, 2020, 4:48 PM

Mainly, clown America as the world sees it

Re: LOL change your political idealogy or ill boycott

Jun 15, 2020, 6:27 PM

TigersOnHill, that's the d_ _ n truth. Our country has become a laughing stock for others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a scary clown

Jun 15, 2020, 4:59 PM [ in reply to LOL change your political idealogy or ill boycott ]

no longer a slippery slope, its a drop-off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Gundy up next- well lets dont wait for wearing

Jun 15, 2020, 4:44 PM

Lets go through people's clothes at home and find something to be offended by. Why wait till the last minute

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This all began years ago when people started getting

Jun 15, 2020, 4:53 PM

offended by a multitude of things that most would consider the "Small Stuff"....for instance, banning Taco Tuesdays.............I mean, we had "Italian night" for years.....For the life of me, I cannot see how Taco Tuesdays is racist, insensitive,bullying,etc. Yet, one person made a complaint and the school bowed down in response. So, now it has progressed to where you cannot wear a t-shirt with a TV symbol on it?

Re: This all began years ago when people started getting

Jun 15, 2020, 4:55 PM

PC nonsense jumped the shark probably 10 years go. I am a moderate liberal, but I am so tired of it too.

If Bill Clinton ran for President today, he would be

Jun 15, 2020, 5:03 PM

considered a conservative....of course, he would never get the nod because the liberals...real liberals of today would blast him to kingdom come for his abuse of women....

It's your party's downfall.

Jun 15, 2020, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: This all began years ago when people started getting ]

It lost me when they projected a rainbow over the White House.

Remember when Clemson (sorry for the use of a racist word)

Jun 15, 2020, 5:20 PM [ in reply to This all began years ago when people started getting ]

Dining Services had to issue an apology for Taco night in Harcombe?

Reign of Terror style horrors are on deck.

Jun 15, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Gundy up next- well lets dont wait for wearing ]

Better be prepared to prove you've never had an anti-black/pro-white/conservative/all life matters thought in your life.

I'm disposing of my framed print of Tillman Hall as we speak.

Chuba is from Canada — Shouldn’t he be concerned about

Jun 15, 2020, 4:55 PM

His “Soy Boy” Prime Minister Justin “Blackface” Trudeau.

Will take Hubbard over Gundy anyday

Jun 15, 2020, 4:58 PM

Way to standup Chubba

Re: Will take Hubbard over Gundy anyday

Jun 15, 2020, 8:20 PM

Hubbard can go back to Canada and Gundy can vote for who he wants to lead our country. You can also vote for who you want if a citizen of the USA. Why you are intolerant of all our 1st Amendment rights shows your devious tendencies.

So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a

Jun 15, 2020, 5:00 PM

legitimate conservative cable TV news network logo on it. I guess Chuba Hubbard (who is Canadian) has never heard of freedom of speech much less diversity of thought. Maybe snowflake Hubbard should take a class on the US Constitution to broaden his narrow view that freedom of speech also includes the right of others to speak and offer viewpoints you may not agree with.

Star player or not, if I was Gundy, I would not pander to Hubbard's immature social media temper tantrum. If Hubbard decides not to play for Oklahoma State so be it - let him sit out a year to go elsewhere or quit school and turn pro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only way gundy can redeem himself

Jun 15, 2020, 5:02 PM

is vote straight dem in november and donate all of his salary for the year to planned parenthood and other liberal orgs

Re: So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a

Jun 15, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a ]

What gets me is why would you not go to him man to man and ask him about it? Even if he used aboot for about I'm sure Gundy could hear him out and follow the discussion. No there is some other issue simmering here to get this reaction.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the players are getting behind Hubbard

Jun 15, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a ]

Almost none of them are supporting Gundy right now. Doesn’t seem like he has nearly the support from players that Dabo has.

This could become an Iowa situation with stories coming out

Is my Weather Channel shirt safe to wear?***

Jun 15, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a ]

No. Hurricane evacuations are conspiracies***

Jun 15, 2020, 5:23 PM

Re: So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a

Jun 16, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to So... now it is unacceptable to wear a T-shirt with a ]

Why is it that right wingers conflate "freedom of speech" and "freedom of speech with no repercussions of said speech".

Gundy is free to wear that T-shirt if he wants. Just like his players are free to not play for him because of said T-shirt.

Well, there goes Oklahoma State's national title hopes

Jun 15, 2020, 5:04 PM

this year.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Well, there goes Oklahoma State's national title hopes

Jun 15, 2020, 5:09 PM

Will you be the first one to 100k?

I think deadsolidperfect will get there before I do***

Jun 15, 2020, 5:11 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think deadsolidperfect will get there before I do***

Jun 15, 2020, 5:13 PM

^^^picks up the tab for dsp

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, there goes Oklahoma State's national title hopes

Jun 15, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Well, there goes Oklahoma State's national title hopes ]

OU supporters are already fanning the flames on this issue like UofSC and OSU fans are with Dabo. Of course, they want the player to transfer to OU.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

LOL...I will not stand for this...lol

Jun 15, 2020, 5:26 PM

Then sit you @$$ down then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL...I will not stand for this... you played soccer

Jun 15, 2020, 6:35 PM

at Clemson as I recall. Can you imagine pulling this with Coach Ibrahim?

Oh absolutely not !!!!

Jun 17, 2020, 4:49 PM

Coach Ibrahim would chew your a$$ out faster a $5.00 wh0re on Saturday night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I wonder if he would have went pro and the teams owner

Jun 15, 2020, 5:36 PM

Wore a shirt of no significance that casts news unlike what he prefers. I have absolutely no doubt that he would hold to his standards(sarcasm loaded) and not report to camp and boycott the upcoming nfl season....right?..or maybe it just might not matter like it shouldn’t matter . Ridiculous

Jun 15, 2020, 6:34 PM

BUT BUT BUT HE'S A MAN!!!! HE'S 52!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist!!!...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 6:36 PM

When does support for a president turn into this? Just because I have a political view shouldn’t make someone ostracized

Is Chuba a Canadian?

Jun 15, 2020, 6:41 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Is Chuba a Canadian?

Jun 15, 2020, 8:25 PM

Yes, he’s a Canuck. I would love to see Grundy stand his ground on this. And Chubsa can take his A$$ back to Saskatchewan!

"Afternoon was a success"

Jun 15, 2020, 7:41 PM

LOL, GUESS NOT !

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic