Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daughter just called from Myrtle Beach & out driving trying to find monstrous wind & rain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Daughter just called from Myrtle Beach & out driving trying to find monstrous wind & rain

Sep 15, 2018, 9:33 PM

Saying..weather people & government may have over-reacted for the Myrtle Beach area since so close to Wilmington area but necessary too due to lives & legal fault.

Still, so glad that particular beach area seems to have been spared, so far.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Daughter just called from Myrtle Beach & out driving trying to find monstrous wind & rain

Sep 15, 2018, 9:34 PM

It was fake news for SC. Only NC seems somewhat affected in low lying areas or near creeks/rivers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Daughter just called from Myrtle Beach & out driving trying to find monstrous wind & rain

Sep 15, 2018, 9:38 PM

I live 25 minutes from NMB. Matthew was much worse than Florence. I agree the NC coast got hit really hard but not so much here.

Florence was worse than Matthew where I am near Ft Bragg

Sep 16, 2018, 2:08 PM

Very little power in my town. Signal lights are even still out, not even blinking on big roads. One stretch of hwy has power. A few restaurants and a couple gas stations are open. No repair trucks yet. Neighboring counties were under water during Matthew, and I imagine they will be under water again. Takes a couple of days for the rivers to crest and flood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a section of I-95 under water

Sep 16, 2018, 2:20 PM

and is expected to be closed until Sept 26th. That's bad news for 1000's of homes in the flood path.

https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regional/portion-of-i-95-in-lumberton-closed-due-to-flooding/1449172041

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had some disastrous leaves and pine needles

Sep 15, 2018, 9:43 PM

Sep 15, 2018, 9:44 PM

I guess you saw the clip where that Weather Channei clown was pretending like he was about to be blown off his feet while a couple of guys calmly strolled through the shot behind him.

Sep 16, 2018, 3:38 PM

Its the floppy rainsuits. TWC annoys the check out of me. I find myself wishing the wind would pick them up and blow them away. It seems that is what they want.

Sep 15, 2018, 9:48 PM

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/florence-topples-trees-knocks-out-power-around-charlotte-region/834482199

Only an hour and a half away from you....all of the worse stuff is in the north part of the storm...that's mostly coming in tonight and tomorrow.

Sep 15, 2018, 9:51 PM

They didn’t overreact. Have you seen what it did to Wilmington?

Myrtle Beach got lucky.

Sep 15, 2018, 9:57 PM

Myrtle Beach pretty much got the lower part and the eye....the worse north part never touched them.

let me break this down for you folks

Sep 15, 2018, 9:57 PM

I had some very very wet leaves and even small limbs fall on my driveway today. VERY wet. This is NOT good. I usually do not use my blower until Monday afternoon. MONDAY! This has been a devistating storm. I will never get those 10 minutes back. NEVER!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let me break this down for you folks

Sep 15, 2018, 10:05 PM

This is absolutely sad that you guys are making fun of the storm. It's dropped 30 inches of rain and flooded Swansboro, NC...flooded Wilmington....was taking down trees in Charlotte that have fallen on houses. A woman and her infant child lost their lives by a fallen tree from the storm, and the husband/father had to find out in the hospital while his own injuries are being treated. 12 people already confirmed dead....and BTW, the worse part hasn't even gotten to the upstate area yet.

Get over yourself. The joke is the coverage.

Sep 15, 2018, 10:12 PM

The news is intentionally misleading people for ratings. It's not the "storm of a lifetime." The headlines are ridiculously hyperbolic.

Is severe weather happening? Yes.
Is it dangerous and should be taken seriously? In several places in North Carolina, yes.

But the news is full of ****. The consistently oversell weather news because it helps their bottom line.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get over yourself. The joke is the coverage.

Sep 15, 2018, 10:15 PM

That might be because it went from Cat 4 Hurricane to Cat 1 and stalled when it hit landfall. They can't predict that type of weakening. When they said that, it was a Cat 4 and strengtheing to only 4-5 mph winds shy of a Cat 5. Hugo for reference was a Cat 4. This thing weakened to a Cat 1 before it landed.

They have lied at every step of the way.

Sep 15, 2018, 10:19 PM

I'm not talking about their bad predictions. I am talking about their total indifference to reality. They are solely concerned about perception.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article218461770.html

And it's not just this storm. It happens all the time. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? Well.... that lesson should be applied here.

Re: They have lied at every step of the way.

Sep 15, 2018, 10:23 PM

Yeah, I've seen that crap coverage...agreed on people pulling that crap. But people making fun of not getting something or having wet leaves, I'm sure that widowed guy would love to trade places with the areas that haven't even gotten the worse side of it....yet. It's just now hitting Charlotte with the worse areas., and we've had trees falling all day in the lighter stuff from the winds. Just saying, don't forget, some of even Clemson fans can live in the areas that were actually being affected. Be sensitive.

I'm in CLT

Sep 16, 2018, 3:25 PM

Nothing but rain . The way the news media portrayed this storm is silly. Runs on bottled water - our neighbors moved all their heavy wire mesh patio furniture inside, etc. Very close to downtown. Wall - to - wall news coverage of sticks in the road, etc. Large trees come down almost every storm in our neighborhood, same with this one. #hyperbolesells #knowthemediabusinessmodel

Sep 16, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: They have lied at every step of the way. ]

Just like this Clemson fan and his family that were mandatory evacuated for good reason. Most of my neighborhood is without power and parts are flooded and trees and down everywhere. While I do agree the coverage is laughable at times, this is still a very serious storm for all of eastern NC. Many won’t have homes to come home to and others have severe damage which means that they will be displaced for quite some time while their houses get repaired. Many of the roads are washed out cutting our area off from the rest of NC and the water levels are still expected to rise until Tuesday timeframe causing even more damage throughout our area. So while the coverage is a joke. This storm is not and it is causing historical damage and flooding to our area

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 12:19 PM

The tail end of Florence that rolled through the NE part of South Carolina was the final straw. Most of the roads were okay around the Loris and Conway area until last night. It was a torrential downpour for a few hours with constant tornado warnings. Downtown Conway is a mess and many roads have been washed out. So please allow me to correct myself from previous post. This wasn't quite as bad as Matthew in my area, but it's still pretty darn bad. May be worse for some folks depending on location. I don't think the power outages are quite as widespread but that's the only plus here.

Sep 15, 2018, 9:58 PM

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feuerstein.5/videos/1217377008402488/?hc_ref=ARQBx2A40QV5ZEG2UiK18-tv8CYVXbIElmcmoL2sCHdtWZQKvTG3KuspE6-yF7pKPig&__xts__

He could have a career at The Weather Channel***

Sep 15, 2018, 10:00 PM

The news is full of ****. That's it.***

Sep 15, 2018, 10:01 PM

Re: The news is full of ****. That's it.***

Sep 15, 2018, 10:06 PM

Yeah. The news stretches the truth. I realize everything to north of us got hit pretty hard. But the news does some shady stuff. Like this picture of Anderson Cooper standing in a ditch to make flood water look deeper than it really is.

And I am not making fun of anything. There is absolutely nothing funny about the people run out of their home or for anyone that lost there lives.

Message was edited by: Phenomize®

Don't forget this gem

Sep 15, 2018, 10:12 PM

Sep 16, 2018, 8:08 AM [ in reply to The news is full of ****. That's it.*** ]

THAT Is your opinion!! Be thankful for the news coverage. The attitude of some posters is downright sad. I seriously doubt anyone who endured Hugo, Matthew or any other recent storm is viewing matters in any manner but relief.

Sep 16, 2018, 1:56 PM

"THAT Is your opinion!! Be thankful for the news coverage. The attitude of some posters is downright sad. I seriously doubt anyone who endured Hugo, Matthew or any other recent storm is viewing matters in any manner but relief."

To his credit, the local news outlets along with Mikes Weather Page were more accurate in giving factual information. I steered away from TWC. I endured Hugo, Matthew, and now Florence. Fortunately, I was not affected as bad some others. My heart goes out to those that were hit hard and now dealing with the aftermath. It looks like areas all around me are just starting to experience the heavy flooding and that is going to continue as the rivers rise. Just hope this rain moves out soon. Anyway, my point was that, the National media always seem to care more about the ratings.

Message was edited by: Phenomize®

Sep 16, 2018, 8:51 AM [ in reply to The news is full of ****. That's it.*** ]

Yep, the Weather Channel and other left wing media outlets use storms to push the political agenda of man made climate change. According to them President Trump caused this storm by removing the US of A from the Paris Accord! Imagine that, if Trump caused this storm why did Obama not step in and stop it, since he claimed he could lower sea levels. This is how loony the left really is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2018, 10:08 PM

It was a tough call and you have to err on side of safety. Now, that being said, where our government jumped the gun was calling for evacs so early.

It was a monster storm but I’m still confused how they missed the boat on the dry air and the shear it was going to encounter once it reached 200 miles from the coast. But even at that, the steering currents were so weak that anything could havve happened.

In nhc defense, 5 days ago they predicted landfall 2 miles from where it actually made landfall. Again, their defense- with weak steering as we had, it could have steered 20 miles sw motion that it did and stayed just offshore. Had it made that move, your daughter would not have been able to drive anywhere.

God Bless she’s safe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2018, 10:24 PM

Pathetic post. One. Who lets their daughter move to mettle beach? Two. They got lucky. Don’t be a ####. My house in oak island suffered tremendous damage by all accounts. May cost 100s Of thousands to fix. Yes, I have insurance so maybe not just me. Three. Your lawyer type comments are why I hate every check i write to my lawyers

Guess the storm blew this over from the Lunge or

Sep 16, 2018, 7:59 AM

the Emptytheatre.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 8:29 AM

Just thankful that it missed the Charleston area for the most part.

They indicated that 150,000+ in SC lost power, so I guess that was the northeastern part of SC, not sure of any other areas. Losing power is a big enough problem to deal with, even if your property survives the wind and water. I have had property damaged by a tornado, and it is a PITA to deal with for weeks to get everything repaired and close to normal again. I feel for anyone having to go thru even the smallest damage.

If the Waccamaw floods like they are projecting

Sep 16, 2018, 2:27 PM

only way in to MB will be 17S, so there's that

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic