Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We interrupt this program to bring you....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,284

We interrupt this program to bring you....

Oct 8, 2013, 10:54 PM

Clowney live press conference? Did anyone else find that just nuts? Sitting there watching John Ceserech giving the weather then it says we interrupt this program to bring you a live presentation: Then we see Clowney sitting there in front of all the microphones. What is he...the president?!

Did anyone else find this to be crazy?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We interrupt this program to bring you....

Oct 8, 2013, 11:01 PM

There isn't another state in the country that would have given such high priority to such meaningless drivel BUT, after dedicating an official day to an injured running back, I'm not surprised.

Very odd. I honestly thought it was a glitch and it just

Oct 8, 2013, 11:03 PM

switched over to an upcoming sports segment. They didn't even go back to John! What is the weather tomorrow? I still don't know!

Re: Very odd. I honestly thought it was a glitch and it just

Oct 9, 2013, 12:25 AM

Rainy and 60 in cootlumbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sign of the times. Money manipulated media. They're

Oct 8, 2013, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: We interrupt this program to bring you.... ]

having a Supreme Court case about it right now. It's couched in "political donations" lingo but everyone knows it's about buying media time and favors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We interrupt this program to bring you....***

Oct 8, 2013, 11:07 PM

Is there a link, my bad***

Oct 8, 2013, 11:08 PM

Oct 8, 2013, 11:37 PM

The sports guy is a coot fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You can't spell PENIS without ESPN!!!"

WYFF is absolutely nuts. In a time of government shutdown

Oct 8, 2013, 11:37 PM

and pending default on the national debt, they led with the Clowney debacle for 5 minutes to open their 11:00 PM broadcast, then replayed it as the first story on the sports segment. You would never that their station manager is a SCU grad, would you. SCU spending lots of money to advertise on WYFF too. I recommend a more credible and informative station.

Yep, because with 24 hour news channels, 24 hour talk

Oct 8, 2013, 11:42 PM

radio, the Internet, and the nightly news, I don't believe the govn't shutdown is being covered enough. When I tune into the local news, I am prepared to hear state stories and how many people were shot in Spartanburg tonight. The last thing I want to see is more crap about the govn't shutdown. Besides, I believe they have a National news segment that gets into all of that.

The airwaves are covered up with sports talk shows beating

Oct 8, 2013, 11:57 PM

the Clowney thing to death all day long. Show local news in the news times, wrecks, shootings, robberies, whatever. They have a sports segment for people who did something as noteworthy as deciding they did not want to play in a game. Tajh threw for a record 455 yards on Satutday, but that won't get him head billing on the newscast. They want characters for their headlines, not men with character,

Oct 9, 2013, 12:33 AM

a three year college FB player at usuc that still can't read or write. But don't worry, he will still graduate with a 3.0 GPA in African<>American studies. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2013, 1:51 AM

Must be taking online courses from unc

hey

Oct 9, 2013, 1:17 AM

Let em have that media attention cause its all they gonna get this year, not near the positive media attention we have gotten so far, and yet to have! Let the coots sulk while they watch ESPN preview us on every program this coming week! Them getting the (to me) negative media attention is perfectly fine, sure beats them getting the overrated publicity they have been getting! No fear of the thumb coots! Sick of hearing that crap.

It's called damage control....

Oct 9, 2013, 7:51 AM

and raises suspecion that Clowney may be receiving advise from an agent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The news stations goal is not to bring you the news,

Oct 9, 2013, 8:44 AM

but to sell advertising. They want the most viewers on their channel, to increase the price of their advertising. Thus, they will put on whatever brings the most viewers.

What? This can't be. I thought the news along the coast

Oct 9, 2013, 9:06 AM

told us about Hurricanes headed towards Iceland 3 weeks in advance because they cared about our safety.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they messed that up, didn't they. 1/2 of their viewership

Oct 9, 2013, 9:11 AM [ in reply to The news stations goal is not to bring you the news, ]

is now ticked-off, and it's probably more than 50 % pro-clemson in the channel 4 viewing area. dumb #### move on their part.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they messed that up, didn't they. 1/2 of their viewership

Oct 9, 2013, 10:18 AM

It was the lead on Sportscenter too. A lot of people are interested in this story. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic