Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
why I think the ACC doesnt want the ACCCG in Greenville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

why I think the ACC doesnt want the ACCCG in Greenville

May 23, 2019, 12:46 PM

they know that our fans will actually show up in big numbers. whereas in Durham even the UNC/DUKE/NCstate fans barely show up. same if it was in Florida, FSU fans would show up in big numbers. Also I imagine SWoffy doesn't want his precious Tobacco road fanbases to get shown up by little old Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why I think the ACC doesnt want the ACCCG in Greenville

May 23, 2019, 12:49 PM

Greensboro and Greenville I believe are the two finalist for bidding for next year's tournament.

I'm not sure what is taken into account but Mike Martin will be gone from FSU and by all accounts he was the reason that Greenville lost the tournament in the first place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is my understanding that Molasses Martin at FSU

May 23, 2019, 12:49 PM

complained to the ACC office that Greenville was too much of an advantage for Clemson. At the time, FSU was relevant, so he got his way.

Now, he is retiring. So, Greenville has put in a bid for it again. Hope we get it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I would pay to go see it in Greenville.

May 23, 2019, 12:52 PM

May even pay to watch other teams play...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the past, I have driven over to Clemson to see

May 23, 2019, 12:59 PM

the other teams in Clemson's regionals. I assuredly would take a few days off to see the ACC tournament in Greenville that is less than 15 miles from my house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I would pay to go see it in Greenville.

May 24, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to I would pay to go see it in Greenville. ]

Has anyone heard who is the new FSU baseball coach , since Martin retired ???

Re: It is my understanding that Molasses Martin at FSU

May 23, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to It is my understanding that Molasses Martin at FSU ]

After retirement, Martin will still be hanging out nearby FSU with juice still remaining in his juice card even as retired!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to It is my understanding that Molasses Martin at FSU ]

Just nonsense they should have listened to his sour grapes. I take great delight in him most likely have most college WS appearances w/o winning it. Sadly the tigers have made many empty trips there too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to It is my understanding that Molasses Martin at FSU ]

How ANYONE can endorse a venue where the attendance is in the HUNDREDS of fans is a bunch of malarkey....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB&T park in Charlotte would be a perfect venue

May 23, 2019, 1:10 PM

Durham is not quite to the level of Charlotte.

They want the money to stay in North Carolina. Period.***

May 23, 2019, 1:50 PM

Re: They want the money to stay in North Carolina. Period.***

May 23, 2019, 2:18 PM

I heard it was down to Greenville or Greensboro but the latter has backed-out. Now I hear that Jacksonville has entered the bidding war from out of nowhere!

Pretty sure the ACCCG is in Charlotte.

May 23, 2019, 1:58 PM

It's the ACC Baseball Tourney they're looking to move.

HTH

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I don't get why they don't move baseball to Charlotte as

May 23, 2019, 3:26 PM

well.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic