Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring

May 21, 2018, 12:23 PM

Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring

Clemson, S.C.—Quarterback Hunter Johnson has decided to transfer from the Clemson football program. Head Coach Dabo Swinney made the announcement on Monday afte Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I appreciate the mutual repect in these statements. Go get em Hunter!!***

May 21, 2018, 12:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Do we know which relative is ill ?

May 21, 2018, 12:42 PM

Newspring outreach committee wants to send some soup.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we know which relative is ill ?

May 21, 2018, 12:44 PM

It's his mom. She has a really bad sunburn. Though and prayers out for her skin.

Re: Do we know which relative is ill ?

May 21, 2018, 12:51 PM

skin- its the body's largest organ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skin largest organ on you maybe.. not me ??

May 21, 2018, 9:12 PM

Jkb

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, your largest organ

May 21, 2018, 9:18 PM

is skinless?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, your largest organ

May 21, 2018, 10:15 PM

Re: TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring

May 21, 2018, 12:51 PM

Purdue will come out of their 20 year slumber with this kid running the show...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 8:11 PM

He is a first class talent. Wish he were staying, but if he can't be"The Man", I guess he wanted to somewhere he thinks he can be. I am glad we have who we have. IMO, TL and HJ were our best QB's. I wish him the best, and I'm sure we will be okay, too. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:56 PM

Thank you so much for being apart of Clemson Hunter!!!! We all will be cheering you on. We are grateful we had you as backup last year.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 21, 2018, 1:47 PM

Ditto to Hunter - ALL THE BEST and thanks for being a Tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:59 PM

Good luck to you Hunter, you will make your future school very happy! Best wishes and you will always be a tiger in my eyes!

I don’t blame HJ. With TL here and Taisun committing for 2019...

May 21, 2018, 1:14 PM

The QB spot is going to be locked up for a while barring injury. Best of luck to a great kid.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hunter should play for Arkansas

May 21, 2018, 1:26 PM

Fun and gun all day with Chad Morris

Re: Hunter should play for Arkansas

May 21, 2018, 8:12 PM

"The Chad" could use a talent like HJ.

He's going to be a really good one for somebody. I wish him

May 21, 2018, 1:35 PM

the best. Thanks for choosing Clemson.

A class act I wish we’d seen more of last year ...

May 21, 2018, 1:40 PM

Nonetheless, I expect he will be a 1st round NFL pick with continued hard work and maturity, Best wishes young man and thanks for signing with Clemson.

What a class act! Looking forward to pulling for him..

May 21, 2018, 1:58 PM

wherever he lands, unless it is Michigan.

Re: What a class act! Looking forward to pulling for him..

May 21, 2018, 3:09 PM

I feel like we lost a very important part of our FBT with losing Hunter, and I also will pull for his success any where he goes except to the coots, Bama, UGA, Michigan, or any ACC school that plays against us!!! But I do feel that it was a mistake letting that young man get away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a class act! Looking forward to pulling for him..

May 21, 2018, 4:22 PM

I feel like we lost a very important part of our FBT with losing Hunter, and I also will pull for his success any where he goes except to the coots, Bama, UGA, Michigan, or any ACC school that plays against us!!! But I do feel that it was a mistake letting that young man get away.

Negative... Probably wasn't going to play over Trevor...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 2:02 PM

I figured a transfer was coming, but I honestly thought it would be Chase Brice... It’s a shame, I felt Hunter played the best of the four in the Spring Game... The positive is, hopefully this means Trevor will get the nod as starter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 3:15 PM

Well one thing is clear, we can't afford to keep losing Elite QB's because we have an option QB in the way bc he has been a Tiger longer!!! Some aren't going to be thrilled that this is point blank, but it is the truth IMHO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 4:09 PM

I couldn't agree more. We've traded a top-flight QB for KB. Huh??? This will definitely come back to bite us.

May 21, 2018, 4:30 PM

You both are f o s if you don’t like the way dabo coaches then hit the door. The coots will welcome you both

May 21, 2018, 6:56 PM

?? to armsb!
ALL IN means ALL IN!!!!
The job of the fans is to SUPPORT the team and coaches.
GO TIGERS!!!!

May 23, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring ]

I've got to agree.

Classy all the way around.***

May 21, 2018, 2:37 PM

I'm not surprised i knew he going to transferring

May 21, 2018, 2:38 PM

I'm not surprised i knew he going to transferring Because Dabo Swinney didn't give him a chance.. Dabo is fault and the staff is out of control

Re: I'm not surprised i knew he going to transferring

May 21, 2018, 2:51 PM

wow, great English

May 21, 2018, 4:12 PM

I prefer the incorrect English to the colossal stupidity of letting an elite QB slip away in favor of a guy who could probably be a good WR, but will never be an elite QB. We'll pay for this idiocy.

May 21, 2018, 4:31 PM

FGF is that way coot >>>>

May 21, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to I'm not surprised i knew he going to transferring ]

Says the cooter!!! You will really see out of control come November 24th. Mustcoot will be totally out of control and claiming he was disrespect bc Dabo run up the score. But honestly, the 4th and 5th string players want to score regardless of us being 6 or 7 TD's ahead!!!

May 21, 2018, 3:54 PM

Why is Notre Dame not being mentioned? Do they not take transfers at all? Certainly a more attractive Indiana option than Purdue or close to Indiana Northwestern.

But no big surprise here- I think we all knew at heart he was gone after TL signed. Stars want to play.

So here's my crazy "What if..." Imagine if Dabo had Saban's cojones and played Hunter in the second half of the Bama game. What if he tore them up looking unstoppable and he was the presumed starter going into this year? Might TL have reconsidered his commitment? If not, what if Hunter started this coming year and won it all? Surely TL would have transferred then.

Losing one of those two was inevitable and I think we're where we need to be.

May 21, 2018, 4:16 PM

Hunter would have a great backup to Trevor, and very near his talent level. Oh great, now we have KB, who will god help us, be our starter.

May 21, 2018, 4:21 PM

IMHO God will make another choice-sorry Kelly.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring ]

dgcannon39 said:

Hunter would have a great backup to Trevor, and very near his talent level. Oh great, now we have KB, who will god help us, be our starter.

What did you expect? A 5 star who may have the skills to make it to the next level sit on the bench for the next two years not going to happen. If I was Hunter I would have left if I knew I was not the starter you can't blame the guy. We are still in good shape. Trevor I think will start before the year is out and we have KB to back him up and if KB starts we are still in good shape. Chase is capable of leading this team to wins just like KB did last year and then we have a stud coming in next year. If two of our QB's go down to injury then we may have a problem but I feel good Christian Wilkins can get the job done.

May 21, 2018, 4:57 PM

Ohio State won a championship with their 3rd string QB. Chase Brice is good enough to do it for us, if we need him to.

The "what if" game...

May 21, 2018, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring ]

What if KB had gotten the pass off and hit Ray-Ray for an easy six?
What if those two passes had hit the ground instead of being deflected right into the hands of Alabama defenders?
What if Tee Higgins hadn't been hurt early?
What if Deon Cain hadn't dropped a key 3rd down pass?

Bad luck happens. It was a defensive struggle where everything went Bama's way.

But if we're going to play the "what if" game, what if Wisconsin had beaten Ohio State, eliminating Alabama from the playoffs?

Hurts struggled against Auburn, so Saban considered replacing him. KB had his two best games against SC and Miami, so Dabo didn't. The game went from 10-6 with us driving for the lead to down 24-6 in two offensive plays. The way Bama's defense was playing and with Tee Higgins hurt, I don't think Tom Brady would have made a difference, much less an inconsistent freshman.

Re: The "what if" game...

May 21, 2018, 7:21 PM

Go home Coot.

Your IQ is showing

KB stunk up that game.

Hunter could have and would have done better.

Re: The "what if" game...

May 21, 2018, 9:06 PM

I guess you didn’t see the pass int on Higgins and the pick six ?? Moron much

May 21, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring ]

Not sure I’ve ever heard of a QB transferring TO Notre Dame.

May 21, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney's comments on Hunter Johnson transferring ]

Its tech an acc school so he'd lose a year of playing time

This is about TL not KB

May 21, 2018, 4:55 PM

This has nothing to do with KB. KB is a senior. You don't transfer as a sophomore because you're stuck behind a senior, because that would be stupid. So stop the KB bashing.

My guess is that HJ had fallen behind TL on the depth chart and possibly CB as well. If you're a sophomore stuck behind two freshmen, then it makes sense to transfer.

He'll light up the B1G.

Re: This is about TL not KB

May 21, 2018, 7:19 PM

How did he fall behind when Dabo said we could win with all four of them. He also said that the least talented would be the starter so that means KB would be the starter.

So is all about KB

I suffer from short

May 21, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to This is about TL not KB ]

Memory. I only remember the Bama game. That’s the one the Clemson offense didn’t score a touchdown for four quarters. You lose games such as that and, hopefully prepare for it NOT happening again.

Is this a serious post????***

May 25, 2022, 4:19 PM [ in reply to This is about TL not KB ]

hoping for the best for this young man

May 21, 2018, 10:12 PM

Anyone ever get the feeling that he might end up making a great pro one day?

What a great young man! Sorry it didn't work out at Clemson

May 21, 2018, 10:26 PM

I hope he has a great career and future. I'll always be a Hunter Johnson fan.

May 27, 2018, 4:09 PM

I believe that every Clemson fan should track Hunter Johnson's career, and pull for him wherever he ends up (unless he goes to Alabama or something). :)

Johnson was remarkably patient and selfless, and although he may have been privately frustrated, not once did I ever read an unkind word he said about Clemson, Bryant, or anything else associated with the organisation.

From everything I see, Johnson is a future NFL prospect, perhaps even a future NFL starter, and was the consummate team player - my only wish is that he had transferred before he got enough playing time last year so that he wouldn't have to sit out a season.

Thank you, Hunter Johnson - you're a gentleman of grace and class.

May 27, 2018, 4:17 PM

PS - I'm not sure what all the subsequent comments were in this thread I started:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Should-Hunter-Johnson-Transfer-22606656

but I promise everyone that I'm me. :)

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic